Rock of ages
Punching is cool, but what if punching was instigated by musical notes instead? Well, developer Modus Studios liked that idea, and the result is God of Rock, a fighting game that pits rival musicians against one another. Mechanically, God of Rock is solid. While it's a fighting game, the core of the experience relies on note charts a...
Sorry, no God of Rock screenshots yet.
What if Street Fighter was a music rhythm game? And no, we’re not referring to PS Vita deep-cut KickBeat, for those of you screaming into the comments! God of Rock is inspired by traditional 2D fighters, but its combat system is focused entirely on button matching, like you’d find in titles such as Hatsune Miku and Rock Band...
God of Rock is a fascinating blending of genres. Imagine an unholy melding of Street Fighter and Guitar Hero, as it combines elements of both fighting and rhythm games, and it looks pretty awesome. It's coming to PS5 and PS4 in Winter, although no firm release date has been announced. Featuring a dozen fighters, each with their own...
The mysterious God of Rock has revived the souls of the universe’s greatest musicians to clash for his entertainment. Revitalized with new bodies and new powers, each musician will become a contestant in his game, battling it out with each other for musical supremacy on a global stage.
God of Rock blends rhythm-based gameplay with fighting game mechanics in tense 1v1 matches. Choose from a dozen unique fighters, each with their own design, mechanics, and harmonic attacks. Soften up your opponent by executing normal moves and building meter by hitting notes to the beat of the song, then spend your meter to unleash EX and special moves do damage and add complexity to their tracks. Finally, finish them off with a devastating Super attack! As the battle progresses, the music track will continue to grow in complexity and difficulty until only one fighter is left standing!
- Battle to the Beat – Engage in over-the-top musical battles in this competitive rhythm-based fighter.
- Limitless Skill Ceiling – Tracks will continue to scale in difficulty until only one fighter remains.
- Over 40 Original Songs – Each with their own unique and challenging tracks to master.
- The Universe is Your Stage – Control 12 wildly different characters each with their own playstyle across 8 dynamic stages set across the universe.
- Story Mode – Follow your favorite character through a branching story mode, battling against other musicians to become the last one standing.
- Training Mode – Master the most challenging segments each song and practice executing special moves to the beat.
- Track Editor – Put your own spin on your favorite tracks by adding and removing notes to your liking.
- Local & Ranked Online Multiplayer – Go head-to-head against players at home or around the globe in casual and ranked multiplayer.