Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 7,479

R1spam

@Ralizah Ha, thanks for the tip, I got a decent deal on digital for that and brain training on ShopTo. Best thing I've done in ages, AC is the chill I need in my life right now!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

crimsontadpoles

Played the free trial of Arms, it was alright. It wasn't bad, but it does seem to be lacking the charm and magic that the likes of Smash Ultimate and Splatoon 2 have.

My main issue was with the controls. I kept switching between using the joy-cons and the pro controller, unable to decide which was better. Joy-cons were fun to use, throwing out your fists using motion controls to get the character to punch. However, it was also frustrating as it was fiddly to get the character to move and punch in the correct direction. That might just be down to me being bad at motion controls in general though. On the other hand, the game felt a lot easier with the pro controller, but loses the fun of the motion controls. The pro controller also took a lot of time to get used to the controls though.

The gameplay was fun at first, but I'm concerned that it would very quickly get boring and repetitive. Once I'd played the Grand Prix on medium difficulty (level 4) with best girl Ribbon Girl, and did a little bit of the other game modes (multiplayer and a few short mini-games), that was enough for me. I didn't particularly feel eager to play any more.

As someone who tends to play only using the pro controller, I'm glad to have tried something out that uses the joy-cons in a different and clever way. It was fun to try the game out, but I didn't enjoy it enough to want to buy the full game.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

BranJ0

@crimsontadpoles I actually got Arms on launch day, mainly due to the complete lack of Switch releases at the time, and it definitely has the problem you say with the controls. The main game also has a woeful lack of content, and in my opinion whilst the fighting is good, it doesn't have enough depth to stand on its own for very long. It's fun, but very forgettable. I'm very "meh" over it being the next Smash Bros fighter, but I'm hoping the other fighters in the new fighter's pass will be worth it!

BranJ0

Ralizah

It's too easy to get carried away and confuse the game. The game requires small, precise motions, but that flies in the face of the physicality of it.

I could see it being a fun VR game, but the motion gesturing on Switch just doesn't cut it for me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@KratosMD Sunshine’s my favourite 3D Mario game so I’d love that but it also reinforces my view that Nintendo haven’t had an original idea since 2017. Well seeing they’ll charge £50 for this but the virtual console games haven’t been updated in months.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Haruki_NLI

Well the way it's being talked about is that 3D World is being released separately and has new content.

Now the fact that they specify 3D World as a separate release should tell you something about the remasters.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

SM64 is a bland nightmare that needs a full remake, but otherwise, Sunshine and onward could absolutely get away with just improving the visuals a bit. Sunshine/Galaxy are timeless games.

Although they'll need a way to get around the lack of analogue triggers for Sunshine.

nessisonett

@Ralizah I still have no clue why analogue triggers were shelved, they were brilliant on the Cube.

Octane

@KratosMD I'd argue that €30 is overpriced for a GameCube game as well. Unless it's a really good remaster. But if it's just up-scaled resolution it's too much. But people will buy it in droves even if it's 60, so it's probably going to be 60.

Octane

mookysam

Super Mario 64 was one of the most important games of my teen years. Absolutely loved it at the time and replayed it repeatedly over the years, well into the sixth gen and beyond. While the design has a simple elegance, there's no doubt it's aged considerably. A full remake - perhaps with the additions of the DS version - could update it beautifully.

Sunshine is perhaps my least favourite 3D Mario. While there's lots to love about the game I feel the rushed development is apparent in the somewhat truncated game structure. The camera needs a lot of work and the excessive blue coin collectathon could do with some tightening up. I don't see how the full feature set of the FLUDD could be simulated without analogue triggers. A full price remaster would be a tough sell, but £30 would be an attractive price point.
The Galaxy games combine in a collection would be brilliant!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Haruki_NLI

@Octane @mookysam The rumours are stating that 3D World is a separate Deluxe release (Probably first honestly) while the other 4 games are one package as a collection.

Which...I find really hard to believe.

kyleforrester87

Turned on Animal Crossing for a few minutes, 4 hours later I’m dressed as an egg, sleeping on a bed of giant eggs on top of an egg shaped rug.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 That's just a normal Tuesday for me, fam.

I like the event. I don't like the terrifying rabbit mascot at the center of it. He looks like something that'd try to strangle me in Five Nights at Freddy's.

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah Haha I quite like him. He's mad creepy. Also, he alluded to being someone else just dressed up as a bunny, so I am assuming we could get a reveal?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

My brother got Animal Crossing for his birthday and apparently it’ll take 16 hours to download. I’ve restarted the download about 5 times and still the same despite the first time only taking 20 minutes before it getting stuck at 86%. It’s bloody annoying, I have great internet and could download a 20GB game on any other console in about 20 minutes so I don’t understand why this is so awful.

RR529

The Galaxy games already had an official HD release in China (Nintendo released them, as well as a couple other HD Wii titles, on the Nvidia Shield in the region), so theoretically those could be almost ready to go, meaning that 64 & Sunshine are really the only games they'd work on.

Who knows, maybe it's just a sequel/DLC for Odyssey that sees you returning to areas from past games, and someone confused images for remakes of those games.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Haruki_NLI

What's odd about those Shield ports is they aren't developed by Nintendo, rather Nvidia themselves.

Also odd...is how they dont run quite so smoothly, but also being ports for the Nvidia Shield means they dont run so perfectly at 1080p...on more powerful specifications than the Switch.

I also only recall 4 Wii games released for Shield, all in 2017 and not any mention of them since, and Galaxy 2 wasn't one of them. I believe it was NSMBW, Punch Out, Galaxy and Twilight Princess.

RR529

How many Bunny Day DIY projects are there in ACNH?

I know of:
Arch (don't have)
Bag (made)
Bed (made)
Balloons (made)
Chair (don't have)
Crown (made)
Earth Egg Clothing Set (have recipe)
Fence (made)
Garland (made)
Lamp (made)
Leaf Egg Clothing Set (don't have)
Rug (made)
Sky Egg Clothing Set (have recipe)
Stone Egg Clothing Set (have recipe)
Table (made)
Wall Clock (made)
Water Egg Clothing Set (have recipe)
Wood Egg Clothing Set (made)
Wreath (made)

Anything else anyone knows of? I'm trying to wait before making all the clothing sets because they use up so much of the particular egg type they require (in comparison to the other projects, which usually just require 1 of each type).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

Just reached a tiny backwater town in Dragon Quest VII called Hardlypool. I love the English translation, it’s full of tiny puns like that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic