Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,982

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I don't think I ever did a single pull-up, y'know. Hanging around was never one of my preferred tactics, and I think you've got enough by default to do that one mandatory shimmy along the broken bridge on the Big Shell... I think. It's been a while!

I definitely know that I've never, ever used the pentazamin before, though, so thanks to @Thrillho for solving that little mystery for me! Never change, Mr. Kojima. Never change.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I... did not notice that before. In the slightest @Thrillho. Pretty sure I got Snake to pick those up and scarf a couple down too. Ya learn something new every day!

You'll have to do some now @RogerRoger whenever you get around to replaying it if only to feel my pain upon completing the tanker and having maxed Snake's grip! 😅

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to play Metal Gear Solid due to a number of things on my end that mean my PS3 is out of my grasp for a weeks. I'll get back to it soon enough!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

It’s my first time properly attempting the original DOOM outside of the first few levels. Enjoying it so far! Finished Knee Deep In The Dead so I’m moving onto the second chapter.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

I've been rather busy the past week and I haven't had a whole lotta time for gaming.

Seeing as the PS3 is outta my reach for a few weeks (And in turn the Metal Gear Solid series) I've been playing the PS2 instead and a game called Gauntlet: Dark Legacy.

... Yeah that's one very deep cut and jarring switch I know and I'll be amazed if anyone knows of it

But me and daughter have been going through this dungeon crawler together. We've made it halfway through the mountain kingdom (the 2nd world) with me as the Blue Valkyrie and her as the Green Elf/Archer.

It's... Well you mainly just press X and shoot projectiles at monsters, destroying the generators they constantly spawn from (a lot like the original Atari arcade game... which I have played and yeah... that makes me feel very old saying that) so it's pretty simplistic stuff gameplay-wise but it's nice to play something so... simple compared to the garguntuan FFXIV that has a whole bunch of systems and stuff I don't understand yet lol 😄

Doesn't look very good at all nowadays since it's a very early PS2 title that's basically an expanded port of the PS1 game Gauntlet Legends (mixed with some stuff from the arcade version they had at the time) with two new realms and four new characters added into this.

But I'm enjoying it for now. Helps that the levels are only about 5-10 mins long each so it's good for a quick burst every now and then!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I remember that game! There was a lot of that sorta stuff after Diablo 2 came out but I remember the Gauntlet one being pretty decent.

HallowMoonshadow

Seeing as you were the only person to know Baroque in that quiz I did ages back I shouldn't be surprised to know you know Gauntlet Dark Legacy either @nessisonett!

... Have to admit I've never actually seen Diablo yet alone played it and I the only thing I know about them is that they're well regarded games, especially the second which is getting a remaster soon right?

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yep, Diablo 2’s supposed to be the best of the lot. I could never really get into the first game on PS1 and then Diablo 3 was a bit too ‘online’ for me with characters resetting after seasons and stuff. I’ll probably try Diablo 2 when the remaster comes out.

HallowMoonshadow

Wait really? The first Diablo was on PS1 @nessisonett? I thought the series was PC only til Diablo 3! Huh, ya learn summet new every day!

nessisonett

@RogerRoger One for you here, I’ve played the first few levels of Hitman: Codename 47! It’s... odd. Brutally difficult, utterly dreadful default controls (remap them at your earliest convenience) and strange level pacing. Still, it’s weirdly fun. The music is incredible as well, although that will come as no surprise to anyone familiar with the series.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Awesome, thanks for the tag! Here's hoping you get along with it a little better, the more you progress (at least you'll be enjoying a killer soundtrack). From what I gather, you kinda have to unlearn the Hitman formula to play it. As much as it's the series' debut, the vast majority is not a Hitman game, if that makes sense. I think I'll keep a guide handy when I get around to it, because I'm gonna have a hard time overcoming a lifetime's worth of instincts.

Oh, and when I got those older games on PC a couple weeks back, I booted them up to check that they were all working on my machine, and you're absolutely right about the controls. I couldn't even get 47 out of that first room. Thanks for the warning; fixing them will be the first thing I do!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Been primarily focusing on a replay of Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii, as after finishing the remaster of the first one I needed to play more! I've now got all 120 main stars, but am not sure whether to go for all the green ones, as it's a bit of a chore to go through all the levels again. The Wii remote and nunchuck are considerably more comfortable to hold than the pissing Switch joy-cons! Next I might replay the "Trilogy" version of Metroid Prime 2 while I've got the Wii U hooked up to the TV.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I immediately left that first room and got stuck on a table. Absolutely, totally stuck. Couldn’t move. I had to restart 😂

JigsawPieces

@nessisonett You know can play Diablo III pretty much totally offline, and without using seasonal characters etc., right? We've picked up playing it again recently on PS5, and it works great

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

nessisonett

Got to say I'm impressed with the graphics mods I'm using with FF7 on Steam. Just entered the Forgotten Capital!

Untitled

nomither6

Non-PS4 ? It used to be HALO The MCC on Xbox one , I love the old-school halos Pre-4/5 . Halo 4 isn't all that bad as people make it to be , but HALO 5 ? Garbage. Worse than 4.

Since I don't have a Xbone anymore , nowadays every blue-moon Id play smash on the switch like twice a month , lol .

nomither6

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I'm pretty sure if Squeenix folded some of those mods into an official release, it'd sell better than the recent remake. That looks amazing!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger It’s amazing what a difference using the FMV models makes. The whole scene at the end of that dungeon (I guess it’s still semi-spoilers?) was made all the more impactful given they looked like actual people and not polygonal blobs.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I can imagine. After playing the PS4 port of the original, I was really surprised when I realised that it was that scene which so many hardened dudebro gamers listed as "the one time I cried at a game" because it had little to no impact on me (and I'll cry at anything, me). I'm not a graphical snob in the slightest, but I reckon better character models would've helped immensely.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I have to say that it really helps not having that bloody Barret animation of him shaking his fist at 4 million miles an hour.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I just figured both his arms were mechanical, and it briefly malfunctioned.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic