Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,581 to 1,596 of 1,596

colonelkilgore

Don’t know if it’s just Fallout: New Vegas in general, or if my PS3 is on its last legs but I have never experienced a frame-judder like this. The frame-rate has been down to as low as 1 or 2 frames per minute at times, together with some crazy strobing effect that makes it impossible to work out what is actually happening.

Really hoping it’s just temporary as I’m really enjoying the game and really want to see this through this time.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I’m not sure about PS3, since it’s been so long since I engaged with the console, but I wonder if you might try rebuilding the database / doing a defrag. On PS4 I had a couple instances when the game started uncharacteristically chugging and a database rebuild fixed the issue.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ardath_Biru

Got a fair way into Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Enjoying the combat, story and dialogue are forgettable.

Ardath_Biru

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Sorry I’m late to the reply, but yeah, just like @Bentleyma said there. Let us know if they fixes your issue. They say a database rebuild is good to do every so often, especially if you download and delete games a lot. Not sure about PS3 but PS4 and PS5 typically bake in a database rebuild with the major firmware updates. However, I should warn you (unless it’s too late), it does reset some of the onscreen items, so like on PS4 it sometimes messes up your folders where things drop out of the folder and just go back onto the general space. It does not delete any content though. You won’t lose any saves, applications, or any data at all, it just reorganizes the files for quicker access. I read something that said it’s like just reorganizing your bookshelf so that all the books are back in order, like alphabetical or by genre or whatever.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Yousef-

Devil may cry

Steam Friend Code: 1176431257

RetroAchievements username: Yousef777

Link: https://retroachievements.org/user/Yousef777

Switch friend code: SW-7391-1388-5607

CURRENTLY PLAYING: SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI V

Xbox Gamertag: ForgetMeNot3495

colonelkilgore

Started the next PS3 classic leftover in my backlog today and so far it’s looking like another good time fair play. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - nice range of force abilities, great looking (for the time), as always with Star Wars properties it has that classic score and range of sound effects, decent physics engine… I’m into it.

edit. Yeah so have played a few hours more now and what a great… character action game I guess. I’m still to play things like the Devil May Cry series, or Metal Gear Rising etc. but I reckon its up there with the top games I’ve played in the genre.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I’m glad to see I didn’t oversell it. It having been so long since I played it I wasn’t sure if it would hold up.

It has more over-the-top force powers and more attack action focused than the Jedi Fallen Order/Survivor games, as I recall. In fact, I think it is closer to the combat in Control, if memory serves with regard to Jesse’s telekinetic powers feeling like the environmental force powers of hurtling objects and enemies around.

Edited on by Th3solution

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution nah I think your sales pitch hit the Goldilocks zone just about right to be fair sol… and yeah spot on with your mention of Control too, I was having flashbacks to that all day. The controls aren’t quite as refined as Remedy’s opus but I definitely think they looked at what TFA was doing here and worked to improve upon them.

Man… while I always find it a little bit of a struggle to dust off the next gen 7 antique, I am invariably glad that I did. This PS3 farewell tour is turning out to be an absolute joy!

**** DLC!

oliverp

@colonelkilgore Ah you to have really picked up some good PS3 games. Do have anything left in your PS3 backlog atm or are you more or less done with the console now?

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

oliverp

While it may seem as a controversial opinion I like still think it would be cool if Sony could add some sort PS3 backward comparability to PS5 because even tough there might not be that many PS3 exclusive I think there is no overstatement that there is a few games that that are still only available on PS3. And well for every year that passes I get like more and more unsure about if the PS3 that is in my closet will even boot...

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

colonelkilgore

@oliverp yeah I still have a fair few that should see me through to the end of the year mate. From memory I have the Dead Space trilogy, Star Wars: The Force Awakens 2, The Saboteur, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Remember Me, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Deadly Premonition, Alpha Protocol, Rage and Deus Ex: Human Revolution… I’ve probably missed a couple too tbh.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic