Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,585

LN78

@nessisonett @RogerRoger On the topic of "Batman and Robin" have either of you played this?
Untitled
A late era Megadrive game full of all sorts of incredible (for the time) graphical flourishes like transparencies and sprite scaling that were very rare on the system. It's a wonderful run and gunner more akin to something like "Contra" than any other "Batman" game that I've ever played. It's also diamond hard.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 I’ve honestly never heard of that one! The only Batman games from that era I’ve played are the brilliant Return of the Joker and the rather less brilliant Batman Forever on the Mega Drive.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LN78

The new Megadrive Mini 2 is an Amazon exclusive. No thanks.

LN78

Anti-Matter

Hooray...!!!
I have successfully purchased these two rare Gamecube games this evening ! 😃
And I got these games from my hometown Surabaya.
Woohoo...!!! 😄😄😄
The games are.... 😁

Bomberman Generation
Starfox Assault

Untitled

Also some other games like PS2 & NDS 🙂

K-1 Premium 2004: Dynamite!!
Hello Kitty: Big City Dream

Untitled

And some PS3 games.

Ben 10 Omniverse 2
Kung Fu Rider

Untitled

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@LN78 I've never played that before, but I've enjoyed watching a playthrough because, as you say, its art style is incredibly captivating. I reckon it's fair to say that it's up there with Vectorman and Comix Zone as one of the best-looking MegaDrive games ever released.

The only bat-game I've played on a SEGA system is the MegaCD version of Batman Returns.

@Anti-Matter Looks like an excellent haul, no wonder you're pleased! Always nice to find rare gems when you're out and about. Hope you enjoy playing them!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
I found a lot of cheaper game choices from my local online shopping website so I could get better deals without importing from Ebay with inflated price. I haven't realized if there was a seller in my hometown who have a lot of rare games with fairly cheaper price than on Ebay (but still not a cheap price to buy an used game).

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter Yeah, it's a shame how some older games are never "cheap" cheap, but it's still great to hear that you've found a reasonable local source. Hope they can help you find more hidden gems!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Just ordered Elden Ring for €37 on Series X. I actually wanted to buy this game at launch but I didn't have time for it back then. And I'm glad I didn't since I got it much cheaper now, my excitement for the game has gone up significantly since then and I get to play it on a next-gen system instead of my base PS4. I'm so looking forward to playing this game!

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just ordered Soul Hackers 2 for €50 on Series X. There are two reasons for why I bought the game now. First reason is that there aren't many stores that are selling the game and one of the stores I follow just raised the price for the game, which made me concerned in terms of its availability. Secondly, the game didn't appeal to me initially as it didn't look like anything special. However, now that I've been getting engrossed in the dungeon crawling side of Persona 3 Portable, I want to play more games like it. There aren't many SMT/Persona titles and they rarely come out with a new entry, so I figured it would be a good idea to get Soul Hackers 2 as well.

I used to not care about dungeon crawling in Persona in the past. But for some reason it's clicked with me in P3P. It's just so much fun that I don't care if Soul Hackers 2 doesn't offer much in terms of story or a social aspect. I've also heard complaints about the dungeons in SH2 being samey. Considering I'm playing P3P, which only has one dungeon that you constantly revisit, I'm perfectly fine with multiple dungeons looking the same lol.

LtSarge

Bentleyma

My friend has given me his original Xbox. I’ve ordered Half-Life 2 and when I’m done with that I’ll be buying Jade Empire.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

nessisonett

@Bentleyma Today I learned Half-Life 2 was on the OG Xbox. Always assumed The Orange Box on 360 and PS3 was the console debut.

Bentleyma

@nessisonett it’s amazing they got it to run on the original Xbox. The framerate isn’t the best, but I’m hoping I can get past that and still enjoy the game.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

LtSarge

Just pre-ordered The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero on Switch. It's always a great feeling to buy a game of one of my favourite franchises. It's been quite some time since Trails of Cold Steel IV came out so I'm looking forward to delving into this series once more. Not to mention that I'll be playing the game on a handheld, which I haven't done with the series since Trails of Cold Steel II on Vita! Really excited for that.

I'm still unsure though if I'll play through it on launch day since I still haven't finished Persona 3 Portable yet and I'm also playing Immortals on Switch. I might play it initially but then focus on finishing these other games before continuing with it.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge Did you end up playing the Sky games? IIRC the PSP games are on Vita, I imported physical copies of the native Vita versions instead.

colonelkilgore

As some of you may remember, I had an Evercade VS for Christmas last year. Still haven’t played it like, maybe I never will… but I’ve been chipping away at collecting all of the cartridges throughout 2022. And I just get some weird satisfaction from having them on the shelf… by way of some kind of ‘a history of gaming’ display.

Well, all the while I’ve kinda been hoping that Evercade might eventually manage to do a deal with a big publisher from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras. No shade on Technos and Data East… or Atari and Intellivision but I was really hoping that we could get a Sega deal, or a deal with Konami… or… or Capcom. Well, turns out that Evercade have managed to secure a deal with Capcom to bring 18 of their stone-cold classics to Evercade! I was pretty excited… until I read a bit further and realised that they are built-in digital only games that are only available to play on the new Evercade EXP handheld.

This kinda defeats the purpose of the Evercade for me (and much of the community). The vast majority of Evercade users want the physical cartridge, the box art, the illustrated booklet that goes into the history of the games included etc. I’m ‘hoping’ that a Capcom cartridge may be released at some point down the road but I can’t help but feel that they were only able to do the deal with Capcom if it was for a handheld only, built-in, digital only release. If so, its put a bit of a dampener on me collecting these things as in the back of my mind my collection will never be complete.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LtSarge

@nessisonett No, only the second chapter is on the Vita store so I've not played them yet. I tried getting them on Steam but the games don't support MacOS, which is too bad.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge I’d think that the Sky games would probably run alright through Wine on Mac, that’s how I got most games working when I had mine years ago. Surprised that FC PSP isn’t on Vita though, that’s bizarre.

mookysam

@LtSarge I might have mentioned it before, but I'd recommend giving GeForce Now a whirl. It's free, and lets you stream of your own Steam games, so is great for those titles that wouldn't normally run on a Mac.

@nessisonett May be misremembering, but I swear FC used to be on the Vita store and then got removed.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@nessisonett Must be a regional thing. I know for a fact FC was on Vita in the U.S, at least, years ago. It's how I played the game.

Hard to say now, since the new website memory holed the Vita, and I'm not willing to log into the Store on my Vita now that I've hacked it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LtSarge

Just ordered used copies of Professor Layton and Pandora's Box as well as Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. I've been in the mood for some more Layton and it's been a long time since I played Curious Village. So I'm looking forward to starting Pandora's Box next. I bought Miracle Mask as well because it was available and these games are fairly rare so I thought I might as well get it now.

I also bought Death's Door, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Ender Lilies on Switch eShop.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic