Destruction AllStars might have fallen somewhat flat, but you can't knock Lucid Games for its efforts to improve the game. The studio has been pushing out updates in response to player feedback, and the latest of these has just been released. Update 1.3.1 can be downloaded now on your PlayStation 5, weighing in at just over 600MB.
So, what does this new game update do? A fair bit, actually. The headline addition is a new, limited time playlist: 8v8 Mayhem. In other words, a team-based variant of the game's "main" multiplayer mode. It'll only be there for two weeks, so best make the most of it.
A big new change is being made to weekly challenges. These will now reward players with Destruction Points as well as AllStar Coins. Previously, Destruction Points were only obtainable through microtransactions — with this change, you'll finally be able to earn them through play. The number of AllStar Coins you receive on leveling up has been increased, a bunch of new character skins have been added, and there are all kinds of bug fixes.
Here's the full list of patch notes, as seen on the game's subreddit:
- NEW: Mayhem 8v8 Playlist now available in Multiplayer.
- This featured playlist is available for two weeks.
- Weekly Challenges will now reward Destruction Points alongside AllStar Coins.
- Increased the amount of AllStar Coins players receive upon leveling up.
- Added 9 new AllStar skins to the game.
- Added the first Heroic and Legendary tier skins - a significant uplift compared to previous tiers.
- End game podium for solo game modes has been expanded to include the top three players.
- Added an emote prompt on the end game podium screen.
- Fixed an issue where moving from training to multiplayer affected the audio experience, including announcer voice over.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the camera to become detached from the player.
- Fixed an issue that caused parties to split when queuing at the end of a game.
- This should help mitigate imbalanced teams in multiplayer games.
- Fixed an issue that caused some badges to unlock when achieving the unlock condition of other badges.
- We are still actively investigating reports of Trophies not unlocking alongside badges.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from completing the “Wreck Smoke Commander” Star Objective in Lupita’s Leader of the Pack Challenge Series.
- Fixed Player level number. This should now be correctly reflected across all areas of the UI.
- Fixed several UI issues.
- Improved matchmaking reliability when finding players.
- This should help mitigate instances of players getting stuck in an infinite search.
- Improved HUD messaging relating to player ping.
- Players experiencing high latency for a prolonged time will receive a minor notification in the bottom right of the HUD, near the mini-map.
- Improved matchmaking stability.
Will you be dipping back into Destruction AllStars to check out these changes? Tell us in the comments section below.