Sony Sorry to Keep You Waiting for PS4 Firmware Update 1.70

Date due very soon

From what we’ve seen, the PlayStation 4’s hotly anticipated v1.70 firmware update is shaping up to be something of a humdinger. In addition to stripping away the device’s bothersome HDCP encryption, it will also incorporate the SHAREfactory – a video editing suite that will allow you to take your game captures to the next level.

However, while the system software upgrade itself looks great, it’s been on the agenda for over a month now, and still there’s no sign of a release date. Responding to a query on the European PlayStation Blog, manager Fred Dutton has apologised for the delay, but insisted that a date is coming “very soon”.

“We’ll confirm a release date very soon,” he wrote. “Sorry to keep you waiting.” We’d put money on the update arriving this week, but we have also heard whispers that it’s due out on 30th April, so you may have to wait a little while longer yet. Either way, we can’t wait to start creating some custom clips in SHAREfactory.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

Nothing in the update they have mentioned so far is what i want really :-/ But i live in hope that there will be a few things i want in the update ;-)

-CraZed-

-CraZed- said:

The HDCP removal is HUGE! While most people will no doubt use the integrated features being able to use an external capture card gives the best results, especially for those wonderful comparison videos etc. SHAREfactory sounds cool even if there is still no direct YouTube upload option.

For me personally I am waiting for the ability to play my music, upgrade and fixes for the BR and DVD playback, DLNA, upgrade to the interface that allows me to actually organize my stuff and for them to finally make it easier to navigate and sort my some 1000+ PS downloads.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

The update will come between today and the End of Times. It will be closer to today, so it will arrive "soon".

kensredemption

kensredemption said:

Needs a YouTube app, MP3 device support and ability to organize games and apps more efficiently. I really miss the XMB...

thedevilsjester

thedevilsjester said:

I just want to know what non share/hdcp changes there are. I couldn't care less about any of the content I have read about in this update. I am just hoping that at least one thing that I care about gets done, don't really care what just something that's useful to me in some way!