Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 4,206

mookysam

Hopefully sooner than 2030 @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy. 😂 2029, maybe. I was considering waiting for the rumoured Crossbell localisation before starting Cold Steel as those games seem to tie into Cold Steel 3 and 4 more, but that could still be a quite a long wait! This is the problem with piecemeal localisations being all over the place.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@Arugula Stellaris is complicated enough with a mouse. Legitimately don’t get how a console version would be viable. It’s not my favourite Paradox game, EU4 takes that crown, but it’s a solid mash-up of grand strategy and 4X.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

icecube

@RogerRoger ethernet cable secured a solid 17mb connection compared to the fluctuating 5-12mb I was getting prior. Only got dropped from R&C A Crack in Time once last night! So a HUGE improvement. I'd recommend to anyone reading this to connect their PS directly to their router via ethernet NOW if you're running a wireless connection. The difference is game changing.

I ended up buying TR: Definitive on Amazon last night. Will get that in the post today. Now I'm just debating what to do first as there's no way I can play 2 games at once. I'm playing R&C now in preparation for Rift and i only realised a week or so ago I've never played Nexus. So I'm looking forward to that. But the TR games are calling me. Especially with rumours Shadow will be taken off PS Now soon.
If I download Shadow from PS Now will is still work when it's removed?

Guess I'll finish Crack on Time, then play the TR games. Then go back to Nexus.

icecube

JohnnyShoulder

@icecube No, games will not work once they are taken off PS NOW, even if you have downloaded them. I think they will still show on your home screen but will have a padlock next to them, and you will most likely have to purchase it from the store, or buy it on disk to carry on playing.

You can check when each game is leaving the service by opening the PS Now app and clicking on the game. They are quite clear how long a game is on the service for when it is first announced.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

icecube

@Arugula

@RogerRoger

@LN78

Quick question...

I've got 56 days to complete all 3 TR games in order before Shadow goes off PS Now. I'm most interested in Rise and Shadow but got Definitive in the post today. Looking at the trophies, there doesn't seem to be multiple stacked trophies for completing the game on Easy, Normal, Hard etc. Just in case the online mode has enough people to get the Plat, is it possible to get the plat with one main story play through on Easy? Just want to power through this as much as possible but would still aim for the plat if it's in easy enough grasp.

Turns out this wasn't a quick question...

icecube

RogerRoger

@icecube According to a popular trophy guide website I frequently check (link below) the answer is yes, you can play through the story on any difficulty and get all of the single player trophies in one go. Beware of spoilers if clicking this link, but it has a comprehensive strategy for getting everything, as well as listing the missable trophies that'd require you to start over.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/tomb-raider-definiti...

Given how time-sensitive Shadow has become for you now, I'd recommend blasting through the campaigns of all three, and then coming back to your physical copy of Definitive Edition to see if anybody's still playing the multiplayer (and Rise, for its co-op trophies and other, non-essential gameplay modes, like the survival stuff, Cold Darkness Awakened and Blood Ties).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

icecube

Cheers guys! Knowing me I won't return to a game after I've moved on though!

icecube

RogerRoger

@icecube Well, then all I can say is, the very best of luck! You've got a lot of gaming to get done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

I picked up Sakura Wars while it was on sale. I don't know a lot about it, but I'm hoping for something similar to Tokyo Xanadu eX+. I really liked how that game mixed the social aspect of the Trails of Cold Steel games with dungeon exploration and realtime combat.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

carlos82

Just bought F1 2020 Schumacher Edition, which turns out that you can play it today, so I did. The new my team mode is where I've started, put the difficulty up with a few assists and qualified seventh in Australia. Got an amazing start into third and followed Albon until I flew off the road with worn tyres, luckily just before the pit lane, after all the stops I was back in third and chased him down but had to turn my fuel mix down, still passed him into turn 3 on the last lap but a small mistake let him by and I came home in third.

It was one of the most exciting races I've had on a game for a long time and a great first impression, now to earn some money to improve the car as I feel I may struggle on some circuits

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

nessisonett

@carlos82 Sounds great, really looking forward to getting my hands on it sometime soon. Do you play with full damage? Last time round on Monaco, I almost made it all the way round until Hamilton clipped me and I flew into a wall and my front wheels fell off. Race over!

carlos82

@nessisonett he must have mistaken you for Albon 😆

I always full damage and so far I've seen how fragile the front wings are, with noticable understeer with even slight damage and tyre wear is very noticable, I even had my ers system fail multiple times reducing my power. Amazing game so far

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

nessisonett

@carlos82 The front wings have always been a problem for me, I’m not particularly good and the slightest bump in 19 made the understeer really noticeable. Never had my ERS fail though, that’s pretty cool if annoying!

carlos82

@nessisonett I'm guessing its been added for my team, early on as your starting it seems like parts have high failure rates because your poor 😆

I really want to buy a wheel now

Edited on by carlos82

mookysam

Just bought Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 and am really excited to start it later. It was £1.50 cheaper than on the Switch for some reason.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@mookysam Nice. I'll be preordering the Switch physical whenever it goes live, and, like the first one, I'll play it with my M30 controller.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I played the first one on my 3DS but I just can’t bring myself to get the Switch version because I really need a controller with a D-Pad. I use the Cube controller for every game that doesn’t use L but I still don’t have anything that has a nice D-Pad, which makes games like Hollow Knight really hard to play with the crap joy-con stick.

Ralizah

@nessisonett That's why I use the M30! It has possibly the best D-Pad I've ever used.

For handheld, while it's a bit pricey when it's not on sale, I've really taken to the Split Pad Pro, which also has a really decent D-Pad for 2D games. The Switch Lite's D-Pad is also pretty good.

I kind of forgot the first one had released on 3DS. It seems like a good fit for the system, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic