Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 341 to 360 of 5,530

Th3solution

Just beat Until Dawn after a couple long sessions this week. I'm not much into the horror drama so I'm not sure why I even played it. (Since it was free on PS plus I guess I had nothing to lose except time) Well, I really liked it. I may even try for the platinum, we'll see. The ending and the plot points really were great. The story and characters had me invested the whole time. I don't care for all the jump scares and gore, but I have to admit, it kept me on the edge of my seat. The gameplay mechanics were also pretty good, shooting (or targeting, depending what you're holding) was very basic and there were quite a few QTE's spread throughout. The constant threat of permadeath for the different characters made for added anxiety with all the scare tactics added. Overall, definitely worth the 8-10 hour investment of time and even worth money to buy it if you didn't get it free on PS Plus.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ellsworth004

@Ralizah after reading ur conversation about undertale im quite intrigued. It sounds like a very interesting game. I may have to check this game out for myself. It's a turned based rpg with old school graphics?

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Ralizah

@ellsworth004 Visual design is influenced by a variety of older platforms, including the SNES and Amiga. The combat is interesting. When YOU attack, you're just timing when you hit a button to inflict maximum damage. When the enemy attacks, though, a little icon representing your soul is forced to dodge a variety of attacks. During harder boss battles, it almost feels like you're playing an arcade shmup as you're forced to navigate your icon through fierce waves of enemy attacks and bullets.

Definitely play it. It was one of my top games of 2015 when it released on PC.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

Little Battlers Experience (3DS) - Got it because it's pretty much the only game on 3DS that lets you customize your own robot/mech. It wasn't a bad game by any means, just definitely intended for a younger audience compared to other JRPG's I've played (the dungeons were probably the most linear I've ever experienced, and even featured an arrow pointing the exact way to go on the map, if you didn't want to take the one or two small branches that had a chest, for example).

It's a decent game when it's all said & done (I'll admit the "Saturday Morning Cartoon" vibe it had going on was charming), but with the plethora of great JRPGs on the system, it's a pretty tough sale unless you really want something with a bit more of a sci-fi flair.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Fight_Teza_Fight

Cleared a big hurdle in my backlog in the form of Assasin's Creed: The Ezio Collection! This is the pinnacle of Assasin's Creed. I think people forget that the early games told incredible stories.

There will never be an Assassin more compelling then Ezio in my opinion. From his first breath to his last & all the in between you can't help but get attached to him.

As for the games themselves I also think they are the pinnacle of Assasin's Creed in terms of awe inspiring moments. The Assasin's Tombs in AC2, the beautifully crafted Rome in Brotherhood, to finally giving Altair his last rights in Revelations are moments of sheer epicness.

Performance wise, AC2 was pretty bad. Bunch of glitches, crashes & popping textures, but Brotherhood & Revelations ran pretty flawlessly. In fact Revelations in particular could pass as a current gen game.

Rounding up the 3 games the collection includes AC: Embers & AC: Lineage. They are a great watch- particularly Embers (Sofia's Letter... ).

Really hope AC gets back to this. I'm hoping The Shroud from Syndicate can lead to the revival of the franchise... .
Not letting Desmond go just yet.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

kyleforrester87

Beat Undertale last night. The ending was great, but due to a "mistake" at the beginning I don't seem to have got the ending I wanted. I'll replay it on Vita I think.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

AFCC

Kingdom Hearts 1 final mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chains of memories!
I'm currently playing through these games: Kingdom Hearts 2, COD Infinite Warfare, Last Guardian, Nier Automata, Destroy all Humans, Fifa story mode, Game of Thrones, Just Cause 3, Gta 5, Persona 5, Xcom 2, Sniper Elite 3 and my current favorite...PYRE

AFCC

PSN: AFCC_13 | Twitter:

Ralizah

Persona 5. After 112 hours, I'm not sure what to say, except that it lived up to and exceeded all of my expectations. Easily the best Persona game in the series, and perhaps one of the best JRPGs I've played overall. I don't know. I'll need to get some distance from it first to gain perspective. But it was a wonderful experience. Fully worth owning a PS4 to play.

Th3solution

@Ralizah did you platinum it? Is it possible for me to beat it in less time if I'm not trying to platinum?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@Th3solution No, 112 hours was for a basic, get-to-the-ending-credits initial playthrough. I still have at least one or two more playthroughs before I platinum it. It's possible to platinum the game in around 150 hours or so if you play optimally, but it'll probably take me a lot longer. Not that I'm going to attempt that right now.

Second playthrough will probably be next year. I'll listen to the Japanese voice track and focus on completing my social links and completely filling out my Persona compendium.

Edited on by Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah That brings up a question — how is the English voice acting? I noticed the Japanese language track was available for download and so I was deliberating whether to try it when I play P5. I usually prefer English if the actors and translation is good. Obviously sometimes the full meaning (especially humor) doesn't always come across into English, but I thought P4's English voice track was fantastic.

Ralizah

@Th3solution It has some of the best english voice acting I've ever heard in an Atlus game. Also, they did a good job translating the script, so I doubt any of the humor was lost in translation.

Definitely play it with the english vocals the first time through unless you're a purist (which it doesn't sound like you are).

Edited on by Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Sounds good. But ... Persona 5 or Danganronpa 2. How do I choose where to spend my weekend?

Ralizah

@Th3solution That's... a pickle. They're both great games. I guess I'd recommend playing Danganronpa 2 first if only because it's less of a time commitment. P5 is a gargantuan game that with ruthlessly consume your free time for months.

Th3solution

@Ralizah Well actually, I hope to be able to report on this thread in the next few days that I will have finished Lost Legacy and Virtue's Last Reward. I'm on the home stretch on both games and so need to get those wrapped up first. I have one more escape room and like 2 or 3 endings pending on VLR and in LL I think I have 2 more chapters. More detailed impressions to follow.

Ralizah

@Th3solution Have you been getting all of the gold files in VLR? If you 100% the game, you get a secret ending.

Another amazing game. Probably my favorite this generation.

Edited on by Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Yes! I have all the gold files so far with one more to go. I'm pretty excited about the story coming together. Each ending is now having a new reveal about the plot and characters and so it's really getting juicy. I'm withholding final judgment on the game for now, but it has been a positive experience so far. I expect to have the platinum since I have been getting all the gold files and should have all the endings.

Th3solution

I just finished Uncharted Lost Legacy. I wrote a more detailed impression to share here, but it got a little wordy so I figured I better post it on the actual Lost Legacy thread, so check there if you'd like to read the longer version. But suffice it to say I really really liked the game. Definitely one of my favorites of the year.

RR529

Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS)

It actually ended up being a pretty awesome game. The core gameplay was as solid as ever, and the Robobot was a fun addition. It's actually a very nice looking game, and thanks to the mechanized theme, even the standard grass & desert areas feel fresh. The bosses were the real highlight though, with the final boss in particular being epic in scale, and delightfully bizarre in it's final stage (the obvious Gurren Lagaan influence didn't go unnoticed either).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic