Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 3,152

HallowMoonshadow

You're welcome @crimsontadpoles

Dark Souls 2 might actually have the most diverse setpieces in it even if some areas don't really make geographical sense (You take an elavator up from the windmill area and somehow end up at the lava castle/volcano bit)

Seeing as it's a japanese take on western medieval fantasy there's admittedly an abundence of castles (and catherdrals) in each one and the plotline of them all more or less being that the world on it's last legs so the areas are usually in a state of ruin.

But thanks to the art direction they're still incredibly nice to look at. Especially as they aren't the most graphically intensive games either.

In fact they're probably the only games where I've really appreciated just looking at the building and architecture of all things, especially as you'll near always end up actually going to a location in the distance and it isn't just there to be pretty.

The third game has a really beautiful looking area called Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. It's a city in the snow with a bunch of steeples and the likes. Really atmospheric.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

Untitled
So much beauty in this game. Of course, this is right outside of a little makeshift village where cannibals have slaughtered people and hung various body parts up on hooks as they prepare their meals.

Untitled
Only in The Witcher 3 can a swamp filled with mud zombies at night be kind of gorgeous.

Untitled
Guess you could say Geralt... swept this guy off his feet.

Untitled
Geraldo of Rivera moodily stares off into the distance.

Untitled
The leader of a band of edgy atheists who run around knocking down religious symbols because of their dedication to their teacher, who seems to be discount fantasy Nietzsche. Of course, I dealt with them the way any sensible person deals with troublesome students... I literally cut this dude in half in slow motion, lol

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

KALofKRYPTON

Some great recent shots here.

Ages since I uploaded anything, so I'm going to get over the lack of photo mode in Deathwing and upload some purging shots... in the name of the Emperor!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RR529

Here's some more shots from my time with Astral Chain.

These guys deserve a break, and I'm not kitten!
Untitled

I have a feeling you don't want to be friends?
Untitled

A couple photos I took of a poster in an out of the way area. I don't recall seeing it anyplace else (though I could be wrong), so kinda curious about it.
Untitled
Untitled

I also recently started Devil May Cry for the first time.

A moody new adventure begins.
Untitled

This place had a bad spider problem.
Untitled

Scenic castle shot.
Untitled

Ahoy mateys!
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HallowMoonshadow

A bumper post of Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sin after my week long break away from it... Only to put it back on hold and give in to trying The Witcher 3 again 😅

Untitled
"This is the place with the holiday doors from The Nightmare Before Christmas isn't it?"

Untitled
Finally got away from the creepy spiders for a secon-

Untitled
"Oh no" -Tries to fight boss whilst not really looking at it-

Untitled
"Love the lighting engine. The pitfalls... not so much"

Untitled
Why did it have to be there poison spewing statues?!

Untitled
"The Rotten really is an apt name for you buddy!"

Untitled
Good god man... What happened to... well your everything?!

Untitled
Finally at the mid point of the base game with Drangleic Castle. And there's the DLC's too!

That's it for now though... From DSII at least

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

Dark Souls 2 might actually have the most diverse setpieces in it even if some areas don't really make geographical sense (You take an elavator up from the windmill area and somehow end up at the lava castle/volcano bit)

Seeing as it's a japanese take on western medieval fantasy there's admittedly an abundence of castles (and catherdrals) in each one and the plotline of them all more or less being that the world on it's last legs so the areas are usually in a state of ruin.

But thanks to the art direction they're still incredibly nice to look at. Especially as they aren't the most graphically intensive games either.

In fact they're probably the only games where I've really appreciated just looking at the building and architecture of all things, especially as you'll near always end up actually going to a location in the distance and it isn't just there to be pretty.

The third game has a really beautiful looking area called Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. It's a city in the snow with a bunch of steeples and the likes. Really atmospheric.

And agree with this completely. The world design is fantastic in these games, the level of detail in something like a castle wall is incredible at times, and you can spend more time admiring the architecture than playing the game!

And so, so true about that section making no sense geographically. I spent ages trying to figure it out, but it was like nope that make no sense whatsoever!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

I don't usually "do" Halloween but, given the day and my enjoyment of the level itself, I thought I'd share some spooky screencaps from the special Hitman 2 seasonal content.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Enjoy terrifying yourselves, everybody!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Well that all looks very nice!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Doesn't it just?

I was actually quite nervous loading it up, as I don't like gore or jump-scares or unsettling games at all, and Hitman is PEGI 18. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to find it all quite atmospheric and Disney-esque (for want of a better comparison; it reminded me of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, all charm and no panic). This game always seems to strike the right note for me!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Got a couple of Burnout Paradise Remastered shots to share; apologies, they're quite large, since EA weren't kidding when they boasted its 4K makeover.

The car models are gorgeous, but the environments betray the game's PS3 heritage.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Although given that you're supposed to be whipping past them in a blur the entire time, they do their job pretty well, and some gorgeous lighting helps paper over the cracks (modern Sonic games use the same tricks). And the fake DeLorean is still there, which makes up for all sins!

Untitled

Untitled

Also found a couple random shots from Hitman 2, Just Cause 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger All very nice!

I've been entirely lax in getting any game time in recently, I'm still holding to the threat of trying to some decent screen grabs from Deathwing!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Looking forward to seeing what you can capture!

@KratosMD Your protagonist might've watched the white-haired girl sleep, but it's the white-haired guy on the right who's currently nodding off, from the looks of things!

Nice to put some visuals to your posts about the game. That dog is adorable!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I'm going to try and get some time in this week/weekend and just spam the share button!

It's a great game. Reviews were mostly in the gutter, and it is easy to appreciate why - but it's so very on point thematically and evocative of the setting and tabletop game - that I actually find it hard to criticise for not having more to it.

RogerRoger

@KratosMD That's the only time I've heard of a helpful, friendly dog being named 'Cerberus'.

@KALofKRYPTON Sounds a bit like proof of the old "if you're not a fan of this, you probably shouldn't be reviewing it" adage. At least you're enjoying it!

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Started playing Tearaway Unfolded this morning, and it's been so charming I can't not take a few screenshots.

Quite a festive atmosphere.
Untitled

What a welcoming committee.
Untitled

Going hog wild!
Untitled

Will this Elk of War be a Paragon or InFamous?
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

KALofKRYPTON

@RR529 Is the Elk an undercover Ultramarine?

RR529

Here's some more PS4 screens!

We'll start off with more Tearaway Unfolded:

To start things off, a glitch. There was a collectable on that platform that you could only get to by jumping up from the invisible box I'm standing on.
Untitled

Ready for winter?
Untitled

A haunted house. And yes, there's a gyro controlled flashlight (in the shape of the DS4's light bar) in dark places.
Untitled

A shipwreck.
Untitled

Next up some shots of Batman: Return to Arkham Asylym, which I played months ago:

We'll start with another glitch. It seems like I can grapple to a non existent platform.
Untitled

There is indeed an invisible platform (you can stand on it, but hanging from it offers the best screenshot opportunity).
Untitled

Looks like somebody has a stalker.
Untitled

A scene of tranquility in an otherwise dark game.
Untitled

@KALofKRYPTON, I'm afraid that reference went over my head.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HallowMoonshadow

Haven't posted some shots here for a while... So here's a bunch of Witcher 3

Untitled
That ghost is quite a toughie at lvl 1!

Untitled
Sunset Trot

Untitled
Midnight Investigation

Untitled
The wildflowers of Velen

Untitled
Not a bad view of Novigrad if I say so myself

Untitled
Stormy Sailing

RogerRoger

@RR529 Gosh darn it, I really need to replay Tearaway at some point. I wanted to return to it on PS Vita, but I'm tempted by Unfolded based on your screencaps! Also, loving the bat-glitches!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Er... what ghost? Is there a ghost in that first screencap? I'm genuinely quite scared now, scanning the details and expecting to find a scary face hidden somewhere!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic