Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 341 to 360 of 541

ReanSchwarzer7

I just beat Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, which is a fantastic game, though I would prefer a little less fan-service.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

Stats
Reviews: 593
Features: 209
Developer's Interviews: 41

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Reanfan7 yeah the fan service isn't really in the spirit of the anime or manga either, it why i just used Asuna all the time

My top 3 Star Wars Movies are, The Empire Strikes Back, Revenge of the Sith & The Force Awakens, YEAH i said a Prequel movie WHAT OF IT?

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD To me, Link to the Past defines Zelda. It that was one of those games I played as a kid on the SNES lots and lots. I still have it in fact. I am tempted to get the Link Between Worlds for the 3DS at some point so I can experience on the go.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

KratosMD

@Rudy_Manchego I actually played through A Link Between Worlds before A Link to the Past and both felt very similar. The world is pretty much the same from what I've gathered, it's just the dungeons and the overall content that has been changed in Link Between Worlds. I really loved that game though, so you should definitely get it.

'To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly'
'They fail to live because they are always preparing to live' - Alan Watts

Tasuki

@Rudy_Manchego It sounds like you love Link to the Past as much as I do. With that said I highly recommend getting a Link Between Worlds. It's definitely worth it especially for someone who really enjoyed ALttP. I honestly think Link Between Worlds is the best new Zelda game with the classic Zelda style.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki You know I haven't sat and played it properly in years but the amount of hours I plugged into that game. I even remember collecting Total magazine, here in the UK, as they were publishing a monthly guide to uncover all the secrets etc. When you were a kid whose family didn't have much money, a game like Zelda was just perfect. Although I have it on my SNES on my retro shelf, I was planning on replaying it all on the SNES Classic when it releases. I will defo check out a Link Between Worlds. Might add that to the christmas wishlist because it is the perfect game to be able to sit and ignore my inlaws to at christmas!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki Alas I don't - I got a cheap second hand 3DS. Not complaining because it was cheap but it is a shame for SNES VC. That is why I am hoping for VC on the Switch!

KratosMD

Just finished The Last Guardian. Brilliant game, I liked it much more than Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. The flow of the story and the gameplay was much more seamless than the previous games and it made for a very enjoyable experience.

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD It's an awesome game. But it's not better than SOTC in my eyes. It does help that I played SOTC when it was released, mind you, so it felt more cutting edge. I think I'd probably prefer TLG now if I played them both for the first time recently.

But yes, TLG is superb.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 "I think I'd probably prefer TLG now if I played them both for the first time recently."

Yeah, that's the thing with me. I played all the Team Ico games during the past month and TLG stood out the most for me, probably because it's the newest one. Maybe I would've liked SotC more back when it came out, but I just couldn't muster up the patience of climbing some of those beasts today. I even lost patience sometimes when climbing Trico, lol.

My favourite moment of the game was easily jumping off a tower and missing the jump completely but I managed to land on the tip of Trico's tail and survive. When I climbed back up to the ground, I saw Trico taking a massive dump right next to me. Then he picked me up with his mouth when I picked up his dung, probably due to embarrassment as he didn't want me to touch it. To say the least, I was so confused and entertained during that whole moment, lol.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 Controlling Trico is not hard, I think people just have difficulty knowing which way to go. Because if you're pointing Trico the wrong way, then he won't listen to you immediately and that's probably where a lot of frustration stems from. If you just point him the right way, then he'll even do the rest of the controlling for you. He even tells you a lot of the times where to go if you're not sure. I rarely had any problems controlling him because of that.

KratosMD

Just finished Super Metroid. What an amazing game! For a game that came out 23 years ago, it still holds up very well today. I can definitely see why some people think this is one of the best games ever made, it was very impressive for its time. It was also pretty great playing it on a Wii U with a Classic Controller Pro to get the best possible authentic experience for a modern system, because the CCP is so similar to an SNES controller. It felt really great playing it with that controller, in contrast to the Wii U gamepad.

I can say after playing Other M, Metroid Prime and Super Metroid that I've become a real fan of this franchise. I only need to play Zero Mission, Samus Returns and Metroid Prime 2 now and then I've pretty much covered the entire franchise.

Edited on by KratosMD

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Music to my ears. I've wobbled on about it before but Super Metroid is a game that made me a gamer really. As a kid, it was quite tough, particularly bosses but I would persist. My dad also got into it and we would spend ages exploring and exploring and then telling each other where all the different items were.

I've kept my SNES to play it and completed it again only last year. Honestly, my favourite game of all time.

KratosMD

@Rudy_Manchego I can definitely see that. It's definitely a game where you can spend hours and hours trying to find all the secrets, which you can absolutely do without a guide as soon as you get the X-ray scope.

I mentioned this about A Link to the Past, but these games aren't really that hard as long as you spend time collecting everything that you come across. If you don't do that then the games are pretty difficult, which is why the games encourage you to make your playtime easier and just go out of your way to find upgrades. This I feel like Nintendo did a very good job with back then, because collectibles are actually meaningful in these games compared to games with collectibles today. I want to go out of my way to find an extra energy tank or more heart pieces to increase my life and withstand the bosses more easily. Because of this, I feel like both games have aged very well as you can basically decide how difficult you want your playthrough to be.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic