Forums

Topic: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Posts 221 to 240 of 242

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Clearly you've never seen me play a Mario game.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RR529

I don't really come by this part of the forum that much, but I want to say I think I'm closing in on the end of this.

I'm at the Inquisitor fortress and saved right outside of the highlighted room.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Thrillho

@RR529 You are indeed and it’s an excellent bit of game to come!

Did you explore the Venator wreckage on Zeffo? It’s quite easy to miss. And good luck of you decide to go for the platinum too.

Thrillho

Zeldafan79

So do you guys think a sequel is definitely coming? I guess they'll call it Sith: risen disorder right? Wink Wink! Get it? No wait! Kals big adventure. No i got it! Fallen order 2: Sith happens.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

RogerRoger

@Zeldafan79

There is a sequel confirmed, yes. According to a recent leak, they're targeting a 2023 release window. I think they're gonna keep the Star Wars Jedi name as the ongoing title, and then just swap out the subtitle each time, so look forward to Star Wars Jedi: Can't Get Back Up Order.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Zeldafan79

@RogerRoger
Cool hope we get a tease or dare i hope full reveal at this years E3. Probably too soon though. I just hope there's maybe more than one playable character and more varied locations. More planets we haven't seen much of in the films would be cool.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

RogerRoger

@Zeldafan79 I think it'll start to be teased next year, with full trailers arriving summer 2023 ahead of a holiday release. It'll be interesting to see where they take a sequel because, I think you're right, I think there's scope to broaden the experience.

I'd just be happy spending more time with Cal and Cere, though. Will be giving the game another run when its forthcoming free PS5 upgrade arrives over the summer.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Have you tried your hand at the PS5 patch yet? I wonder how much better of an experience it is.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@RogerRoger I expected 2022 TBH. Four years is quite a lot of time for a sequel, especially given EA is involved. I hope that means it will be even better than the first one!

Octane

colonelkilgore

@Octane even though I do tend to have extremely little faith in EA, I’d like to think a SWJFO sequel would improve on the original a lot (like in an Uncharted to Uncharted 2 kinda way). It was almost as if the original was merely a piece of lip-service from EA to the fan-base to say ‘okay look, here’s your blimmin’ single-player Star Wars game, buy it and prove us wrong!’

Now they have been proven wrong, that ‘proof of concept’ could/should be expanded upon in all kindsa ways imho.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Th3solution It's not out yet, alas. They've promised "summer" so I'm hoping it'll drop around my birthday, because I'll be jumping on it ASAP and will post some impressions shortly thereafter.

@Octane Yeah, I'd have probably guessed 2022 before now, as well. I think I read somewhere that, because they had such a successful 2019 thanks to this game and Apex Legends, Respawn have rapidly expanded of late, and aren't just working on the sequel, but on numerous projects, both original and licenced. I also think that @colonelkilgore makes a good point, and that there'll be the drive to make a "full" Star Wars single player game this time around, as well as appropriate financial backing from sceptical suits. I'm (cautiously, of course) expecting something much, much bigger from them.

There was also a strong rumour going around that they wanted to do some DLC for the first game, because of its popularity, and that it got worked on for a while before EA turned around and said "Don't bother with that, start on the sequel proper." So that might've wasted six months.

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Finished it up last night & it was great!

I hope that if they do expand upon it with the sequel that they don't bloat it to have a 40 - 60 hour story mode just for the sake of it, or force it to be open world (I like the focus somewhat more linear design brings).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Ah, not sure why I thought it was already out. Maybe the length of time alludes to a substantial upgrade. If so, I might jump back in for the platinum.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution Even without a patch it ran much smoother for me. After briefly playing it before the death of my initial PS5, it was quite jarring going back to the PS4.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore It completely bricked the day after getting it. It just turned itself off and that was that.

To be fair to Sony, after speaking to them on the phone I got it sent back to them and had my new/fixed console a week and a half later.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho ahh not too bad an experience then... still, I would’ve been a bit disappointed at the time.

**** DLC!

Octane

@RR529 Yeah, length-wise it was perfect. I went back and completed everything, and it was just the perfect amount of gameplay. It didn't overstay its welcome.

I only wished we could explore more of that prison planet. That whole section came out of nowhere and kinda went away after that, except for those optional ''boss'' fights. It felt like they wanted to do more with it, but was cut due to time constraint or something like that.

Octane

Voltan

@Th3solution @Thrillho @RogerRoger There was a performance patch for the PS4 version in January, I believe. A native PS5 version was announced for "this summer" but some rumoured dates are starting to surface now. Some Scandinavian retailers had it listed with a June 11 release date. Another Brazilian one had June 26.

Voltan

nessisonett

I might replay this at some point. I loved it, even got the platinum but the technical issues did get in the way at times. Would be nice to play it while it ran a bit better.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.