Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,990

RogerRoger

@Diamond_Dog It's weird because, after spending a lifetime worrying about my save data (filling up memory cards, keeping PS Plus for the cloud save feature, etc.) I've recently found myself actively deleting some of my old saves, so that I can replay my favourite classics from scratch, as if for the first time. I want to keep my save safe for the duration of any given playthrough, of course, but a two year absence would most definitely exceed my current care threshold.

Anyway, that's my pretentious way of saying "Yeah, I reckon I'd start over, maybe?"

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Diamond_Dog @RogerRoger
The dilemma of whether to restart vs carry on with an old save is one I’ve struggled with many times. I almost always try to continue where I left off, but it makes the first couple hours back in the game really rough. And sometimes impossible. It works out with games that have simple gameplay and a straightforward organized structure. But my understanding of BotW is that the game is neither simple nor straightforward. But maybe the sheer openness of the game lends itself to being easy to drop in and out of.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Anti-Matter

Dance Dance Revolution MAX 2 USA PS2

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility Wii
My Sims Kingdom Wii
Long time didn't play them.

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@Diamond_Dog Fair play, and best of luck! Hopefully it'll grow on you, the more you progress.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Sat down with Tunic today as I decided to get a month of Game Pass and so far, this game is brilliant. It feels like a completely refreshing take on the classic top-down Zelda formula as it emphasises minimal hand-holding and mixes in Souls elements such as bonfires and health potions that regenerate each time you save at a bonfire. On top of this, the music is absolutely exceptional. It's so soothing and fitting for this type of game. I genuinely feel entranced while playing this game, I can definitely see this as one of the best indie titles of the year. Highly, highly recommend that everyone check this one out.

LtSarge

EllaBaileq

I played a lot of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Nintendo Switch console. I found this game really interesting and much better compared with the first chapter. Right now, I am playing shooter games on my XBOX and desktop. I play at the multiple RUST servers right now with my friends, and we are playing for fun and selling some items for real money at multiple online platforms since RUST is a very popular game, so the cost of the average skin is around 3-4$. Have a good one, gamers!

Edited on by EllaBaileq

EllaBaileq

nessisonett

Finally got round to checking out the Battlefront 2 Remastered mod for my PSP copy of Star Wars Battlefront 2. It’s really quite interesting, some maps from older games and heroes such as Asajj Ventress have been added. The game remains a lot worse than the other versions but there’s fun to be had! I have a couple other licensed ones to try too like X-Men Legends 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, few older football games and such.

Tagging @RogerRoger as you have a similar love of inferior versions of licensed games 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, I hope so too or at least to Switch since it's such a fitting game for a Nintendo system.

I've been playing it more throughout the week and I keep getting surprised at how enchanted I get by this game. The combination of the music, the lovely art style and the sense of wonder as you explore just meshes together wonderfully. I haven't experienced an indie game like this since Hollow Knight, it truly is a special experience.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Oh, sweet! It's pretty amazing that they got a "proper" Battlefront game running on PSP at all, let alone three of 'em, but it's equally amazing to see how talented and dedicated fans have worked so hard to improve each and every Battlefront over the years. I'll occasionally go looking for gameplay footage and inadvertently stumble across a mod showcase, and be all, "Hang on, I don't remember this being in my game?!" Glad you're finding the fun! Have you played the other PSP games, Renegade Squadron and Elite Squadron, at all? The middle one's pretty disposable, but Elite Squadron makes for an interesting case study, given how it's the handheld version of the Battlefront III we never got.

I've heard good things about X-Men Legends 2 before, so I hope that turns out well, too!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I think I might have Elite Squadron in a cardboard box somewhere! I didn’t realise it came after Battlefront 2 actually. For some reason I thought that those two games were before Battlefront 2. One thing I’ll say about the PSP port of Battlefront 2 is that Droidekas can capture the flag while rolled into a ball which absolutely ruins the entire mode 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Droidekas have always been notorious game-breakers! It's why DICE took forever to implement them in the modern Battlefront II, because it's real difficult to represent their abilities in a fair and balanced way but yeah, given the "lesser" status of the PSP games, there are apparently quite a few oversights like that, if you know where to look for them.

CIS for the win, every time. Absolutely my favourite allegiance, in any Battlefront, old or new.

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Just started Kirby and the Forgotten Land. It's a delight. Not as good as the best 3D Marios, but a top-shelf Nintendo exclusive nonetheless. And it has enough optional objectives in each level to make them worth replaying, along with a ton of unlockable challenge levels.

Between it and Triangle Strategy, I've been spending a lot of time on my Switch as of late.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Kirby is probably a good palate cleanser after Elden Ring, if nothing else. I was gonna download the demo when I was over my parents at the weekend, but alas it totally escaped my mind.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

I think some of my older consoles are going the way of the dodo. Once again, my PS2 Slim has started making ugly noises when trying to read discs, and a quick clean hasn't fixed it this time. It's not every disc, but it's consistent enough with some of my favourites to cause concern, and I don't really wanna spend twenty minutes wrestling with the poor thing every time I fancy a trip down memory lane.

And now my PSP's loading noise is significantly louder and more severe than ever, to the point where I thought it was gonna wreck the UMD it was trying to spin. Gameplay isn't affected (yet) but I've started to notice a few short delays in music and speech, which betrays the drive's age, I suppose.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Since last year I've noticed I've started to get a bit fickle in regards to games and typically keep changing it up on a whim.

I really should've been playing FF IX on my PS4 for example (which I really am enjoying) ... But I ended up booting my PS3 up to play The Legend Of Dragoon after waking up yesterday morning with the battle music rattling round my head for some reason...

I've been meaning to re-play it for a good three years now so... I guess it's fine lol

I've been really enjoying it too. Just got to the cave with the snake monster in having saved Shana from Hellana prison with best boi Lavitz Slambert (What a name lol).

I've been a lot better at the additions this time around too surprisingly with Dart already getting up to level three in Volcano which I'm rather proud of.

Pretty sure I only used Double slash and all the other 1 hit additions til I got the accessory that automatically did it last so I'm quite chuffed 😄

Music's wonderful too. Not a bad track so far with all of 'em being rather easy on the ears.

And I forgot how TLOD easily has the best defend function in an rpg ever. Half damage (which can mean some attacks do 0 damage), protection from status effect attacks AND 10% healing?

I love this game 😘

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

Looked through my backlog earlier in an effort to find a polar opposite to LEGO Star Wars and have settled for starting Return to Castle Wolfenstein on PC. I was tempted by the PS2 port a while back, because it's reportedly a cut above most of its contemporaries and boasts an entirely unique prologue mission, but given my PS2's health (or lack thereof) I find myself rather relieved that I picked it up cheap on Steam instead. Haven't played much yet, only the first couple of levels, because I'm gonna have to readjust to actually "playing" a game; despite opting for the lowest difficulty, I've already died twice. Hnng.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic