Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 1,585

LtSarge

Just ordered The World Ends With You: Final Remix and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion on Switch for a total of €80. Wasn't planning on buying these games anytime soon, but I just got a discount code worth €25 after having accumulated enough shopping points so I figured why not get some games that have been on my watch list for some time. I wanted primarily TWEWY since it's very hard to find a copy on Switch, or a copy in general. In fact, I managed to get the last copy lol. I grabbed Crisis Core as well while I was at it. Absolutely love FF7 so I can't wait to play this game.

LtSarge

XandertheWise

Found and bought the chinese knock off NES Mini that has 628 games in it. Bought two of them. One for me and the extra one for one of my siblings. Got them from a bargain bin novelty shoip at the mini mall earlier this morning.

Everything is 9 dollars each and Saturdays are new stuff in stock at that store. I was lucky to grab a couple before other people did. the store was packed with alot of people digging through the bins

XandertheWise

Anti-Matter

Behold...
Untitled

Untitled

This is my 18th Wii U game.
I knew this Zelda game was very rare and hard to find, not to mention the inflated price when you buy the game late.
Not gonna lie, I didn't even have any intention to buy this Zelda game until I found it was the only my chance to get that game while it was still available.
And the last minute, I changed my mind and want to pick that game.
Also, the Toon Link character was cartoonish enough for my taste so....
I gave this Zelda game for second chance, but only for certain zelda games with Toon Link on it.
So, here we go...
YAAAAAY....!!! 😄😄😄

Anti-Matter

LtSarge

Remembered that Trails to Azure is coming out next week, so I pre-ordered it on Switch. First time I'm pre-ordering a game that I'm not planning on playing anytime soon. I still need to play Trails to Zero but I really want to secure a copy of the sequel considering how obscure this series is. I definitely don't want to miss out on it.

I also bought DuckTales: Remastered on Series X since it's on sale for only €3.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Ralizah

Recently bought:

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo

All on Switch. So, yes, I guess I'm going on a J-horror bender these next few weeks. Kirby was mostly to play with my nephew, so we play through a few levels once a week or so.

@Anti-Matter Wind Waker HD is fantastic. Definitely different than the... erm... sort of games you typical like to play, but I think you'll like it if you give it a proper go.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

Contra Anniversary collection.

Finished every game.

I can die happy.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

LtSarge

@Ralizah I looked up NL's video review of Fatal Frame and it looks like so much fun! I'll definitely get it eventually down the line, but I think I want to play these games in order. I have the second game on Wii U so I'll probably play it first.

Paranormasight also looks like an interesting game. I might get it sooner than later as I've been craving a VN but also a horror experience.

LtSarge

Ralizah

@LtSarge I'm slightly jelly. The Wii port of the second game never released in the Americas.

The second one is probably the most highly regarded entry among fans anyway (mine is actually the very first game, which had a downright Resident Evil-esque feel to it, with the action being entirely contained within an enormous, gothic Japanese mansion). Keep in mind if you ever play the fifth game (Maiden of Black Water) that it has some some references to the first game. And the third game (The Tormented) connects the characters and events from the first two games together.

Which is to say: playing the games in order, while not absolutely necessary (this isn't like the Kiseki games, in that regard), is probably the best way to experience the series. Pity that the first three games are fairly inaccessible (particular the third one, which only ever released on the PS2).

Paranormasight has been getting rave reviews by nearly everyone who has talked about it, so I'm excited to see how that fares. One reviewer likened it to a cross between the Corpse Party, Spirit Hunter, and Famicom Detective Club series, which is about the highest praise I can imagine for a game in this particular niche.

Edited on by Ralizah

LtSarge

@Ralizah Yeah, I'm really hoping that by the time I decide to start playing through Fatal Frame that the older games have been re-released as well, at least 1 and 3. It feels weird to start playing the fourth or fifth entry in a series because they're the only ones available.

I actually bought Paranormasight earlier this week and been playing it for a few hours. The first hour was phenomenal, the atmosphere and music were impeccable and there were so many jump scares, which is impressive for a visual novel. But the second hour is rather slow, I'm honestly having a hard time staying motivated to continue playing it. I'll keep on playing it though, hopefully it'll become more interesting again soon.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just bought Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney on 3DS for €40 and Hana Samurai on 3DS for €7. It's almost the final week before eShop shuts down and I decided to finally get these games. I'm glad to have access to the former just in case I want to play it one of these days.

I'm considering buying two more games on 3DS but I think I'll wait until next weekend before deciding whether or not to get them.

LtSarge

XandertheWise

Bought another of those chinese knock offs of the NES Mini. Had to get another one to give to one of my sisters since we all had fun playing some of the old NES games back then like Dr Mario and Bump and Jump

XandertheWise

LN78

I've been playing this for a couple of evenings:
Untitled
It's not actually very good but it's weird seeing and playing through key elements and scenes from the movie that have been pretty faithfully recreated without the likeness of the lead actor - Matt Damon apparently withdrew his permission at the 11th hour when he decided that he didn't want to endorse violent video games. Or the cheque didn't clear. One of the two.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

KilloWertz

Bought a copy of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions off of eBay and it arrived today. The disc seems basically brand new. Other than finishing Final Fantasy XIII (which I did late last year), getting another copy of this game has been high on my priority list for a while now. I never did finish the game and stupidly sold my copy, so whenever I get an opening in my gaming schedule, I will load up my 13 year old game save and try to finish off another unfinished PS3 game.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz I'm real glad the disc arrived in good condition, and hope you enjoy finishing the game! Are you not tempted to start a fresh save, though? It's not exactly the longest story ever told!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LN78

Thank goodness you don't actually have to complete this travesty -
Untitled
in order to unlock the wonderful "Fate of Atlantis" point and click adventure.

LN78

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger Thanks, but at the moment, no. I know it sounds silly since it wasn't cheap to buy, but given all of the other games I have to play along with it, I will try to pick up where I left off (which I think is slightly passed the halfway point). If it doesn't seem to be working out for one reason or another (like trying to get a handle on the gameplay again at a point where I'm clearly supposed to know what I'm doing), then I will restart so it's not a miserable experience.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Ralizah

Years after updating my other components to meet modern standards, I've finally obtained a modern GPU (an RX 6650 XT). Now I have the requisite hardware to play a bunch of the AAA games I'll likely continue ignoring anyway.

With that said, I'm now starting Cyberpunk 2077, and although I'm finding it a bit hard to get into, the game is running beautifully on high settings. Might also try Returnal at some point, although my main reason for upgrading was to prepare for Starfield.

Tasuki

Picked up Final Fantasy IV Pixal Remaster on the Switch. I have been wanting to play this one again for awhile now, and confession time is the only Final Fantasy game I have never beat, well out of the good Final Fantasy games. I have seen others beat it but I never did. Time to change that.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

LtSarge

Bought Sniper Elite 4 on Xbox One. Played a bit of Sniper Elite V2 and got absolutely hooked, so I decided to buy this game. Apparently it's one of the best entries in the series, so I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic