UK Sales Charts: inFAMOUS: Second Son Replenishes PS4's Power

Final Fantasy proves a hit for PS Vita

Titanfall may have pushed the Xbox One above the PlayStation 4 in the UK recently, but it looks like that bump is not going to last long. New stock of Sony’s next-gen system in addition to the release of the hotly anticipated inFAMOUS: Second Son has supposedly propelled the Japanese giant’s super machine back to the top of the charts – and that victory was reflected in the software sales list.

For starters, Sucker Punch’s superhero sequel soared straight to the summit, securing the second best launch of any PS4 game to date. Killzone: Shadow Fall remains the fastest seller, which is to be expected given its availability alongside the machine’s release. Elsewhere, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes sneaked into second, with 58 per cent of the sales occurring on Sony’s new system.

It wasn’t just good news for the manufacturer’s next-gen machine, however, as Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster managed to soar into fourth, one spot behind Titanfall. Even more fascinatingly is that the PlayStation Vita version finished ninth in the Individual Formats charts, above titles such as Dark Souls II, The LEGO Movie Videogame, and even FIFA 14. A pretty incredible result, really.

As always, you can peruse the full list of movers and shakers through here. We have a sneaking suspicion that Sony may be printing this week’s list out and hanging it on the wall as motivation moving forwards. After all, it wasn’t too long ago that Microsoft had total control of the UK sales charts, but things have totally changed over the past three or four months.

[via chart-track.co.uk]

Honestly never expected inFAMOUS to top. I knew the bundles would propel it, but I thought it would be MGS, Titanfall, inFAMOUS in the top three. Impressive result, and well deserved.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

I know this isn't a Sony release but I've been wondering how Mario Kart 8 will fair as that's the next major release now.

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

Its a whole lot of fun, I'm guessing that I'm supposed to sway on the side of smoke but running all over Seattle in neon never gets boring.

divinelite

divinelite said:

I literally cried in joy knowing vita able to secure top ten.

For second son its a given, I still play every time I have time on ps4vita

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

@get2sammyb I think to be more clear I'm wondering if MK8 will be a system seller for the Wii U like Titanfall and Infamous SS have been for Xbox one and PS4 but to an extent that will depend on whether its in a bundle.

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

This is a wonderful result for inFAMOUS! It's not my kind of game but that is purely down to my personal taste.

To be honest though, I think it's folly to determine your level of enjoyment in a game by how well it does in the sales charts. Enjoy your games people and don't let the reviews or the charts affect that.

RD74

RD74 said:

The next (what I would call) major release is Watchdogs on May 27th with Mario Kart 8, 3 days later (EU anyways)

@SimonAdebisi Not at all, neon is the best power!

@Jazzer94 I'm sure it will be a system seller. However, like @RD74 points out, it'll be difficult to topple Watch Dogs, which is launching on multiple platforms.

Kaim86

Kaim86 said:

I don't see any hardware numbers just that it's first for game sales. We need more US news it's a much bigger market.

N711

N711 said:

Good result considering its only been 2 days available out of the week charts

adf86

adf86 said:

@get2sammyb I would agree that Watch Dogs is the next big release (worldwide at least, MLB will be a big deal in the US) & that's why Sony putting a lot PS4 branding behind it will pay dividends with bundles etc...same goes for Destiny I believe in september?

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

@SimonAdebisi Exactly. This game is just so much fun! I actually can't wait to do my second "Evil' run through on Expert, and just blow the &@#% out of everything.

BlueProxy

BlueProxy said:

As it should be. Second Son is a blast, with really good voice acting and the best graphics I've seen on my PS4 to date. Did I mention a blast to play? A guaranteed 2-3 replays, and hopefully some DLC missions.

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

@Ginkgo I've just about finished my evil run on normal, going to run through the expert mode being nicey nice and see if I can get paper trail to work. Just seems to be ignoring me.