Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,281 to 4,300 of 10,097

Rudy_Manchego

@andreoni79 I have pre-ordered and am going to completely avoid social media and articles till I finish Once reviews are out. Prob YouTube too since giving spoilers in thumbnails is a thing.

I hate that people decide there is a shelf life on spoilers. Oh it is out a week... spoil spoil spoil.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

Thanks @Ralizah that was a passionate comment. Well said.

I've done a bit of digging on PS5 over the last few nights. It's being built by Foxconn who are a Taiwanese company, the working conditions arent great with a high level of suicide, dormitories reside on site and unpaid overtime is regular and ongoing. Security watch over to make sure productivity is as high as possible. I think its a bit hypocritical of Sony when the PS5 is being built in a modern day sweatshop which housed a 2000 man strong riot.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

Considering that tensions here are getting rather heated over the last couple of days, I propose that political chat should probably be kept to a minimum on this thread for now. We’re not really solving anything by fighting amongst ourselves and it’s a bit pointless given the circumstances. We’ve all said our piece, can we not just leave it at that?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

A shared love of gaming should never, ever require us all to have the same socio-political views.

Heaven forfend the day it does.

We're all decent people where it counts, no matter what labels we wear, how we vote or, heck, even what we believe. 2020 is determined to test the most patient of saints; I agree with @nessisonett and reckon this topic should take a step back, give everybody room to breathe (on all sides, no patronising intended) and give us all a chance to remember why we're here.

We love games, and we enjoy chatting to one another about them. Let's do that.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@KratosMD You don't need to do that though bro. Talk it through. As I commented I had no other info other than what you originally wrote, it came across like you thought every black person should support BLM because they are black. Now you have given additional information that is obviously not the case. That's fair enough.

Ralizah is cool man, as are you.

@nessisonett @RogerRoger no we can't, we need to get everyone arguing until we get to the boss argument at the end of world 1-4. Yeah let's not talk politics for a few days.

(I'm timing that and will be back on Saturday)

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett
Sensible suggestion, it's a shame to see people fall out like this. Always a risk unfortunately when talking about these sort of subjects.

Anyone discovered or rediscovered any hobbies during this pandemic?

LieutenantFatman

Ralizah

Well, there is a reason I try not to 'get into politics' online too much.

I know you won't see this since you apparently put me on ignore, @KratosMD , but I really wasn't trying to talk behind your back. Your post might have triggered me a bit, but I really wasn't even talking ABOUT you. I was talking about a lot of people I've met over the years who have that attitude. And I was talking about an attitude in general that white-cis-het "allies" often lead with, regardless of whether they're consciously aware they're doing it or not. And I don't see the point in tagging someone when I'm making a more general point.

I do apologize if I made you feel like I was trying to undercut you or ignore you or whatever it is you think I've been doing to you (honestly, by the sound of it, you've been growing increasingly irritated me with for a while; since we're on the subject of not talking directly to people, it would have been nice if you'd actually tagged me and told me that I'm doing something to upset you, so we could have had a discussion about it before it came to this). But I won't apologize for voicing my opinion based on my life experience.

I'm here to talk if you want to patch things up, but if you don't want to, that's fine as well. It's fine to not like people.

@LieutenantFatman I've taken to doing jigsaw puzzles with my family. Haven't really messed with them in over a decade. It's supremely irritating at times (a lot of puzzles have weirdly low build quality, even when they're more expensive or from a big or recognizable brand), but it's also a nice way to bond with people that doesn't involve electronics (which have come to dominate too much of my life, I've found).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Woah, according to the great Push Square gods that control the mention technology, apparently your post there mentioned me. I mean, it clearly doesn’t so now I’m really confused 😂😂

Ralizah

@nessisonett I had. I responded to your post about incredulous white liberals, because it's another subject where I have things I'd like to get off my chest, because it frustrates me to no end seeing a 'group' of people with universally popular policy beliefs shooting themselves in the foot continually with their apparent inability to see politics and culture through anything other than an idpol lens (which, as you point out, really hurts them with many Hispanic communities). But it doesn't do well to push on the politics subject when people are openly tiring of it right now, so I deleted the comment after some reflection.

...oh, I mentioned politics again. Last time, bae, I swear to God!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah That explains that then! I was extremely confused for a few minutes there 😅

themcnoisy

@LieutenantFatman chess C2 - C4.

LieutenantFatman

@themcnoisy
I don't think I've ever used the English opening, might have to give that one a try.

@LN78
Loved my Lego growing up, not sure I'd have managed in making a 7k piece model though, that sounds like quite the adventure.

@Ralizah
Sounds like a fun activity for the family, I think getting away from technology now and again is definitely worth doing. I've been trying to do that myself.

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

@crimsontadpoles
Freshly baked bread is amazing, I used to make it but that was a long time ago. Great hobby! I do love good food.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles Argh, it was you buying all the yeast, I’ve been trying to get hold of some for weeks 😂😂

Genrou

@LN78 I saw the Batmobile set last year at my local Lego Store and was so tempted to get it cause that version of the Batmobile has always been my favorite. But then I got to thinking where do I have the room to put it together and then display it lol.

Genrou

nessisonett

I’ve finally decided to make some actual progress on a game I’ve been working on in my free time for years. I think I’m going to do it properly this time, follow a proper methodology and with this much time on my hands, it’s better to do something useful. I’ve participated in loads of game jams but never really found one I was passionate enough about to expand upon. It’ll probably end up on the back burner again once Uni starts back in September but as of now, I’m all fired up. Still feels silly using Game Maker Studio when I have plenty coding experience but I haven’t found a better IDE for what I want to accomplish, Unity and UE4 are a lot better for 3D stuff. Who knows, if it ends up a hit I’ll make sure to send you lot copies 😉

Areus

Did You Guys Hear Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning Is Supposedly Getting Remastered This August.

Edited on by Areus

Areus

Rudy_Manchego

@nessisonett Ok - if it is going to be the next Minecraft or Stardew I want in on the ground floor as publisher. Obviously I follow the EA or Take2 model, so if the game is successfull, I'll take credit, a chunk of the money and then eventually fire you from it and take the IP to someone else who can inject it with microtransactions. OR I'll just cancel it and close the studio.

@LN78 That is a thing of beauty. I have always wanted the Lego super Star Destroyer but way too much money and size.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic