Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 641 to 660 of 700

LtSarge

Previous backlog:
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch) - Not finished
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS5) - Not finished
Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo (Switch) - Not finished

Previous upcoming purchases:
Final Fantasy XVI (PS5) - Bought and finished
Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE (Switch) - Bought
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (PS5) - Bought
Loop8: Summer of Gods (Switch) - Not bought

Current backlog:
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Series X)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Wii U)

Upcoming purchases:
Atlas Fallen (PS5)
Anonymous;Code (Switch)
The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails (Switch)

Did not finish any of the games from my previous backlog considering I became so occupied by Final Fantasy XVI when it came out last month. Then I decided to put them on hold and focus on other backlog games. But I at least managed to buy most of my previous upcoming purchases, except Loop8 which did not sound like a fun experience at all and so I didn't get it.

I want to start playing at most two games at a time since it gets much harder for me when I play three games. Two are more manageable while still giving me a fair amount of variety. And in this case, Prince of Persia as well as Fire Emblem are completely different games, which is perfect for me. Really enjoying both titles!

I want to focus on releases in the next two months and then make an update in September in preparation for the large amount of releases in October and November. I won't include titles like Starfield because I'll just play them on Game Pass, so they're not technically purchases. Anyway, I'm fairly excited for Atlas Fallen in a couple of weeks. It seems like it will be a cool and unique experience. I'm not completely sold on it though so I'll keep my eyes out on reviews and hopefully even a demo. In terms of Anonymous;Code, I've honestly not heard many talk about it. I'm not even sure if it's even coming out lol. Either way, I'm a huge fan of Steins;Gate and Science Adventure, so I definitely want to play it on launch. Finally, I can't skip out on a Falcom release and so I'm absolutely getting The Legend of Nayuta when it comes out.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Previous backlog:
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Series X) - Finished
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Wii U) - Finished

Previous upcoming purchases:
Atlas Fallen (PS5) - Not bought
Anonymous;Code (Switch) - Bought
The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails (Switch) - Bought

Current backlog:
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ (PS4)
Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain (PS4)
Onrush (PS4)

Upcoming purchases:
Assassin's Creed: Mirage (PS5)
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (PS5)
Super Mario RPG (Switch)

Managed to check off my entire previous backlog, which is great! In fact, I think I've done a good job of cleaning out a fair amount from my backlog in general this summer. I've been mostly playing lengthy titles, which is why I haven't played too many games. This is apparent as I'm currently playing Tokyo Xanadu, which I'm 40 hours in and still quite a ways from the end. But in order to keep my motivation up, I'm also playing Onrush and EDF from time to time for some much needed variety. I'm really enjoying all three games!

As for purchases, I've bought almost all games I wanted to get. I decided not to get Atlas Fallen because it didn't feel like a must-play day one. The others I got just so I could secure a copy since they will probably be hard to find here otherwise.

Then we have the upcoming purchases, of which there are a lot of throughout the coming months! I think the games are spread out quite nicely, except for Super Mario Bros and Spider-Man 2 as they're coming out the same day. I might opt out on getting SMB in case I don't have enough time to play both of them since I'm more excited for Spider-Man. But with multiple weeks in between most of these releases, I should be able to get through each title before the next one comes out. I'm also confident that I'll finish Tokyo Xanadu, Onrush and EDF before Assassin's Creed comes out in three weeks.

LtSarge

Black_Swordsman

Current backlog:

Alan Wake II
Nioh Complete Edition
Lords of the Fallen (2023)
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Jedi Survivor
Witcher 3 Complete Edition

Tagging @Jimmer-jammer as I mentioned I'd post here.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

Also Black Myth Wukong when it finally releases.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Ralizah

Well, I completed Super Mario Bros. Wonder this morning. First time I've fully seen a game through since early May.

I won't hit all my gaming goals this year, but I'd at least like to nab those three platinums. I plan to plat the two games I just bought for PS4 (Maneater and Theatrhythm), so I just need one more from my current list of games.

My current list of potential candidates are:

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  • Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut
  • Gravity Rush Remastered
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition
  • Sakura Wars
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

I'd also like to finish up Master Detective Archives: Rain Code, Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo, and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on the Nintendo Switch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

CJD87

@Ralizah If you need 1 more plat....I would highly recommend Ghost. The DC edition is a genuine pleasure to play through, and the entire game is absolutely immaculate. The trophy requirements aren't obnoxious either, and the 'collectables' trophies only require you to attain a certain % to pop the achievement (as opposed to 100%).
Ghost has a really great narrative, fluid gameplay, and a decent challenge if played on 'lethal' difficulty. The DLC is wild as well... really leans in to the campy horror style of games like ResiVillage, in the best possible way.

I had a great time with Ghost, played it between DeS and Elden Ring, for which it provided a nice reprieve from Souls style games.

Ghost = a very Rich Man's Ubisoft game (and I mean that as a compliment)

CJD87

Ralizah

@CJD87 Whether I go for it this year or next, GoT is def top of my list in terms of PS exclusives I'm interested in playing. My PS4 is getting old, so I think it's time to really explore the variety of titles I own for it before the old girl gives out.

CJD87

@Ralizah It is great.... and quite refreshing to see a relatively 'simple' narrative that is told well. In an industry currently rife with multiversal complications, and franchise-orientated story telling, it is wonderful to just see a classic tale of revenge told excellently.

CJD87

Th3solution

I last posted back in May. I’ve been drifting like a ship without a rudder since then, but here’s my update:

Previously
PS5
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor ☑️ done!
Tchia ☑️ done!

PS4
Tacoma ☑️ done!
Life is Strange 2 ☑️ done!

Planned Purchases —
Final Fantasy XVI ☑️ - purchased!
God of War Ragnarok ➖ nope
Shatter: Remastered ➖ nope

Current
PS5
Disco Elysium
Final Fantasy XVI

PS4
The Walking Dead Final Season

Next planned purchases -
Spider-Man 2
Baldur’s Gate 3

——————

It’s been long enough on GoW Ragnarok that I’m stubbornly going to just wait until it either drops onto PS+ or drops in price below $30 or so.

My PS4 backlog is gradually being replaced by PS5 games. I still have a few games locked on PS4 that I want to go back to, but as time goes on, there’s so many current gen games I want to play that it’s hard to go back.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@Th3solution GoW2018 dropped to $10 before I copped it. With the increased MSRP, I'd say $20 is probably a decent 'ground floor price' to opt for.

Th3solution

@Ralizah I’m not sure if it’s the new generation and its early stock shortages, the recent move toward digital games, or perhaps a conscious effort by Sony to maintain the value of their first party games, but the prices haven’t dropped quickly like they have before for Sony games. This week marks the 1 year anniversary of Ragnarok’s release and yet its price hasn’t really gone down, even for pre-owned.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@Th3solution I've noticed that. It does make me wonder if they're going to adopt more of a 'value conscious' approach to their game pricing going forward. Which would actually be great for early adopters, IMO.

Horizon FW has dipped into the $30 range several times, though, so maybe it's just on a case by case basis.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is just an early gen strategy for certain games, since they know most of the people buying in early on are likely to be enthusiasts.

Edited on by Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Whilst I wouldn't blame anybody for expecting me to chant "Spidey! Spidey! Spidey!" in the wake of your platinum candidate list, I'd actually second @CJD87 and recommend Tsushima. Out of all the more "traditional" PlayStation exclusives available to you, I think it's the one that'd potentially hold the most interest (not counting Gravity Rush, which I seem to recall you've already played on PS Vita...?).

I'm a little late to the party, so you might've made your choice already, in which case apologies for the redundant reply, but the escapism and immersion offered by Tsushima would make it an excellent choice for winter gaming. Whatever you pick, however, best of luck chasing its platinum!

EDIT: Well, that'll teach me to reply before reading all the other topics. Have fun with Gravity Rush...!!

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger LOL! No worries. I plan to keep playing PS4 games into next year. I'm actually hoping to largely process my rather small backlog for the system in 2024. Seeing even dedicated Spidey enthusiasts such as yourself recommending Tsushima is pushing me toward it more in Q1.

Bundersvessel

I lurk in this thread a lot like a proper creep so I thought it was about time I contributed, so here goes…

Current Backlog: (3 months approx)

I’m planning to finish out the year with a new Fallout 4 playthrough so this may amount to nothing.

Far Cry 6 (made a start)
Assassins Creed II
Marvel’s Spider-Man Remaster

Previous: (Summer)

Bioshock: Remastered (completed)
Alan Wake Remastered (completed)
Sackboy: A Big Adventure (completed)
Disco Elysium (completed)

Future Purchases

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
Alan Wake 2

Lots of sequels and remasters in the backlog but I’m getting through them. I’d like to move towards trying some new genres and more Japanese games in 2024, most likely starting with Yakuza. Happy with my gaming year by all accounts 👍

Edited on by Bundersvessel

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

Ralizah

@AgentCooper I've already bought Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Like A Dragon in anticipation of starting to catch up with the series. I also have Yakuza Zero on PS4.

My current goal is to catch up with the series by 2028 (not including spinoffs like Isshin and Judgment).

Bundersvessel

@Ralizah Oh nice, I assume you’ve played Kiwami then? Let me know how you get on 👍

I currently have 1, 2 and Judgment ready to go, might alternate the 3 to avoid fatigue.

My tastes are definitely changing and I’m just trying to flow with it. This will be my focus going forward.

Edited on by Bundersvessel

Ralizah

@AgentCooper Yeah, a year or two ago. I played through half of Yakuza 0 when it first came out, but it's been long enough I'll just start it over.

Bundersvessel

@Ralizah I find myself doing that a lot, it really irks me if I’m struggling to recollect everything and also familiarising myself with the controls and mechanics again all at once. Best of luck with it, i look forward to reading your impressions and likewise I’ll try and post mine though I’m a bit naff at that kind of thing.

Ralizah

@AgentCooper I'm looking forward to playing them. The games I have lined up are considered to be the best entries in the series, so that bodes well!

Definitely excited to talk about them when the time comes.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic