Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 2,421 to 2,436 of 2,436

LtSarge

@AgentCooper It does feel like Xbox developers don't care about pushing limits with their games now that they don't need their games to sell well. And as a result, I feel like Xbox gamers are setting a lower standard for Xbox games. I mean, I played Redfall and it's a very mediocre game. Go over to Pure Xbox and there will be a fair amount of people who think that it's a good game. It's not even close to being a good game, the developers have done the absolute bare minimum with this title.

Microsoft seriously needs to be more strict with their studios.

Regarding Jusant, I actually enjoyed it because of the fun climbing mechanics. It could get frustrating sometimes but it was overall a pretty fun game.

LtSarge

Bundersvessel

@LtSarge This is the feeling I’m getting. I’ve just finished Uncharted 4 and wanted to devote some time to Xbox but find myself fighting the idea of just carrying on with my Skyrim playthrough until Persona 3.

I’ve been really wiped out the last week or so, so that may be contributing to my lack of enthusiasm for Jusant because by all accounts everyone seems to love it. I hear it is short so I’m going to push on. I’ll be sure to update you @colonelkilgore if my feelings change 👍

Th3solution

@AgentCooper I honestly didn’t even know what’s on GamePass, but I did look it up and there’s some really enticing third party games there. Some from my wishlist are on there like Lies of P, Dead Space (in fact all of them are there), Wild Hearts, and Wo Long.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bundersvessel

@Th3solution All good choices friend. I don’t think it is choice with gamepass that is the problem, although there isn’t much that screams at me first party wise, it’s more a of a me thing haha I’m just having a really hard time finding games that appeal or resonate with me at the moment. I’m very much looking forward to playing Persona 3 on gp and I dare say my experience with Jusant has improved somewhat drastically.

I briefly dabbled with Lies of P and think it might be worth pushing on while it is ‘free’ and Wo Long could be decent too, let me know how you get on if you try either.

Edited on by Bundersvessel

Th3solution

@AgentCooper I have no immediate plans to jump into GamePass or the Xbox ecosystem, but I was impressed to see some of the inclusions on the service. And actually a lot of the games I find compelling are also on PS+, except for those I listed.

First party is the real question with GamePass. As someone who has a boat load of game already to play, I think the only way I dive into the console (which would not only require a big up-front investment in hardware but also the subscription cost) is if something first party knocks my socks off. 9-10/10 type of game, and preferably more than one. So that’s where Indiana Jones could that. I’ll assume Hellblade II is going to be a 9/10. But even if those two hit, I just don’t know.

The other third party games there like Lies of P and Wo Long are on my wishlist, but honestly are several games deep on the backlog, so I’m satisfied to wait until either a steeper price drop or a drop onto PS+. It’s what I did recently with A Plague Tale Requiem and my patience was rewarded and I’m loving the game and pleased that it came without any added cost.

But if and when, I’m certain to share thoughts on those two Souls-likes. But as I mentioned on the Souls thread, I plan to prioritize the From games I have left first.

As for Persona 3, I am really interested in your experience there, and P3 is a great get for GamePass. I’ll leave my thoughts on the series over on that thread. 🧵 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

So I watched the Indy game clip. It looks fine whatever, nothing that exciting.

... But am I the only one who thinks he sounds nothing like Harrison Ford and it's just Troy Baker with a slight accent?

Admitedly it's been a while since I've watched one of the films or heard Harrison and I've seen people saying he sounds alike but I don't hear it at all

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Bundersvessel

Feels good to be wrong, as I am about many things. Jusant turned out to be a beautiful and well crafted little gem. Once I relaxed a little I found the core gameplay to have a meditative quality, slowing making your way up one hand after another, slowing piecing together the narrative. It’ll stay with me for some time. Definitely recommended @colonelkilgore 👍

LN78

Just watched the "Indiana Jones" trailer. Wrong, wrong, WRONG!!!! Indy's satchel strap goes UNDERNEATH the leather jacket. Who do I need to email at MachineGames to get this egregious balls-up sorted out?

LN78

Matter

So in the recent "rumours" of Xbox "games" coming to "PS', is there anything out of those 'half'-"baked" "exclusives" you want to play?
Me "personally" 'I''d play a Gears "of" War game but that"'s about it. "Nothing" else screams (or talks) "a" must play"."

Matter

Voltan

@Matter I have a list of Xbox game I'd buy on PlayStation. It's not very long (and part of it is upcoming games) which is I never really considered buying the console.
It includes:

• Both Ori games
  • Gears Of War (especially 2&3, I played 1 on PC back in the day and I hear the newer ones aren't as good)
  • HiFi Rush
  • Hellblade 2
  • the Indiana Jones game

I think that's literally it

Voltan

Th3solution

@Matter My thoughts are similar but to @Voltan — I don’t feel anything is a “must-play” from the Xbox library, but I would almost certainly buy Hellblade II because I loved the first one. Also am a fan of the movies, so would be interested in Indiana Jones.

Gears and Fable have always held my curiosity too. And Forza, mainly because it’s so highly rated, although I am not a racer aficionado and have been perfectly satisfied with playing the occasional Gran Turismo every few years. 😄

Voltan

Fable is another one I could be interested in but I'd need to see more. I liked the 1st one (again, back in my PC gaming days) but I have literally no idea where the series went from there.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

I might give them a go when they come to PS Plus.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic