Forums

Topic: Death Stranding OT

Posts 361 to 374 of 374

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Their marketing has been really odd recently. Stuff like they left Concrete Genie out to die, which got very little marketing and then putting out the latest PS5 news on the same day the game got released so that it got drowned out. For a massive corporation they make some really wierd business decisions for some of their products. 🤷‍♂️

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KratosMD

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah I agree. I feel like they thought Death Stranding wouldn't do so well both commercially and critically that they didn't bother marketing it. But then something triggered these infomercials to be made, maybe it was the results of The Game Awards or something. I just can't see a reason for why these were made after release.

KratosMD

MightyDemon82

After a mind blowing 169 hours I have the platinum trophy. I'm going to miss this game, but got a huge backlog that needs seeing to. I really got invested in the world and loved every second of my time with it.

MightyDemon82

0D0

Chapter 6 - Putting 70h so far.
Having fun at the mountains right now. I need to get 5 stars from all those bases up there.

0D0

0D0

@AdamNovice I started planting them. Really useful stuff — and really fun to do. Not always of course: while I was trying to find a spot for a zip line, I was caught by BTs. Tried to scape twice, but I had to beat them. On another occasion, I went to the zip line, but I was caught by BTs right on the spot. When the dark thing shows up, you can't access the zip line, so again I had to fight them.

0D0

Octane

@AdamNovice @0D0 I reached the network capacity halfway through the mountains. Going to wrap up another set of three, and then I'll head back to the rest of the map to gain some more five stars to increase the bandwidth.

Octane

R1spam

Just watched the credits roll (literally, controller down and drank a cup of tea). I really enjoyed bits of the game, like how you can approach situations in multiple ways, soundtrack and graphics) but by god some of the design choices around some of the repetition in lines and bland bt boss fights dont half drag the game down. I can see why it has such a wide spread of reviews! I'd take a point of the game for the approach to the bloody credits the game has!!

R1spam

0D0

I've also beaten the game. It was a great road, but the ending was quite boring. For me the climax was about half the game as new tools were getting added. As soon as I had all the gear and structures, the experience was downhill for me. The last 5 hours of the game I was rushing it.

Marvellous game regardless. Not GOTY material tho.

0D0

Octane

Neat! I just discovered that truck has an indicator on the back that tells you how much space is remaining. I never noticed it.

Octane

Octane

103 hours in. I've just got my last five stars, except for the pizza guy. Going to continue with the next chapter (or whatever Heartman wants me to do) tomorrow. Hope to see some story bits again.

Octane

Octane

So late game question. I'm on episode 12 I think.

I got transported all the way back to Port Knot City, and I had to walk back to Capital Knot. It's always raining. The chiral printer doesn't work. And I have to transport cargo. Managed to get the cargo to Capital Knot, but then a boss fight triggered, the giant whale, it took me a good while to beat him cause it's a big bullet sponge. However, as soon as the fight ended, I got a message saying my cargo was ruined and the mission failed. I can't print any Container Repair Sprays, so what should I do to keep the cargo safe until the very end? I only brought one myself, but apparantly that wasn't enough...

Octane

KratosMD

@Octane I've seen multiple playthroughs where people have skipped the bosses until the final one and managed to avoid unnecessary damage. I myself decided to fight all the bosses along the way and it got my package ruined to about 90% but I still managed to finish the mission. So basically, just run past all of them until you're on the last one and you should be fine.

KratosMD

Octane

@KratosMD Yeah I did. Apparently the issue was that my package was ruined nearly all the way and after the fight Sam was out of stamina, so he tripped, fell, and broke the package. But it turns out that the game saves after the fight, so I didn't have to do the boss fight again fortunately.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic