Forums

Topic: The 'Abandoned' Kojima Silent Hills game

Posts 141 to 147 of 147

Fight_Teza_Fight

How did I miss this? HK just BS’d his way through an hour long interview.
5min in & him talking about how he got started in game dev & the jig is up.

Literally an actor or a scam artist, but I’m pretty much convinced it’s a Kojima thing.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Milktastrophe

Here's the latest writeup on the Abandoned scam.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/blue-box-dev-behind-ps5s-ab...

Notable points are how the game has pivoted from being the next Silent Hill (it's not), to the next Metal Gear Solid (it's not), to the next Resident Evil (it's not), back to the next Silent Hill (it's still not). Whatever people are excited for to get people to keep talking about the game and attract investors.

Also how he tried to do a delivery scam on one of his devoted followers, saying that he'd have Sony ship the US version of the game's discs to his follower's house who would then inexplicably ship them to the Netherlands.

Milktastrophe

nessisonett

@Milktastrophe I’m really impressed by Gamespot’s investigation for this article. A lot of sites have covered this game but they’ve gotten to the bottom of it after all this time.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

I will be shocked if a game actually materials out of this. Hopefully everyone will soon forget about it and no more money and people's time is wasted on this hoax.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Sony need to be held accountable for promoting this garbage fire. It’s one thing for this to spread online but they showcased it on the PS Blog.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

He sounds like he's become a leader of a fairly unsuccessful cult.

See ya!

InsaneWade

@nessisonett I'd agree with you if say the Abandonned App was something we had to pay for. But thankfully it's free and we didn't pay anything for it. Essentially, they just wasted our time and hopes with seeing this project through.

InsaneWade

Sorry, this topic has been locked.