Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,585

RogerRoger

@LtSarge It'll be interesting to see how well the game conveys its story and lore to newcomers. I often see the spectacular footage from Dragon Ball games and think that I'd love to play 'em, but then remember that I know nothing about the franchise and get exhausted by the idea of watching the anime from the very beginning, in order to catch up. I certainly know from experience that the Naruto games are better when you know some background, although their efforts are still quite admirable. Anyway, best of luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

@RogerRoger The thing is that I don't really watch anime but I'm always intrigued by popular franchises that I don't know anything about. If I ever want to get into One Piece, it would be through a game that appeals to me. And I mean, if the game makes me like the series, then I wouldn't mind watching the anime, even if it is 1000 episodes. As long as I'm enjoying myself, then why not?

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Why not indeed? There are plenty of wider franchises that I've discovered via gaming, so if that's your gateway, then more power to you! I guess I've just become a little more nervous about taking risks of late, not only with the permanence of my PSN profile (if I end up hating it, it'll still be stuck there forever, reminding me of my mistake) but also because... well, what if I do like the thing in question, and end up having to surrender the next six years of my free time to following it? I'm starting to struggle with the stuff I already like, so I'm scared of adding more on top. First world problems, I know!

Anyway, a nudge from a trusted source could always make a difference, so I really hope you enjoy the game and find it accessible as a newcomer!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@colonelkilgore @oliverp I've just ordered the definitive edition of "DmC" for PS4. I'll put this argument to bed once and for all.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

LtSarge

Just ordered Kirby Planet Robobot on 3DS for €45. Since I started playing more on 3DS recently, I decided that I wanted to grab some games that I've had in my wishlist for a long time and this is one of them. I was hoping to buy it cheaper since it's a relatively short game but considering it's been a long time now and nothing's changed, I wanted to get it before it goes out of stock. Not to mention that it'll probably become harder to find 3DS games in general in the near future. I mean, I haven't been able to find a physical copy of Ever Oasis (either a new or used) for years now and I really regret not buying it when I could've. If I ever see that game in stock, I will buy it immediately lol. I really want to play that game.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LN78

Say hello to my little friend.
Untitled

LN78

LN78

@Sternhammer That's a very good collection - I just read in an article that a ton of classic 360 stuff is getting delisted from that storefront which means that physical copies might get harder to find.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

KilloWertz

@LN78 It's just on the actual Xbox 360 Marketplace. If the game is backwards compatible, you will still be able to buy it on the Microsoft Store on newer Xbox's. That obviously doesn't take anything away from that collection and certain non-backwards compatible games could jump in value and such eventually.

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/01/microsoft-announces-40p...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LN78

@KilloWertz I should've been clearer that I meant the 360 storefront. Edited accordingly.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

LN78

Get them alphabetised right now! We're not barbarians. 🤣. Really nice collection, mate.

LN78

LtSarge

@DreamlandGem Yeah, that's what I've heard. Really looking forward to giving it a go!

Made some retro purchases today. Bought physical copies of Burnout 3, Burnout Revenge and The Simpsons: Hit & Run on original Xbox for €55 in total. Been wanting to get Burnout 3 for some time now and finding a copy of Revenge is a nice bonus. Also saw a copy of Hit & Run in stock so I figured why not get that as well. Apparently it's one of the best Simpsons games and it's a GTA clone, which is very appealing to me.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Oh buddy, you're gonna have a blast with The Simpsons: Hit & Run. Wonky in places but so full of charm and yeah, one of the better GTA clones out there. Hope you enjoy!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@LtSarge 55 Euros??? What in the world is up with prices for games of that generation? Only a couple of years ago, those games would set you back about £5 in total.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

@RogerRoger Thanks mate! I haven't really experienced much of The Simpsons as an adult but I used to watch the show as a kid so I'm really looking forward to experiencing it again now.

@nessisonett I think retro games are more expensive in general in countries with smaller populations since there aren't many copies that go around. I'm sure countries like UK, France, Germany etc. all have cheaper retro titles than Sweden. I think it's always been that case for us here.

But yeah, Hit & Run was the more expensive one since it cost €30 while the Burnout games were €10 each, which I feel is a good price for a retro game, at least here.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge A lot of its jokes and references are reminiscent of those earlier seasons of the show, too, so it should press a lot of nostalgia buttons for you. Looking forward to reading your reaction!

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

I was hoping that Shopto might send out my copy of "Hogwarts Legacy" early. No such luck, but this was a good consolation prize:
Untitled

Edited on by LN78

LN78

LtSarge

Didn't think I'd do this in the year 2023, but I just bought a game for the Wii U lol. It's actually one of the few games I've still been meaning to get for the system and it's Yoshi's Woolly World. Bought it for €45, which is a bit pricey but considering how well-received the game is and that it's on a system very few people bought, I can accept the price point.

The game was on 3DS as well but I think I'd enjoy it more on Wii U on a bigger screen with HD graphics. It also doesn't seem to be coming to the Switch since we just had a Direct and it's been six years now since the release of the Switch so I doubt it's coming. Anyway, looking forward to giving it a go as it's been a while since I've played a 2D platformer.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Wasn't there already a full sequel on Switch, called Yoshi's Crafted World or something? I'm pretty sure I've played it. Real simple, but real charming, too.

Anyway, nice work keeping the Wii U dream alive! Somebody has to!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic