Embrace Your Inner Hipster with a $99 PSP-3000

Back to the future

There may be a new portable PlayStation platform in town, but that doesn’t mean that the previous generation is totally out of fashion. Amazon is currently selling the old-school PSP-3000 for a bargain bin $99 in North America. That represents a $30 saving over the standard retail price, which is excellent value for a system with an enormous library.

Even better, many of the platform’s greatest games can be purchased on the cheap, either physically or from the PlayStation Store. And you won’t have to deal with extortionate memory card prices, either. Who's tempted? We are.

[via amazon.com, joystiq.com]

@black-kyurem I don't think there's anything wrong with this. It's not like the PSP is particularly relevant in NA anymore. They may as well shift the remaining stock.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

already got mine a while back — picked up some great games and UMD movies for it on the cheap, too, because GameStop was starting to liquidate all their used stock, lol. you can get just about anything you want for it for low prices on Amazon... it's a great buy if you're still not quite sold on the Vita :3

WildMan

WildMan said:

tbh I still won't get one of these. This is probably Sony's worst console..

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Saw thins the other day, been wanting to get a replacement for my current one. The replacement screen I got is a dud, the power switch keeps coming loose, the finish is chipped and I managed to break a few of the cable clips.:(

The only thing stopping me is I'm not sure if I should just put the $99 towards a Vita instead.

Scrible

Scrible said:

No, actually SONY worst console would easily be the psp go, which is why its not on the market and the 3000 is

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

I would want one for playing imported Japanese games but importing games is expensive.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

If SONY is wondering why the PS Vita is failing, it's because they constantly overprice stuff. Make it as much as the 3DS costs and they're good to go.

WildMan

WildMan said:

@get2sammyb Yeah it has great games, all my friends and myself have had bad luck with them breaking and I hated the control nub. That made the system so uncomfortable to use..

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

@MrNiceGuy Really, cause mine held up like a tank. It fell out of the front pouch of my hoodie (so, about 3ft) 3 times landing on asphalt twice (my boot broke the fall once), and only chipped the finish.