Forums

Topic: PlayStation Wrap Up 2021

Posts 41 to 59 of 59

Th3solution

@Jimmer-jammer I’m a little surprised by yours. In the back of my mind I’ve felt that there was often a fair amount of commonality between our game history, probably mostly because you typically have great insight about the games I’m playing. But I didn’t expect 90 hours of Cyberpunk last year! I don’t remember you talking much about it. I might have missed it though. Apparently you liked it? Do you think it was unfairly criticized?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

Mine finally worked also, so I have my numbers. Probably mostly accurate and no real surprises. I’m not in the same league as most you are; I’m pretty jealous.

519 total hours, 55% on PS5 games
0 hours online (sure am glad I’m paying all that money for PS+… 😒)
Played 16 games
509 trophies, 7 platinums

Persona 5 - 89 hrs (and that’s just the last half of the game that I played this year!)
Returnal - 88 hrs (and still no platinum!)
Control Ultimate Edition - 66 hrs
Final Fantasy 7 Remake - 65 hrs
God of War - 52 hrs

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

Here's mine:

1421 hours of play time with 91% on PS5 games.
It says 232 hours online but I'm pretty sure that can't be right (see top games).

Top games:
Gulity Gear Strive - 331 hours (mostly online)
Mortal Kombat 11 - 303 hours (I imagine half of this was online at least)
Immortals Fenyx Rising - 117 hours (got 100% on the game and all DLC)
Tales Of Arise - 80 hours
Scarlet Nexus - 67 hours

856 trophies with 13 platinums

Voltan

Anti-Matter

How did you get the detail number of gameplay log ?

Anti-Matter

Th3solution

@Voltan That’s a lot of Immortals: Fenyx Rising. I have that in the backlog for a rainy day. HLTB has it as a 40-60 hour playtime, even for completionist playthrough. The DLC is really long, but going well over 100 hours still seems like a lot. Especially for someone who beat Returnal in like what was it, 20 hours? 😅 Does Immortals have a good open world to just wander around in? Your playtime has me curious to move it further up the backlog.

Th3solution

@SoulChimera I’m impressed that despite you and I having roughly the same number of hours, yet you earned almost 4 times as many platinums as I did! Nice! 25 plats over 550 hours is a really high power ratio. 😄

Voltan

@Th3solution The DLC basically doubles the time if you're going the completionist route. It's a very good Season Pass IMO.
It probably counted the time spent in menus and stuff though.

edit: The open world is densely packed with puzzles/challenges, resources etc. There's not a lot of just roaming around and taking in the views.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

render

@Th3solution Your trophy count is a bit like mine where you've been pretty much earning one trophy per hour spent gaming. Pretty impressive!!

@Voltan With those hours on Guilty Gear and Mortal Kombat it's a wonder you've got much time for anything else 😀

render

RogerRoger

Yeah, these stats are nonsense. Apparently I only played five games in 2021...?!

That obvious error aside, here's what I got.

270 hrs. on PS5
252 hrs. on PS4
522 hrs. total (all local, no online; again, that's nonsense, as I've played entire evenings of online multiplayer with several fine folks from this very community)

150 hrs. on Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (PS4)
65 hrs. on Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut (PS5)
63 hrs. on Marvel's Spider-Man: GOTY Edition (PS4) (should be the PS5 remaster, but hey)
47 hrs. on Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4)
42 hrs. on Hitman III (PS5)

715 bronze trophies
203 silver trophies
92 gold trophies
15 platinum trophies
1,025 trophies total

And I added a grand total of one PS Plus game to my Library. Can't even remember which one it was.

It's all very weird, because those trophy stats would seem to take into account a bunch of PS3 games I played and platinumed this year, and yet PS3 games (very obviously) aren't tracked, either by the Wrap-Up or on our PS5 profile pages. It also seems to get confused by different intergenerational versions of the same game, and ignores some games entirely. How bizarre!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@render To be clear - I stopped playing MK when GG came out so those are 1st and 2nd half of the year respectively

Voltan

nitram2k11

Total hours: 1,245
736 hours on PS5 titles
509 hours on PS4 Titles
988 Hours Played Locally

355 Total Days Played
Played 176 games

Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition 269 HOURS
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 96 HOURS
Demon's Souls 89 HOURS
Bloodborne 46 HOURS
F1 2021 44 HOURS

1,030 new trophies
6 Platinums
77 Golds
162 Silvers
785 Bronzes

nitram2k11

PSN: nitram2k11

Th3solution

@render Yeah, I think it was bolstered a lot by Astrobot, Ratchet & Clank, and Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight which each have about 40 trophies but the total playtime for each game is around 15 hours. So getting 2-3 trophies per hour for those evens out the 1 trophy per 5 hours on games like Persona 5 😛

Edited on by Th3solution

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Adding to the math I was crunching to my own stats — yours would suggest about 2 trophies per hour! 😄 Certainly the PS3 games have messed up the stats.

SoulChimera

@Th3solution Pretty bad ratio actually. I played 118 games, you played 16. Haha. Plus 10 of them were simple arcade games. Haha.

SoulChimera

Voltan

Oh, btw: I claimed 101% of the PS Plus games and that's not even the biggest number I've seen shared

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Numbers were never my strong suit, so I'm grateful for the help! That's quite the statistic, and betrays quite the anomaly, yes. I wonder what my 2022 wrap-up will look like, given that I've been spending so much time (and earning a not-insignificant amount of trophies) on my PS Vita this past month! There's another legacy console to chuck into the mix and skew the results with!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore It kind of fell off the radar but I really like Biomutant. Analyzing all of its parts individually, it doesn’t do anything particularly well. The combat is a little weird feeling (but fun). The narrative is a mess and delivered in an incredibly awkward and clunky manner…but there is something special in the way everything comes together. Exploration is where the game absolutely shines, with a beautiful world full of all kinds of activities and things to discover and a solid and addicting gameplay loop of exploring, looting and crafting. It’s massive. Sometimes it’s nice to just disappear into a strange world and explore, driven by nothing but my own curiosity. No native PS5 version but it runs beautifully in backwards compatibility. Congrats on the impressive number of plats, by the way! I managed to scrounge up 5.

@Th3solution I’m one of the weird ones that loves Cyberpunk. I probably put another 60 hours into it last year 😬 I really hope the PS5 version irons out the issues folks were having as there is an excellent game there. I think the out of control ‘hype’ (fuelled in no small part by CDPR) destroyed this game’s chances at being critiqued at any realistic level. Of course, it’s perfectly reasonable to dislike the game, but I do feel any critical discourse around it has been poisoned, so here’s hoping for a fresh start with the re-release! That’s a great list of games there, though I’ve yet to try Persona 5 and as right now, don’t think I ever will. It’s just too long for something I’m merely curious about.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer yeah I did quite fancy it regardless of the average reviews. My plan was to wait for a PS5 version (which I’m sure they intimidated was coming) as with your most played game of 2021… but there’s been no sign of it. Maybe I’ll just pick the PS4 version up if I see it going cheap. Deffo gonna wait for the PS5 version of Cyberpunk 2077 though.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore they definitely did give that impression. I think at this point it’s worth picking up the PS4 version on the cheap. It really is beautiful on PS5. As for Cyberpunk, you’ve got the right plan there 😂

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.