Just in time for the weekend, developer Larian Studios has released Baldur's Gate 3's tenth hotfix, which, in addition to four full patches, is a level of post-launch support we're afraid to become accustomed to for fear of future disappointment.
However, it's smaller in scope than the relatively large Hotfix 9, so perhaps the support spigot has been tentatively tightened. Released on PS5 on 6th September, Baldur's Gate 3 benefitted from a month's worth of patches on PC and was in pretty good shape when it arrived, considering the game's size and scope. In the months since lingering split-screen co-op issues and Lower City performance have been addressed, perhaps there are fewer bugs to quash these days.
The highlights include fixing Astarion going a little off-script in dialogue sequences, and as Larian puts it: "We've also asked Shadowheart to stop getting distracted by the wonderful vistas of the Sword Coast. She should now follow along with the rest of the team."
We hope this means Larian is getting ready to endlessly churn out expansions, raising the level cap from 12 to 20 (as is the cap in D&D 5E) for starters and letting us take our characters on increasingly more dangerous adventures. The developer has said it intends to catch its breath first, and once done with BG3, will revisit Rivellon and develop the sequel to Divinity: Original Sin 2.
Hotfix 10 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed Shadowheart not following the party.
- Fixed the sliders for eye makeup and tattoo intensity not working on controller.
- Fixed a potential crash relating to Vulkan. This solves the DEVICE_LOST error upon minimising the game window.
- Fixed an issue causing a desync between Astarion's voiced lines and subtitles.
- Player characters will no longer be on literal fire in the scene with REDACTED in the crèche.
- Fixed male dwarf barbarians' shoes, which were missing their texture and looked like big blueberries.
- The waypoints menu now opens correctly when triggered from the Character Sheet on controller.
- Fixed items always being picked up as wares after you picked up at least one as a ware.
- Fixed enemies in Ramazith's Tower getting stuck during combat if they are trying to fly from a lower floor to reach players on an upper floor.