Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 21/22 season.

Posts 81 to 100 of 459

sorteddan

Is it ok that when Alexander-Arnold crosses to Mane to score I do an involuntary air punch?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BearsEatBeets

@Sorteddan I'd consider that to be encouraged. I did similar when Salah scored only for it to be ruled offside.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

I’m confused as to how people can afford Bruno and Salah, I feel like I have a middling team but with no money left 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@LiamCroft And Trent AND Dias in defence! I'm well jel!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett To be fair I had to swap Bamford for a super cheap Spurs striker who will probably never play, plus his 0.1 price rise was enough to make me have to make 3 changes instead of 2.
@JRJ3 How cheap must the rest of your team be? Those 3 are more than a third of your budget.

BearsEatBeets

JRJ3

@BearsEatBeets pretty cheap yeh ahaha. x2 4 mill defenders and x1 4.5 midfielder. The two 4 mill defenders though are great value atm.

If Toney doesn’t start producing returns then I will have to sacrifice one of my premiums to restructure my front line.

JRJ3

PSN: x-JRJ3-x

nessisonett

There’s a few of us really quite close at the bottom now but I’ve still got a couple of Leicester players left though and 2 Traoré points coming off the bench so hopefully will leapfrog tomorrow. I guess I’ll have to get rid of Zouma this week, he’s just not playing at all despite being a genuinely good player.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett When did Zouma become a good player? 🤣

I think he dropped a few clangers last season when Tuchel first came in and has hardly had a look in since.

I've had an awful weekend points wise but I do have Antonio and Barnes playing tomorrow with Bowen to come on from the bench also. I've got Creswell as 2nd sub but he won't come on unless the former players don't play.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I think that bottom spot is mine this week. I've only got Barnes and Coufal to play and they can't both have really good games. Oh yes and with Chilwell not playing I still have Tierney and his bumper point to sub in.
I joked about using my wildcard earlier but I just might for next weekend.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder There was a whole period last season where Zouma earned me over 80 points in the space of a few weeks! I feel loyal to him 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I know what you mean, I had stones and rudiger (I always think of that Simpsons episode when I see that name lol) who did well for me in the latter part of last season, so put em in this season. Only Rudiger seems to be playing at the mo though.

nessisonett

nessisonett wrote:

There’s a few of us really quite close at the bottom now but I’ve still got a couple of Leicester players left though and 2 Traoré points coming off the bench so hopefully will leapfrog tomorrow.

Untitled

sorteddan

Well I for one am just pleased I'm not cut adrift at the bottom! Yet. Moving towards midtable mediocrity will do me just fine. Not sure how long I can keep faith with Raul Jimenez, surely he's gonna hit the goals soon?!

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

Antonio is quickly becoming my get of jail card. Shame I didn't make him captain as I had my doubts Salah would do much against Burnley.

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
Antonio is one of those players I just can't accept is any good despite all evidence to the contrary. I think it stems from when he was playing right wing for Forest I think. Saw his lack of skill, every ball bouncing off him and thought he'd never make it. So I still think of him in that way, even though he's now becoming Hammers legend and main man and always seeing him scoring goals on MoTD

JohnnyShoulder

@Sorteddan My mate back in the day refused to put Ashely Cole during his Chelsea days in his team as he is a Gooner. More fool him I say as he was consistently one of the best scoring defenders.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

I'm accustomed to a slow start even after doing it for a long time but really stumbling out of the blocks this season. Good old Danny Ings is my only reliable player so far.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic