Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 1,992

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Blast, sorry to hear about your PS2. Is it an original model, or a Slim one?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Well at least you've fixed up a controller and console @nessisonett despite getting shocked!

I attempted to fix a PS3 controller's R2 button the once and completely busted the button from ever being fixed.

Pretty sure I completely broke a PS2 controller trying to fix it somehow too.

It's a slim PS2 @RogerRoger.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow I feared as much. So many others have had the same problem. My own PS2 Slim has been showing its age recently as well, and although my discs have emerged from its screeching read refusals relatively unscathed, it's only a matter of time. You have my sympathies.

Current thinking seems to suggest that the laser ribbon can be gently creased back into place, in such a way that it never pokes back up again. I'm sure there's a decent step-by-step on YouTube if you need one.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@HallowMoonshadow Sorry to hear about your PS2. My PS2 Slim that I'd had since I was a teen broke five years ago or so, and I bought a replacement from someone in the neighborhood for a reasonable price. It's a fat one, unfortunately, but the thing works well all the same.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

I finished the South Pacific in Tomb Raider 3. I’d say it was slightly better than Nevada. A more interesting environment for sure. The dinosaurs were really annoying though, they tore through Lara’s health. The kayak handles absolutely dreadfully too. Onto London now which is already brutal. Par for the course.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Well, continue to brace yourself, as London is where most people wanna stop the TR3 ride and get off, myself included. You're making steady progress, though! Do you think the brutality of this experience has killed your momentum with the classics?

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger While I’m getting through it slowly and steadily, I’d say that it maybe will put me off starting The Last Revelation straight afterwards. London’s already really hard and I’m literally just jumping around on fire escapes 😂

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Wise, very wise. The Last Revelation is great an' all, but the novelty of returning to a classic Tomb Raider undoubtedly helped me gain momentum with it.

There's also the fact that Lara's ongoing adventures have always been broken up into trilogies, as The Last Revelation starts a new story arc that continues across Chronicles and The Angel of Darkness, so pausing in the wake of TR3 makes narrative sense, too.

Oh, wait until you experience the fire escape escapades in The Angel of Darkness...!!

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

I’m currently giving Diablo Immortal a try. Not gonna lie, I’m actually enjoying it.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

LtSarge

Having finished Resident Evil 4 (and wanting something else to play before starting up its bonus content), I decided to start playing Muramasa Rebirth on Vita. It's made by Vanillaware (13 Sentinels, Dragon's Crown, Odin Sphere developer) and I first heard of this game when it came out on Wii as it was described as a hidden gem for the system. So when I saw that the game had been re-released on Vita, I had to get it (which was apparently six years ago now).

I've been playing it for about an hour now and it's a very fun game thus far. It's basically a 2D hack 'n' slash game mixed with Metroidvania elements. It's quite challenging but as a result, it feels very satisfying once you get hang of the controls and the combat. This is definitely a hidden gem on Vita as well since I haven't heard many people talk about it. The pros of playing it on Vita compared to on Wii is obviously the portability but also that the Vita version got four DLC packs with dozen of hours of extra content, so I'm very glad that I got this version instead.

I also had another reason for playing this game now. I've had Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on my watchlist for numerous years now but never gotten it since physical copies have rarely received a discount. Now I'm seeing the game sold out but luckily, one store is getting more copies later this week and I wanted to know if it's worth getting or not. After having played Muramasa for a short while, and considering the gameplay is very similar to Odin Sphere, I definitely want to get Odin Sphere now.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LN78

@LtSarge Aren't Vita physical copies of that game quite rare these days? I recall buying it on the Wii a while back and it being quite expensive even then!

Edited on by LN78

LN78

LtSarge

@LN78 I'm not sure Muramasa even came out physically on Vita, at least not in Europe. I got it digitally during a sale years ago and was happy with that.

But yeah, it's hard to find physical Vita copies of anything these days. The version that I'll be getting of Odin Sphere will be the PS4 one. I sadly waited too long for a Vita copy and it sold out some time ago. Hopefully I can play it on my Vita through PS4 Remote Play given it has a fitting control scheme.

LtSarge

LN78

@LtSarge I keep forgetting about remote play on the Vita. I'll have to try setting it up!

LN78

Th3solution

@LtSarge I tried Muramasa Rebirth way back and found it a nice game and beautiful, but I got stuck and frustrated so I just quit about 3-4 hours into it. Back then I had little tolerance or experience with Metroidvania styled games and have only recently come to understand the approach. It’s too bad, because the same thing happened when I played Guacamelee and other 2D Metroidvania games and I just got frustrated really quickly.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@LN78 Yeah I didn't care much for Remote Play either until some time ago. I set up a wired internet connection to my PS4, changed the settings on the Remote Play app on the Vita so that the stream would output in higher quality, and put my router closer to me which resulted in stronger signal to my Vita. Now I get pretty much a flawless stream between my PS4 and Vita all the time. I played through Steins;Gate 0 on Vita through PS4 Remote Play from beginning to end without any issues and I played bits and pieces of Judgment on Vita as well, which fits perfectly thanks to the controls being mapped to mostly the face buttons. It's just such a great feature and it works great as an alternative if I don't have a native Vita version of a game. Why pay for a Vita version that costs so much more money when I can just get the cheaper PS4 version and stream the game to my Vita.

@Th3solution I do have to say that Muramasa does feel a bit confusing considering a lot of the areas look the same and apparently you'll be doing a lot of back-tracking in this game. The level design doesn't seem that great so far so I can see why you'd get frustrated. Perhaps you'd be willing to give it another try now that you have more experience with the genre?

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LN78

@LtSarge I had a quick look and you were right about "Muramasa" not having a European release. There is a US version (as far as I'm aware Vita games aren't region coded) but it costs a packet. I like the idea of having a physical Vita collection, I just wish I'd bought one 5 years ago!

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Th3solution

@LtSarge I doubt I’ll try it again, but I might. The Vita well is pretty dry now, so if I play my Vita in years to come then I’ll have to start recycling some games. Nothing new will ever release again.
I still have a small Vita backlog though, which I need to get to at some point.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution I get it. The thing is that I was also having issues with the game in the beginning due to its steep difficulty, but after a couple of hours it finally clicked with me. Even though the game seems very difficult, it's mitigated by the amount of gameplay options. It's actually very addicting to play now and I think I've found my next Vita must-play.

LtSarge

XandertheWise

playing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for my Nintendo Switch Lite tonight

XandertheWise

nessisonett

Finished London now in Tomb Raider 3. It very much earned its reputation. Both Aldwych and Lud’s Gate are two of the hardest levels in any game I’ve ever played. Just full of traps, a layout like a maze, difficult parkour and tons of enemies. Lud’s Gate also had an underwater section at the end with a minuscule margin for error. Couldn’t imagine playing it without save states. I’m a couple levels into Antarctica now too, which isn’t as hard so far.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic