Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 2,752

JohnnyShoulder

Cheers! I don't have an Argos near me anymore @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, and I don't they deliver for smaller items such as that. Plus they charge you for p & p I believe. CEX is a good shout as I've got a bunch of credit I can use if/when I fancy it.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I’ll try not to belabor NieR Automata too much, but I will say that one of the greatest things about the game is the discussion that it generates and most people who play it just love discussing it. So forgive me for being a little exuberant in commenting about the game. The NieR Automata thread has some very fun and interesting discussion, so when you get around to playing it, I would encourage you to start posting thoughts and impressions there. Be careful not to read the thread yet though, since like @Ralizah says it’s one of those games that is most impactful when you’re going in blind. Nevertheless, as you come upon aspects of the game and experiences with it, you will probably feel the need to bounce ideas or questions off the community, and I’m sure you’ll get a lot of feedback from those of us that are passionate about the game. I remember finding it helpful and fun to have those discussions while I played and after I finished it. Most good games generate intense discussion, but this one even more so. As they say, your mileage may vary, of course, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

FullbringIchigo

i got the Yakuza Remastered Collection recently although i have yet to start it as i want to finish Kiwami 2 first

i really need to work on my backlog

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo With Yakuza alone you probably have in excess of 300 hours of gaming backlog. And that’s if you don’t spend much time at the batting cages and arcade. 😜. But don’t worry — if you ignore any need for sleeping, eating, toileting, and all outside social contact, then I figure you can finish the series in about 11 days. That is, until Like a Dragon comes out.

Edited on by Th3solution

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution if i buckle down and just play the Yakuza games i can get them done BUT FFVII Remake is out next month and that will be my focus when it drops

but i should be able to at least get some of them done before then

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo Oh yeah, for sure. I jest when I say to even try to play them back-to-back. I think if someone tried to play Yakuza 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 all in a row then they’d need a padded room by the end. I say this not having played any of them after Zero, but I understand they are all pretty similar in their execution. At least if someone were to try to play all the Final Fantasy’s back-to-back then they all are different in their storyline, characters, combat, and setting.

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution i did that with FF once, it took ages

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo FF7 Remake is out in April, you've got a bit more time.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

SoulsBourne128

Just bought Hypercharged unboxed for the switch and I'm having a blast. Had more fun with it than with any grounded gritty shooter.

SoulsBourne128

Thrillho

@FullbringIchigo I think I picked up 6 in a sale before the 3-5 collection was even announced so I was pretty glad when they announced them! I need at least a month or two between each game though (especially when each game then takes me a month to complete).

Thrillho

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Your passion for Nier Automata is totally fine @Th3solution don't worry about it! (And I'll be sure to check out the thread in good time!)

I did end up playing a bit this evening and so far I'm liking it. I was pretty bad at the beginning but I've got the hang of it now thankfully!

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Ya don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all ya need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis Persona 3

PSN:GoddessFoxy-E

》My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel《

Ralizah

I like NieR's combat. It's fast and thrilling, but not nearly as technical as it is in a lot of their other games, and the scoring element that aggravates me to no end in most of their games is pretty understated here.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah I never really like the combat in any Platinum game and hate games that score you. People say you can ignore it, but I find that difficult to do when it plastered all over the screen.

KratosMD

@Jaz007 @Octane So I went out and bought Spyro: Reignited Trilogy last week for €35 and I managed to snag a copy where it said "2019" on. Put the disc in and just like with Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, the system copied over a roughly 10 GB patch from the disc and then the game was ready to go. No online connection required, all games were on the disc from the start! So I can confirm that the "2019" version of this collection is the best one to get and now is finally the time to buy it if you've been waiting on a "complete" edition.

Really excited to finally play through the Spyro games. I've never played them before and I remember playing through the Crash N-Sane games and absolutely loving them, so I hope it will be the same with Spyro!

KratosMD

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD Good score! Interesting to know that there was another print run.

In a similar vein, I ordered Sudden Strike 4 Complete (I missed the delivery so have to go and collect it at some point), but that apparently has all of the dlc on disc too.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KratosMD

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah I was quite surprised to see that Activision was quiet about this. There haven't been any word about another print run and they didn't even bother updating the cover as it still says "Requires content download", which it doesn't. But I'm at least glad that they bothered to come out with an updated version of the physical release.

KratosMD

Octane

@KratosMD Good to hear!

But it kinda confirms what I was thinking. I remember people saying back in the day that three games were too big to fit on a single disc. I always thought it was kinda BS, but if it was too big, they should've put in on 2 discs instead. But this confirms that the games were rushed. The first game was done and printed, and they worked to get the other two games done in time. They didn't make it, hence it was delayed like a few weeks before release. At the point when it should've gone gold already, and apparently it did, with only the first one on disc. 2 and 3 were completed later and released as a patch.

Octane

KratosMD

@Octane Yeah it's just too bad that they couldn't have delayed the release because there are so many incomplete copies of this collection out there right now. Imagine in 10 years time when the servers for PS4 get shut down and you want to buy a copy of the trilogy. It'll be a nightmare trying to find one that has all the games on disc because there are potentially millions of copies that only have one game on the disc. That's why I figured I might as well just get one right now while they are still selling new copies in stores.

KratosMD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic