Forums

Topic: Small bugs

Posts 121 to 140 of 158

Voltan

@nessisonett @render @Thrillho @antdickens
I went into Safari settings on iOS and disabled "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" and that did the trick. Not entirely sure I want to keep it that way though.
Clearing cookies with that option on doesn't help unfortunately.

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Your suggestion worked thanks! RIP my privacy but now I can watch embedded YouTube videos 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

Not technically a bug as such, but is anyone else having issues with the adverts over the last few weeks? The page will load, then the adverts, i go to tap on a forum topic, an advert then gets bigger, i then end up tapping the wrong topic. It is beginning to get a bit frustrating using the site at the moment. I'm on Android and using Google Chrome on a tablet.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

I often get the "disable your ad blocker" even though I have my ad blocker purposely turned off for sites I frequent like Push Square.

Also in my history with your site, the ads on your website have so often broken the website: ruining the design, slowing the browser, getting 404s on certain ads, last State of Play they made it impossible for me to engage in comments in the live chat.

Seems a bit petty from this site to make false accusations in my direction.

(I'm completely fine with paying for an ad-less Push Square, because the ads constantly break the website for me.)

Kidfried

antdickens

@Kidfried sorry to hear you've had issues like this.

What adblocker/browser are you using? This is the first false positive I've heard of the detector. It's just there to nudge people to white list us as most adblockers have blanket blocks on.

As for the disruptive ads, if you could let me know as/when this happens and provide screenshots of the bad ads that'll help us get rid of them — although they shouldn't get through in the first place.

Finally, we are planning on introducing an ad-free subscription in the near future

JohnnyShoulder

@antdickens I thought forum topics would automatically lock after 12 months of inactivity, but recently I think there have been a few instances of this not happening. Do you think there is a bug in the system, or something like that?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@antdickens Oh good, I've not gone totally insane then!

JohnnyShoulder

@antdickens Ah cool, cheers for the update 👍

Pixelated

i have to click the login button over and over and over many times to log in. on all my computers.

The Nintendo Switch is the only console that predicts its own future... after 5 years of nothing but weaboo games, you're ready to switch to another console!

JohnnyShoulder

@Pixelated @lolwhatno Have you guys tried clearing your cookies? Sometimes that will work.

Thrillho

I don’t know if this is just me but over the last few days when visiting on my mobile the forums have gone a bit wonky with no spacing down the left side of the screen; everything is just pushed right over.

img removed

Everything is fine on desktop.

On an up to date iPhone SE on Safari.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic