Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 23/24 season

Posts 181 to 200 of 206

QualityGeezer

@BearsEatBeets I'm glad they have incorporated both weekends into one game week though, I was worried I wouldn't have a full team if they had done it as separate. BTW how is your team name still pending moderation? It's been over half a season, thought it would have been sorted by now

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@QualityGeezer I've no idea why it's taking so long, I've just gone with as my team name now. It's not something I've tried to rectify, I just assume it will eventually get looked at. Although I won't be shocked if it's probably going to stay for the season now.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

QualityGeezer

Already got to transfer my Afcon and Asia Cup players out and just read Trent is out for a month as well, nightmare

Edited on by QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@QualityGeezer I didn't know about Trent, that sucks for Liverpool as well as my fantasy team. Pretty sure I already used my free transfer on taking out Son so will have to check if I can get away with benching him.

BearsEatBeets

QualityGeezer

@BearsEatBeets yeah he's been on good form so you don't really want him and Salah out of the team at the same time. Not sure who will cover him seen as gomez is playing left back ATM

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@QualityGeezer I'm guessing that youngster who came on against Arsenal will have to step up (forgot his name). He played well though. We should get an idea shortly from who he puts out tonight in the EFL semi-final.

BearsEatBeets

QualityGeezer

@BearsEatBeets yeah Connor Bradley. He's starting him again tonight so looks like the likely option for the next month. He's cheap as chips as well so may put him in

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@QualityGeezer Could be a good punt, it will probably only be for 1 or 2 gameweeks though. I've just benched Trent as I don't really see anyone worth spending 4 points on.

Hopefully Liverpool will finish strong like they did against Arsenal. I would love Gomez to get his first goal on his 200th appearance.

BearsEatBeets

QualityGeezer

@JRJ3 another good gameweek mate. Starting to get worried about my lead now

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

Not a great first weekend for this extended gameweek. My captain gets 2 points and my vice-captain 10 😖. I'm hoping Zinchenko doesn't play so that I get Gordon's 7 points from the bench, or that he can somehow outscore that much.

Pondering using my second wildcard but will wait to see how the second half of the gameweek pans out.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Gone must of the season without any Liverpool players and when I finally have 3 in my team they all end up injured. I used my second wildcard this week because of the injuries plus some not playing. Just discovered Hojlund who I put in is now also injured. Good job I can swap him back out again at no cost.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

My punt on Solanke for captain isn't off to to a good start. Hopefully next time I check he won't be on a negative figure.

BearsEatBeets

QualityGeezer

Congratulations FC Bren on winning this mate

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@QualityGeezer Don't give up yet you're still in a strong position mate. The Cup starts next gameweek too. I think I've got a little too much to catch up for the win but I have been pleased with the turnaround. I had such a poor first half to the season but have slowly improved in the second half.
I'm trying to set myself up to utilize my final chip (benchboost) as best as possible but I'm finding it tricky to find any good defenders when I already have 3 Arsenal players. No other team seems to be able to keep clean sheets this season.

BearsEatBeets

QualityGeezer

@BearsEatBeets forgot about the cup mate tbh that's cool. I finished 4th last year so as long as I finish 3rd I'm happy. I won't catch FC Bren now he's in about a 100 leagues and he's top of them all so he obviously knows his stuff

QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

Well that's the end of liverpool this season unfortunately

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@QualityGeezer Yeah I already thought it was a long shot but it's completely over now. No way both Arsenal and Man City slip up enough.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic