Naughty Dog's Next Title Too Far Gone to Feature Move Support

Posted by James Newton

Maybe next time

Whatever Naughty Dog is working on, whether Uncharted 3 or something completely different, it's already too far into development for PlayStation Move controls to make an appearance.

Naughty Dog joint president Christophe Balestra said in an interview with GameInformer:

Maybe in the future. Right now, it's kind of difficult because we're so focused on the next thing. It would be too late for us to start thinking about that. Move certainly has potential.

So that's a categorical not-now-but-probably-later on whether or not the company will create games for Move. With Sony's other powerhouse franchises such as Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2 and inFamous 2 all confirmed or likely to contain Move support, would Uncharted 3 be behind the curve without motion control?

[via computerandvideogames.com]

BishBashJosh

BishBashJosh said:

I would love a new Jak & Daxter game from naughty dog. Maybe whatever game they are working on could be patched to include move controls later on anyway.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I'm not convinced that Move controls would work very well for a third-person shooter like Uncharted. Better they leave it alone, IMO.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Wait, so they're not making Uncharted 3? Are they Just taking a break from the series? Is it a spin-off? Will they ever make a Jak & Daxter 5?(I'm sorry, I can't talk about ND without begging for a new J&D)

EDIT: I'm sorry, I misread the article. I thought the game they were making was called Gone Too Far. So it could still be Uncharted 3(or J&D5).

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Just the demo of Uncharted 2 is the best non-Nintendo console/PC game I have ever played. That is sad but also awesome.

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

Of course it's Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 made Sony a whole pile of money, there's no way they aren't going to have ND make a 3rd game.

Hell, if it's anything other than Uncharted 3, my pants will be throughly soiled with surprise.

BL_Donth

BL_Donth said:

The project is too far in development to be another Uncharted title. @Stuffgamer Uncharted 3 (we all know it's coming) with Move support ain't a bad idea in my opinion. Maybe make it an alternative control scheme but DualShock 3 still being the default control scheme.