Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,986

HallowMoonshadow

Has it really been two years ago since I wrote that? Good grief

The voice acting and opening scene REALLY are quite good though aren't they @RogerRoger? even for today's standards I think Raziel's Va is top notch 😄

I'd agree with you in that the combat wasn't anything to write home about from what I remember when playing it... And I'd also agree in that it could seriously do with a remake as it does have an interesting world and lore plus the spirit world & shifting geometry would still be a rather unique mechanic to this day!

Also I swear you could get a first person view or something... Maybe by holding down both the camera buttons rog?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I know, right?! I double-checked its posting date and whistled. I guess time flies when you're having fun on the forums!

All the voices have been amazing thusfar, definitely one of the best examples from its era. I'm also starting to get the hang of combat a little better now (have just defeated my first boss and learnt how to phase through gates) so I'm having an easier time with it overall, and am able to sit back and appreciate everything it's doing right, which is quite a bit!

Will try out that camera command tomorrow, thank you! This is why I miss manuals!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Started up Visage yesterday only knowing that it's a psychological horror game where you explore a house, kinda like P.T. Having played an hour of it now though, it doesn't really feel like P.T. but more like Phasmophobia I think. I haven't played that game, but I've seen people play it and I believe in that game you have to keep your sanity up, otherwise weird stuff will start to occur. It's like that in Visage as well, you have to stay out of the darkness or you'll start to lose your sanity. Although I haven't seen what happens when your sanity gets too low, but I think it's fairly obvious. It's definitely a very tense game though, I don't think I'll be able to play it more than an hour at a time, lol.

On a side note, the opening was absolutely brutal, like holy crap.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Just wanted to say thanks again, as I pressed both L2 and R2 together and behold, Soul Reaver does have a free-look camera mode after all. Wouldn't have been able to get to the top of that freakin' cathedral without it. You're a lifesaver!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh no thanks needed @RogerRoger

I'm pretty sure I didn't know about that either whilst playing til I brought up the PS1 game system menu-y thing to (virtually) change discs, memory cards, reset etc with the home button and looked through the software manual option (I don't think that would be region specific but my version of Soul Reaver is from the US store... )

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Argh, I'm so dense! I always forget about that digital manual embedded in the menu but you're right, I should've checked it before complaining. Especially after a memorable moment of panic back when I played Metal Gear Solid for the first time. D'oh!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

So I’ve returned to MGS2 today to pursue what is rapidly seeming to be the holiest of holy grails… and after two hours (& god knows how many attempts) I just managed to complete Snake’s VR Variety mission 4 (a notoriously difficult sniper one). I’m not gonna lie, i was as close to being broken by it as I’ve ever been… phew 😅.

I have a feeling that there is at least one more particularly difficult sniper mission (& probably loads of just plain hard other missions) but it’s definitely progress.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Nice work! All that time off moving to your new home has your skill rusty, my friend. 😜

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I know right… though my ‘main’ skill (or the more appropriate word would be trait) has always been ‘persistence’ in fairness 😩.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

Think I might have screwed myself on the final level of Tomb Raider. Went into it with 1 health pack, which is basically needed for the boss fight. I haven’t found another one the entire level and now I’ve saved outside a set of dart traps that I think are impossible to do without being hit. So I’m caught in an endless death loop. Brilliant.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

I'm (slowly) playing through The Great Ace Attorney 2.

Meanwhile, since I only have half a month or so to get far enough into Genshin Impact in order to gain access to Aloy on PC, I finally started playing it. It's a game I've avoided since it released since I hate the way it's monetized. And, don't get me wrong, the gacha elements are pretty patently obvious, but they're disguised under a rather charming and addictive open world action-RPG. Granted, one that borrows pretty liberally from Breath of the Wild, but I'm continually impressed with the quality of this title. It runs at a smooth 60fps on my rather underpowered PC, and I'm finding it actually works really well with a gyro-enabled Steam controller. It's just too bad I have to rush through the beginning of the game so that I can get to adventure rank 20 before time runs out on Aloy.

Paimon is a truly obnoxious companion character, though. Just awful.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Thrillho

@nessisonett Only having one manual save? Are you mad??

(Or does the game not have more?)

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho The game only has save points which you find throughout the level. I could restart the level but I’d still only have the one health pack. Urgh.

colonelkilgore

Still ticking over on the MGS2 VR & Alternate Missions (feels like a lifetime tbh) and am now 82.7% done and ‘just’ have MGS1 Solid Snake’s missions left. I say ‘just’, as they are apparently the most difficult missions in the game 😅

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

94.7% done on MGS2’s VR & Alternate missions now… gonna start MGS4 tomorrow though, really excited to see how it all ends.

**** DLC!

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett Start again, grab a bunch of health packs, then level skip cheat to the last level, use weapon+ammo cheat and run your guns down to whatever ammo you had!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I eventually finished it but I had to start the level again and beat the first boss without getting hit!

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 To be fair, it’s just a big jobbie of polygons that shambles about waiting for you to shoot it in the face. Not the greatest boss in video game history.

colonelkilgore

I’ve made a start on MGS4 and really enjoying the little I’ve played. Haven’t made much progress as I need to work on some lengthy emblems and apparently it’s best to get them out of the way during your first play through. The main emblem being a 35 hour playthrough, so I got Snake chilling in his tin can for an hour.

Looks and plays amazingly considering it age though. I can’t think of a PS3 game that looks better, the story seems like a natural continuation (or as natural as can be expected from Kojima). Can’t wait to see how it all pans out.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic