Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,585

Splat

Not a purchase but just found these while cleaning out my closet.

Untitled

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Gamer83

Bought ARMS about a week ago. Very fun game.

Gamer83

Tasuki

@KratosMD Well Luigi Mansion 2 was made for the 3DS and from what I havery heard it's one of the best games on 3DS. I still have to play it myself along with the first one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

themcnoisy

I bought a new laptop after struggling to enjoy Elite Dangerous on my lethargic PC.

Its pretty good for the price and should be suitable for all the older games from 2014 backwards. More importantly I can play Elite with some options turned up. It's got both a 128gb SSD and 1tb HD, Nvidia 950 graphics card, Intel i7 processor, full HD 17 inch display, 8 gb of ram and a DVD rewriter to play old games. Only £660 so happy with that.

Im a touch disappointed as it seems laptop's are a bit more expensive compared to early last year. for a 12gb faster Ram, 256ssd and 1050 graphics card the prices were consistently over £1000 searching yesterday. The same laptops were £100-£200 cheaper last year.

@KratosMD @Tasuki Luigis mansion is a rubbish game, I got it with my gamecube and played it at most a couple of times. Super Monkey ball was a million times the better launch game.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

@KratosMD Majora's Mask 3D is masterful. Huge improvement over the original, and probably my favorite Zelda game overall.

With Luigi's Mansion 2, the biggest change is that it's split into levels now instead of being open-ended, presumably to give it more appeal as a portable title that can provide bite-sized experiences.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego

So to add to my backlog, I popped into a local charity shop and bought Heavy Rain, Assassins Creed 2 and Borderlands 1 for PS3 at a ridiculous £1.50 each. Will I ever get round to playing them? Probably not.

Also bought Hello Kitty for 3ds so my daughter can play that (that was £3). She managed 40 minutes of it before getting bored though she is quite poorly today. A new record though!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

This week I purchased Mana Khemia, Tales of Hearts: R, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Fate-Extra, and The Legend of Heroes: Trails in The Sky FC.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

CThrash13

After playing Gears of War 4 (I'm only a single-player gamer) the past few days, I already bought Gears of War Ultimate Edition to start after I finish 4. I've never played the series, and while 4 starts a new chapter in the series, I'm curious about the first 3 now! It's been a lot of fun, and the story has been fun to go through. I"m looking forward to going through the first 3 in the near future. I wish 2 and 3 had remasters out as well, but I'll make due with backwards compatibility!

CThrash13

Twitter:

RR529

After running through the demo last night, I popped onto Amazon & ordered Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS). Tearing through the level in that mech was soooo satisfying.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Gamer83

Managed to get a pre-order in for the Super NES Classic.

Gamer83

Tasuki

@Gamer83 Congrats. I am starting to save up now cause I have a feeling if I want one I am going to have to go through a scalper.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

Managed to get my pre-order in for the Xbox One X - Project Scorpio Edition...

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

crippyd

I got my order in for the One X too

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd Cool!!! I would be very surprised if you didn't...

They went 'fast....'

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

crippyd

@BAMozzy Thanks man My pal is very disappointed, I told him about my order and he tried to get one from the same place as I got mine for £360 with an online discount code and he missed out and he can't get one for love nor money. The only place that still have stock as of about 3pm was Argos and they want the money upfront!

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd I pre-ordered immediately they went live on Amazon. This was before Game, Shop-to or any of the other major retailers had gone live. I am a member of an online AV Forum which has an XBX thread and within minutes of me posting about getting my Pre-order in, I started to see others struggling to get one from Amazon. Soon after that though, a lot of others went live so I noticed that people were pre-ordering from them and 'periodically', Amazon would be able to offer the Scorpio for pre-order. Maybe because they were allocated more or maybe because people cancelled and went elsewhere for 1 reason or another.

A few have said their local 'Game' retailers had sold out of their allocation. Stores seem to be getting 10-15 in but by the time the shop opens and the staff have 'theirs' booked, they are left with 5-8 to actually sell to the public and most of those went within an hour of opening.

Looking on MS's own store page (Sold out there too BTW), the only places listed to still have stock is Argos. On Ebay, they are trying to sell some at £1k+. I do expect the 'standard' (not Project Scorpio editions) to go on sale (if they haven't already) and the only thing fundamentally different will be the inclusion of the Stand. Obviously there are cosmetic differences - no 'Project Scorpio' wording and the lack of that 'gradient pattern' on the top but the only real difference is the inclusion of the stand for Project Scorpio editions and lack of it for the 'standard' edition.

I really didn't expect it to be that popular but it seems that people are looking forward to it. Did you see the Rise of the Tomb Raider enhancements video? AC: Origins has listed some of their enhancements too. The fact that RotTR should run at a native 4k with 4k textures etc bodes well. Even their High Visual (the one with better shadows etc) runs at 4k (albeit CB) too and, in testing, the 60fps option runs 'locked' at 60fps - although the 'hands on' by DF was a 'beta' and didn't include the 'village' hub which they always use for stress testing. By comparison, the Pro runs the 4k mode in CB with upscaled HD textures etc. The High visual mode is '1080p' (not CB 4k as on the 'X') and the 60fps mode runs between 40 and 60fps. Also the 'X' version is confirmed to use HDR - something that all current HDR capable consoles (the XB1s, PS4 and PS4 Pro) don't offer.... YET! I knew it would be a significant difference - Titanfall 2 for example, 1440p on Pro with obvious HD textures, has been able to run at 6K in certain points on the 'X' - it uses ALL the GPU - 100% all the time and when it goes above 4k, which it does, its 'super sampled' to fit on a 4k TV - that's crazy!!

I am not 'dissing' the Pro here at all - I have one myself and RotTR looked 'stunning' on my Pro. Anyone who is not expecting a 'significantly' more powerful console to have the 'best' visuals etc, then where have you been the last 4yrs when Sony has had the 'more' powerful hardware and delivering the 'best' visuals. Having both a Pro and (soon) the 'X' - as well as a 'decent UHD Premium' 4k HDR TV, I can see directly how each performs. I have a number of games on both - inc Witcher 3, RotTR and may pick up TF2 and Doom on Xbox too - so I should be able to see how each compares. Its got to be better than watching a compressed youtube video - especially on some devices...

Anyway, I am excited - like I was last year with the imminent arrival of the PS4 Pro...

crippyd

@BAMozzy Yeah, I watched the comparison video at work earlier but it was on a old monitor but even on that the differences were quite easy to see. I think in the not too distant future I'll have to upgrade my 4K TV as I didn't give the purchase my usual due diligence and I didn't get the best one I could have.

crippyd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic