Forums

Topic: Is 200$ a good price for an Used PS3 Slim?

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

Gavri07

Recently, My Playstation 3 slim damaged and I wanted to buy a new one instead of buying a PS4 or a PS5 since I don't wanna lose my game collection. I found what seems to be a good deal in eBay, It's a PS3 Slim CECH-3001A, which hasn't been opened since it still has the guarantee stamp on it. It seems to be in good condition although it is used (obviously). I just wanted to know if 200$ is a good price for an used PS3 Slim before buying it. (The seller doesn't accept refunds btw)

Gavri07

Octane

@Gavri07 I'd say no. Looking around I can easily find PS3 Slim models for around €50-100. So 200 seems like a rip-off to me.

Octane

Gavri07

@Octane Alright, I guess it's not worth it. Btw, found one at $119. It even comes with a box included and it has never been opened. What do you think about that deal?

Gavri07

Octane

@Gavri07 Never been opened, as in brand new? How much storage does it have? Either way I think that's definitely the better deal. If you don't mind them in used condition, you can probably find them even cheaper. Do you have a local game store that also sells used games and consoles? Might be worth checking those stores before you buy something online.

Octane

redd214

You can easily get a PS4 slim for $200 in the used space. Paying that much for a 3 is definitely not a good move

redd214

Gavri07

@Octane According to the box, it's a 160 GB model, and apparently it hasn't been opened since the guarantee stamp is still there, so yes, it might be new. I think it is better to buy it online since I live in a third-world country were things are way more expensive than they should be, so I don't think it's a good option.
I still think that buying an used product is not that bad, my last PS3 was from a cousin of mine and it worked really well for so many years, so yes.

Gavri07

Gavri07

@redd214 You're right, even though that the problem wouldn't exist if PS4 had backwards compatibility with PS3 since I don't wanna waste my game collection since I wasn't able to finish them all. Besides that PS3 Games are really cheap now.

Gavri07

Octane

@Gavri07 I think what @redd214 is trying to say is that you if you can easily find a used PS4 for $200, then you can surely find a PS3 for a lot less than that.

I personally wouldn't pay more than a 100 for it, especially if it's the 160GB model, and not the 500GB. I've even seen used PS3s for €50, but that's in Europe.

Octane

redd214

Octane wrote:

@Gavri07 I think what @redd214 is trying to say is that you if you can easily find a used PS4 for $200, then you can surely find a PS3 for a lot less than that.

Exactly what I meant, apologies if it wasn't clear.

redd214

Gavri07

@Octane I see your point, I have checked for 500 GB Models, most of them are super slim versions, which I don't like tbh, I think that the offer that I found might have a reason for its price since it even comes with the original box. I found a 500 GB Slim, but I think I should go for the 160 GB model since the seller has better ratings and the information he's providing me gives me more confidence than the 500 GB model seller, I mean, I prefer receiving the 160 GB which comes with a box that gives it more protection and that I know that hasn't been opened than getting the 500 GB, since it doesn't have the box and the pictures don't show me if the PS3 was opened, It might not be the best choice, but I prefer the 160 GB seller, besides that, I can expand the Hard Drive of the PS3 Slim in case that I need more space.

Gavri07

Octane

@Gavri07 I see, I thought you were talking about a brand new PS3. You meant not opened, as in the console itself wasn't opened up. If you feel it's a fair price, go for it.

Octane

Gavri07

@Octane Alright, I mean, I would open still open it in case that I need to expand the hard drive, but atleast I would know what I am doing, not like a console that was opened already and I don't know what they did on it, but I still think it's a fair price for a PS3 in those conditions, especially since it includes the box. Thx for the advice btw.

Gavri07

NoCode23

A good working condition low milage 160GB PS3 slim is worth $200, especially if bundled with a controller also in good working condition, to someone that wants to play lots of PS3 games, disc or digital. Oh, and don't forget any PS1 game discs and music cd's that gamer may want to play.

NoCode23

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.