Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 4,199

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah @nessisonett Bunch of nerds!

He says, posting on a video game forum! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Wavey84 TMNT literally blows them out of the water with one underwater section. Now that is just plain mean 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel for PS4

I've finally found a physical copy of this. For a rather decently priced £21 from Base.com (I've never used them before but I've seen them mentioned a few times in a positive manner).

Now to play the waiting game...

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I assume you aren’t going to play through the earlier games in the series then? I really wouldn’t blame you, I’ve been trying to catch up for almost a year 😂😂

HallowMoonshadow

There's... 6 other titles in this multiconnected series before the Cold Steel games @nessisonett?

I commend them on the world building but I can't commit to the jrpg equivalent of the MCU on sterioids.

Not to mention don't I have to own a PSP/Vita or something to play some the others as well? That's that out the window and I do not get on well with PC gaming (if they're there as well) so that's a bust too 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@KratosMD I definitely feel like I’m more prepared for it due to the set-up in the 3rd. I kinda feel like it’s a shame that some of the plot twists are spoiled in that arc when they’re great in the original game, like Olivier’s true identity.

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It really has taken me a long long time! The Sky games are on PSP/Vita and PC but I’ve been importing the remasters and patching a translation due to the extra content and redone art which I personally prefer. You’ll be fine starting with Cold Steel so I’ll probably catch up with you in... about 6 or 7 months at this rate 😂

nessisonett

@KratosMD In my humble opinion, Sky SC is the best JRPG on the Vita, even better than Persona 4 Golden. It’s definitely aged well and the Evolution version is extra good, despite the somewhat difficulty in getting hold of it and patching it.

HallowMoonshadow

It was... whenever Trails of Cold Steel 3 came out @KratosMD that I started properly looking for a copy of the first Cold Steel title. Bloody sold out though for absolutely ages.

The first review I saw on here though after officially joining up was in fact for the remaster of the first title (Though I was somewhat aware of the series before). I asked Rob about what the soundtrack was like if I recall correctly

Hopefully I'll enjoy it!

Lol I'll see you then @nessisonett! :')

mookysam

@Ralizah Really looking forward to Circle of the Moon 2. The first one is an absolutely wonderful little game, and I think I may have preferred it to its big sibling. Is 2 released on the 10th?

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, Base are excellent. They're my preferred website for buying physical games as they're usually cheaper than Amazon or ShopTo and deliver quickly. Enjoy Cold Steel, anyhoo. So far I've only played the first two Sky games, but if the world building and attention to detail is anything like them you're in for a treat! I did get Trails in the Sky the 3rd in the current Steam sale, although actually lack the means to play it at the moment. 😂

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@mookysam It's scheduled to release on the 10th.

And yeah, I'm with you. Even if it was intended to be side game, Curse of the Moon is absolutely my favorite Bloodstained game.

I'm a little disappointed that Curse of the Moon 2 isn't in a 16-bit style, but the first one was so good that I can hardly complain about getting more of the same.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I keep wobbling on whether to try the Cold Steel games or not. I definitely want to give the franchise another shot. I feel like I should play Trails in the Sky SC, since I played First Chapter, but that game bored me out of my mind, so I dunno.

I feel like I'll be more likely to get it if I can ever find the Vita version for a decent price. I don't know why those games don't go on sale on PSN more often. Might as well milk the little money there is left to be made from Vita games.

If you end up getting to it before I do, I'll look forward to your breakdown of the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

mookysam wrote:

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, Base are excellent. They're my preferred website for buying physical games as they're usually cheaper than Amazon or ShopTo and deliver quickly.

Thanks for the reassurance about Base @mookysam!

The Game Collection are rather good whom I usually use with a similar cheaper price point and quick delivery. It's where I've had all my recent purchases from in fact (barring this of course)

mookysam wrote:

Enjoy Cold Steel, anyhoo. So far I've only played the first two Sky games, but if the world building and attention to detail is anything like them you're in for a treat! I did get Trails in the Sky the 3rd in the current Steam sale, although actually lack the means to play it at the moment. 😂

Ahh so like Ness it'll be 2030 by the time you get around to Cold Steel huh? 😂

I hope you get to play and enjoy Trails in the sky 3 soon!

Ralizah wrote:

I keep wobbling on whether to try the Cold Steel games or not. I definitely want to give the franchise another shot. I feel like I should play Trails in the Sky SC, since I played First Chapter, but that game bored me out of my mind, so I dunno.

I'm... cautiously optimistic @Ralizah about Cold Steel.

Watched the first twenty/thirty minutes or so of gameplay of the first and did try the demo of the third (Skipping all the cutscenes so I didn't spoil anything)

Mechanically it seems to be solid at the very least. The characters seemed fine from what I saw too.

Least going physical I can always sell it if I don't get along with it.

Seeing as I only just (re)started Wild ARMs 3 (and only got out the prologue) I'll probably put that down and play Cold Steel (when it eventually arrives) alongside Bloodstained.

I'll give you a tag in any future Cold Steel impressions posts if ya like

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, if you don't mind. It'll be interesting to hear your experience with the game.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

icecube

I'm going to play Rise of the Tomb Raider now that it'll be on PS+ next week and Shadow OTTR after that.
Question: do I NEED to play the definitive Tomb Raider before these? I played the PS1 games to death but nothing after that.

icecube

icecube

@LN78 hmm, maybe I'll pick it up before I play the others then. Cheers!

icecube

icecube

@LN78 great tip! Thank you! I'm on a Platinum mission recently since I've had more time to play so it would've been very annoying if I completed it but couldn't get the Plat.

icecube

RogerRoger

@icecube If you're determined to platinum Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition then also speak to every single NPC you can, by pressing triangle beside characters who have speech bubbles over their heads, as this is another missable trophy that'd require you to play the whole game again.

That being said, Definitive Edition is the only game in the reboot trilogy to have a multiplayer mode and associated trophies, and I'm not certain as to their attainability, given that I sincerely doubt anybody's still playing it online. As a huge Tomb Raider fan, I'd argue that Definitive Edition is the easiest of the trilogy to skip, but it's still a cracking campaign, a good introduction to the tone and style of the reboots, and well worth your time. If the platinum is a dealbreaker, though, then starting with Rise won't kill you.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

icecube

@RogerRoger another great tip, thank you! I hate multiplayer trophies at the best of times. I like single player adventures, I spend very little time online. Mostly because I'm crap and don't want to be embarrassed!! Or my internet connection is crap (ethernet cable being delivered today to see if that makes a difference).

Plat isn't the make or break though, it's a nice to have. I think I've doubled my collection in the last 2 months just by getting 4 plats. So def a flavour of the moment more than an obsession.

Edited on by icecube

icecube

RogerRoger

@icecube Yeah, I'm the same. It takes a very special game or franchise to get me online. The good news is that both Rise and Shadow have attainable platinums (there is an online co-op element to Rise which has a few trophies attached to it, but I'd imagine there'll be plenty of new players looking to buddy up, thanks to PS Plus, and it's different when you're working with, rather than against, others).

Here's hoping that ethernet cable does the trick, and enjoy your time with the trilogy! I reckon they're superb adventures, so be sure to let us know what you make of them!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic