Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 10,093

LieutenantFatman

@ralphdibny
It does seem to be the way the market is headed. And with the global economy taking quite a hit, I think it's going to be a hard one to judge. You do tend to find prices go up a little at the start of each generation.

LieutenantFatman

jdv95

so anyone planning to watch the entire xbox reveal show or just gonna skip to the game they want to see later?

the only reason i'm gonna watch is for AC valhalla and even than i could just wait untill someone else puts the AC part by itself on youtube.

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Yeah i was thinking the same, although I did complete and enjoy the first game. All the people slagging off ND has made me want to buy the game and show my support.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

jdv95

yeah the negativity seems rather hyperbole.

now i don't know the extend of the leaks but it seems to be all PC politics based that some just can't handle,despite living in a modern western world.

besides most people claiming they won't buy a game anymore always end up buying it anyway.
so what's the point of their negativity in the end?

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

Th3solution

It seems like PushSquare traffic has skyrocketed. Since the Sony forums shut down and then COVID19 in top of that, it has grown tons this past few months. The polls now have over a thousand votes within the first few hours, where it seems like they used to have like 250-300 votes after a couple days.
I’m happy for the site, but it also brings in a few trolls and various riff-raff who like to stir trouble.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Ah, that explains the whole Last of Us 2 situation then. I hope PS doesn’t end up going the same way NLife has, the success of the Switch made that site go from pretty docile to a bit of a warzone. Although I’m sure I won’t be likely to cause quite as much trouble on this site

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Haha, that’s funny because you’ve never caused any trouble. And your comments and opinions are always respectful and insightful.

But we shall see. So far the forums are fairly tame with the regulars ...just the outpouring of added people with broken PS3s and PS4s. The comments sections are where it gets dicey with the Naughty Dog and the PS Plus articles and such. Nevertheless, I do like seeing a lot of people’s input and opinions, and the polls are definitely more representative when you have 4-5x the input.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution Yeah I have noticed the comments on the articles rocketing up really quickly, within an hour there are 50+ comments. I've started to ignore the negative comments on some articles, state my piece and so far have escaped any abuse. That said, I've mainly kept to the forums I think at the moment. A lot of negativity but alas, that is what comes with success. Plus, new console generations also seem to bring the worst out of people.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Thrillho

I’ve never really used article comments on here as I find it difficult to follow “conversations” between commenters with how the comment section is set up (rather than replies being immediately below the original comment on Disqus for instance). It also means you get a lot of people saying the same things.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah it's been discussed in here previously that due to people in lockdown, the closure of the PS forums and the difficulty of getting in contact with PS support that there has been increased traffic on here.

I have a quick browse through the comments on articles, say my piece if I feel the need to and move on. Luckily the only people tagging me back have been either continuing the discussion in respective manner or positive feedback to what I've posted. But there is either too much negativity on some comments sections or just too many posts that I can be bothered reading them sometimes.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Rudy_Manchego

I made a tactial error recently with regards to my PS4. My wife is not a gamer but she loved Tetris as a child and recently we went to a retro arcade and she spent the whole time on the old Tetris cabinet.

It was her birthday a few weeks ago and the night before I thought her present haul was a little low and guess what, Tetris Effect was on playstation Store in a sale. So I 'bought' it for her with the expectation that she would play it once or twice, get bored, I'd get kudos and a game out of it. I'm a great husband and a clear catch, obviously.

So yeaaaaaah... she wants to play it everynight and hog the tv with PS4. Indeed, she has talked about a sharing rota. This is the same TV that my PS4 and XB1 are connected to. I'm also very much into a bunch of PS4 titles right now.

The real thing that caused the issues is trophies. When an early bronze trophy popped, the wife asked what that was and I absent mindedly explained that you could 100% a game and you received these for meeting in game achievements. I forgot she was massively competitive and now wants to try and platinum it (which I doubt beccause the trophy list is insane).

I was thinking of maybe getting the PS4 to crash and then telling her it got deleted because she broke ith. Any other ideas team PushSquare?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@Thrillho Ha ha - that had occurred to me but I am just terrible at Tetris compared to her. She has nearly finished the campaign on normal. I tried the last level after her and I managed 3 lines down before I failed. I just dont have the brain capacity for it!

kyleforrester87

I'm gunna assume it's the Kyle's moms a ***** song (can't listen at the mo), yeah she loved that back in the day!

Edited on by antdickens

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

andreoni79

I think it's time for a new non-contest, similar to the one that let us users send you our PS5 designs.
Cyberpunk 2077: customized genitals could be the name.
Community rules may require an update.
What could possibly go wrong?

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 😂 Pimp my Junk takes on a whole new meaning.

andreoni79

@JohnnyShoulder I had to google what you said since my English is quite limited and I found infos about an interior design shop in Johannesburg... 😂

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic