Guerrilla Games' Co-Founder Combines with Cliff Bleszinski in New Venture

Bet they're making a shooter

Much like Transformers’ colossal Constructicon combined death bot Devastator, veteran developers Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee are joining forces to launch brand new start-up Boss Key Productions. The former is best known for the Gears of War series, of course, while the latter helped co-found PlayStation first-party studio Guerrilla Games.

Avid online sleuths uncovered the firm’s website earlier this week, when the ex-Epic employee noted on Twitter that he was coming out of ‘retirement’. Other than a logo, however, it doesn’t really include much – although we are quite keen on the 90s-esque icon. The abovementioned duo previously worked on Jazz Jackrabbit, so the collaboration makes sense.

There’s still no word on what the company’s making, but we’d put our life’s savings on a shooter of some kind. Bleszinski recently tweeted out a countdown pointing to 17:00PM GMT on 8th July, so that’s presumably when we’ll get to see the fruits of the start-up’s labours. What are you expecting the outfit to unveil? Unlock the door in the comments section below.

[via bosskey.com, eurogamer.net]

benrawr

benrawr said:

Jazz Jackrabbit! That's a game everybody should've played. I loved it, albeit with absolutely no idea what was happening

adf86

adf86 said:

I won't exactly be expecting this to come to Playstation since Blezinski hasn't exactly shown to be a fan of Playstation in years past. I don't have any time for him anyway after his comments on used games.

Fenriswolf-

Fenriswolf- said:

Best known for Gears of War?? Haha! He was a legend long before gears and is best known for the Unreal franchise..!

ps4nication

ps4nication said:

@adf86 thats what it was. I was trying to remember what it was that I read about him that left me thinking he was a douche

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Well, that sound very interesting. Gears is one of the MS exclusives I cared about, and I like Guerrilla's work. I will be following this closely.