Following a very short delay of roughly one day, Patch 3 for Baldur's Gate 3 is available to download now on PS5. And Larian Studios wasn't lying — it really is a massive update (that weighs in at just 8GB, thankfully), making all sorts of adjustments to gameplay systems, balancing, and technical performance.
The patch notes are unsurprisingly gigantic and detailed — to the point where they're too big to paste into this article — so we've gone ahead and cherrypicked the broader changes.
Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 3 Patch Notes
- A Magic Mirror that lets you change your appearance is now available at camp!
- The colours on the PS5 controller will now match elemental damage types more closely.
- Improved performance in the Lower City. More to come!
- Made dye colours more intense and more visible on some armours. This will only affect newly dyed items.
- Level Up will now queue all characters who can be levelled up so you don't have to click on them individually.
- Optimised how the game handles object selection on controller.
- Updated the Character Sheet on controller to place active Conditions above the list of Notable Features.
- Loads of specific crash and bug fixes.
- Made many optimisations to make sure we reach our quality FPS target in most, if not all, regions of the game, stabilising 30 FPS on Quality Mode. We're continuing to work hard at stabilising 60 FPS.
- Made several optimisations when moving around the world on controller.
- Loads of specific combat adjustments.
- Loads of specific gameplay adjustments.
- Loads of quest fixes and reworks.
- Loads of controller optimisations.
- Loads of animation bug fixes.
- Loads of dialogue reworks and adjustments.
- Loads of audio fixes.
You can find the full, unedited patch notes on the official website.
Will you be going back to Baldur's Gate 3 with Patch 3 installed? Gather your party and make some tough choices in the comments section below.