Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 3,152

HallowMoonshadow

I'd just made it (A Wraith) retreat into the crypt @RogerRoger in that shot... Nothing otherworldly there to see

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Phew! Congratulations for beating the nasty!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

I’ve been meaning to post my feeble attempts at screenshots. I’ve finally got the transfer process down. So here are a few from games I’ve played over the last 3 months or so:

Untitled
“The boy”
Untitled
With Trico

Untitled
Some Genie drawing madness
Untitled
Poor Ash. He looks as perplexed as we all are about why his wonderful little game was sent out to fail so badly.

Untitled
Senua. Breathtaking landscape. I forgot how eerily beautiful this game is.
Untitled
My attempts to mess around with the photo mode tools.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

Assassin’s Creed Origins has a photo mode, so I’ll try to capture something decent there.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution You do yourself a disservice, sir. Those screenshots are anything but feeble! The first, third and fifth ones are my favourite, although I also like that last moody shot as well.

Glad you were able to share them, and looking forward to seeing what you take in Origins!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks! Those three games were good for taking screenshots because they are very artistic and slow moving games with a lot of down time walking around to appreciate the setting. Spider-Man has a great photo mode that I just could never remember to use because is so action oriented. I have a grand total of one shot from that game and it looks pretty much like every other Spidey screenshot out there.
Origins might be a little like that since it’s a lot of action and there is always some destination or project you’re working on while you play. I’m going to have to remember to slow down and smell the ... what’s a flower In Egypt... the lotuses? Water lilies? Slow down and smell the camel dung? Whichever it is I’ll try to do it.

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution yeah like @RogerRoger said the shots you posted are great so keep em coming

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, I'm kinda glad Jedi: Fallen Order doesn't have its Photo Mode yet. Trying to capture mid-combat shots would be severely detrimental to my progress! I can imagine it being the same with Spider-Man, having experienced Insomniac's trademark fluidity of movement in inFAMOUS.

From what I gather, there's quite a lot of "walk here, it'll take you a while" moments in Origins that you can exploit. It won't be as intense as New York City!

Plenty of opportunity to smell all of that dung.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution @RogerRoger @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Great shots everyone!

@RR529 - yeah, that's a 40K thing, the Ultramarines use the Omega symbol as their sigil.

i took some shots in WipEout Omega Collection over the weekend, but I think I've posted from it previously. Just happy being in the zone with it again!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

This one turned out quite nicely.
Untitled

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Wow! Knowing all too well the severe limitations of that game's Photo Mode, I've gotta say that's one heck of an impressive shot! Gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Thank you! I've got a few more from that pass that were OK.

I find that you really have to catch the moment with WipEout. While the game is stunning both still and in motion, the lighting for a nice shot really only works when you catch it just at the right point on certain tracks (and for certain ships for that matter). Otherwise, it's all pretty uniform.

I'm nicely back in to the swing of it too, so I'm going to go through as much of Omega as I can (I left off with a few bits to do in the 2048-2050 grids for 100%), so I'll try and grab a few more that look alright through the HD and Fury runs.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, I know that specific spot on that specific track. It was one of the select few places where taking a screencap was worth the effort. Nothing as artistic as your shot, mind; I just tried to capture a pretty standard angle of my ship.

Untitled

Otherwise, I just found silly novelty shots. After a few of these, I was pretty much done.

Untitled

Untitled

Wouldn't mind seeing what else you were (or are) able to capture, if you don't mind sharing! Glad you're back into the gaming groove. I found WipEout pretty tough to master, so my somewhat-tragic 10% trophy completion will have to stand for a while yet, I fear.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Those are good!

I'll throw up a couple more later - I only transferred them to my tablet and just put that one up on imgbb.

I've a few ideas for more, I think I'll be trying to use some of the angles/process that I did with Driveclub to get some nice shots.

That zones one you posted has given me an idea though! There may be too much going on, but I think with the right ship and track what I've got in mind might just work...

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Well, best of luck, and looking forward to seeing them!

Making It So Since 1987

andreoni79

"Say cheese... Wait, looks like this isn't the best time. Ok, sorry"
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

KALofKRYPTON

@andreoni79
What's that?

KALofKRYPTON

RogerRoger

@andreoni79 Death Stranding sure does have some stunning visuals!

@KALofKRYPTON Very nice! How'd you get the ship all dirty like that? Mine were always spotless!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger It's the skin. Most of the regular HD skins have some weathering to them.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic