The officially named PlayStation Portal is Sony's own dedicated remote play device, allowing you to stream your PS5 to what we think is a slick-looking handheld. Boasting an eight-inch 1080p screen alongside DualSense selling points like adaptive triggers and haptic feedback, actually sitting down with one of these things would probably prove to be a pleasant experience.
However, the obvious talking point is the price tag. Retailing at $199.99 / £199.99 / €219.99, some would argue that it's an expensive solution to a problem that most people simply won't care about. But at the same time, when perceived as a specialist device, that price tag perhaps isn't as bad as it could have been.
And so, as always, we have to ask: are you sold on PlayStation Portal? Have your say in our polls, and then explain yourself in the comments section below.
Are you sold on PlayStation Portal? (5,843 votes)
- Yes, I'll be buying it as soon as it releases10%
- Yeah, I'm probably going to buy it14%
- Hmmm, I'm not sure yet16%
- Nah, it's a nice device but it's not for me12%
- Nope, it's too expensive for what it is15%
- No, I have zero interest in PlayStation Portal33%
Have you used PS5 remote play before? (4,663 votes)
- Yes, I use it frequently7%
- Yeah, I use it every now and then22%
- Yep, but only once to try it out32%
- No, I've never used remote play38%