FIFA 18's first big update is now available to download on PlayStation 4. Patch 1.03 weighs in at 1.2GB, and while it doesn't appear to include any especially huge changes, it does seem to make a few tweaks to various aspects of the game.
Here are the patch notes, anyway:
Added the following in FIFA Ultimate team:
- New functionality to Champions Channel including missed shots and hidden timeline.
Addressed the following in FIFA Ultimate team:
- An issue with the extra time display on the Champions Channel timeline.
- An issue with locked EASFC catalogue kits on opponent teams in Squad Battles.
- An issue where the crowd would have incorrect flags when the home team is wearing a certain kit.
- An issue where a player could crash when watching a FUT Champions Channel match.
- An issue where players could control the goalkeeper in FUT Single Player modes.
- Changed Matches Remaining to Attempts Remaining in FUT Champions Daily Knockout Tournament.
- Changed the Possible Points text in Squad Battles to Projected Match Points.
- Updated loan player portraits in the EASFC Catalogue.
- Visual improvements to some FUT item types.
Addressed the following in Gameplay:
- Tuned goalkeeper reactions in certain situations.
- Tuned down the difficulty for Amateur and Semi-Pro difficulties.
- Reduced shot accuracy and slightly increased goalkeeper reaction times in certain in-game situations.
Added the following in The Journey Hunter Returns:
- Icons in cinematic scenes to indicate the user-triggered action.
- Triggered actions are: Personality, FIFA 17 Result, Match Result, Key Decision, Player Performance, Team Performance, Partnership Rating
Added the following in Career Mode:
- Added option to delegate contract renewals.
- Allow users to renegotiate contract with a player whose release clause has been paid.
Addressed the following in Career Mode:
- An issue where users could use a loaned player as part of a transfer deal.
- An issue where Breaking News weren't getting refreshed.
Addressed the following in Online Modes:
- An issue in Pro Clubs where a player could return to an invisible lobby after a match.
- Enabled the opponent indicators in online matches.
- Improvements were made to the kit clashing logic.
Audio / Visual / Presentation Changes:
- The color of the In game radar icons are once again based on the color of a team’s kit.
- Adding this season’s authentic Bundesliga broadcast package.
- Addressed multiple minor audio issues.
- Improvements to the goal net animations.
After finally getting stuck into FIFA 18 over the last week or so, the gameplay alterations in particular stand out to us. According to the notes and what we're reading around the web, goalkeepers have been given a general buff, making them more effective between the posts, while shot accuracy has been reduced. This should mean that goals will now be harder to come by, which we think is probably a good change -- we've been scoring like crazy during our time with the release.
Did you pick FIFA 18 up? What do you think of these changes? Score a worldie in the comments section below.