Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,585

Ralizah

@LN78 I thought about that, too. Does it come with the manual? Does the case look original?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LN78

@Ralizah I'm not really sure. I'll have to take a closer look at it, I guess. I'll let you know.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@johncalmc I bought a refurbed one back last year as I needed one with the pressure-sensitive buttons for MGS2. Think I got mine from a place called Back Market.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

All this talk of expensive games is really making me regret not looking after my now incredibly scratched GameCube discs when I was a kid. So many games that could have paid for more important things! Skies of Arcadia Legends, Paper Mario TTYD, Pokemon XD, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance etc. Although apparently Flushed Away on the Cube is going for £65 so clearly the market is insane anyway 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Tasuki Yep, but not all games are compatible. Metal Gear Solid requires pressure-sensitive buttons, Gran Turismo doesn’t work and Tiger Woods doesn’t from the games I own. Gutted about Tiger Woods tbh, really love that one but I would need to get a PS3 controller from somewhere.

LN78

@Ralizah Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
It looks pretty legit to me. I'm going to get in touch with the seller because my conscience is prickling. I can only assume she thought this was one of the other (far less valuable) "Panzer Dragoon" games.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

nessisonett

@Tasuki Most games do work with them. In fact, I was playing mine yesterday with my DualSense.

Ralizah

@LN78 Oh my god, that's such an amazing find. Probably the rarest thing you're likely to ever own.

If you're going to return it to the seller or something (can't imagine any other possible reason you'd contact them), you might want to play through it first. The likelihood of finding another copy of this game in the wild is next to zero.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HeavyMetalWario64DS

@LN78

I've seen Panzer Dragoon Saga going for $750+ or so at my local game store a few years ago. Looks like it's going for at least $1200 now according to price charting. Nice find. I had been thinking about getting a Saturn myself at some point until I found all games I was remotely interested in were way too expensive (like PDS).

HeavyMetalWario64DS

HeavyMetalWario64DS

@johncalmc

PS4 and PS5 controllers do mostly work on PS3, but there are some minor issues. It looks like a very small number of games don't work with them, and they don't have pressure sensitive face buttons. I also seem to remember the triggers being treated like digital (instead of analogue) for some game. As long as the game doesn't need pressure sensitive buttons or triggers, you're probably good. One more minor issue is that the home button doesn't function, so you can't go to the home menu or turn off the PS3 with a PS4/5 controller. You can still boot up the PS3 with a PS4/5 controller though for some reason.

As for getting a Dualshock 3, I got one last year for about $20 on Ebay. Mine was an unusual situation though. I bought a broken DS3 to use for parts on a 3rd party controller (shell was cracked and trigger was missing, looked exactly like an official DS3). The seller said that their controller wouldn't turn on. When I got it, it was dead like the seller said, but it took a charge and stayed charged. It's now one of the 2 DS3s I use. I'm wondering if the seller didn't have the right cable or PS3 to charge it (DS3s won't charge from a phone charger, even with the right cable).

HeavyMetalWario64DS

LN78

@HeavyMetalWario64DS That just reinforces my belief that the seller in this instance has made a mistake because even on the lower end that's significantly less than I paid for the console and the entire stack of games. Hopefully she'll get back to me today and we can work out a deal.

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 I have to say, your reaction to this whole Panzer Dragoon Saga thing is incredibly admirable. I don't think it'd be overly cynical to say that most people would be flipping it on eBay right now.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger "Lenny's 'Panzer Dragoon Saga' Saga". Turns out she just wasn't paying particular attention and (much like myself) thought that one "PD" game was much the same as another. We've worked out an amicable arrangement, though. I'm now the proud owner of "Panzer Dragoon Saga" and a clean conscience!

Edited on by LN78

LN78

LtSarge

Just bought World End Syndrome on Switch for €6. The game is on sale on both PS4 and Switch right now but the Switch version is €4 cheaper in the sale and that was the primary reason why I bought it there. It looks like a very cozy summer visual novel even though it supposedly has horror elements. Still, it looks right up my alley as I love this kind of games. Might give it a go sooner rather than later as I've been craving a cozy visual novel for the summer.

LtSarge

LtSarge

So I've been in a mood lately to play something relaxing and considering I've barely dabbled in this genre, I decided to check out some life sim games. I ordered Rune Factory 4 Special on Switch for €30 as I've heard it's the best game in the series. I also bought Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns on 3DS since it was on sale for only €4. Never played either Rune Factory or Harvest Moon, so I figured I'd give these two a go. And while it's not a life sim game, I also got Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove on 3DS for €8 since I noticed it was on sale while I was browsing the eShop.

I also have Stardew Valley and Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles on my watchlist on Switch, which I'll get whenever they go on sale since I'm not in a rush to buy everything right now. But yeah, I've been really wanting to play some relaxing, mindless games now and so I'm excited to start exploring this genre a bit more.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Good luck with the life sim genre. It's one I've always thought I'd like in principle, and I do enjoy spending half an hour on Animal Crossing every couple of weeks, but I've had access to The Sims 4 for quite a while now (thanks to PS Plus) and still not plucked up the courage to try it. Please let us know how you get along with those games, if you don't mind. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

@RogerRoger Will do! I used to love Animal Crossing back in the day but nowadays I find it to be lacking substance, so I'm completely skipping the Switch game. I'm hoping Rune Factory 4 will appeal to me since it's a mix between a life sim and a dungeon crawler, which sounds awesome. Never played The Sims personally as I'm not that interested in customising stuff. I'd rather avoid that as much as possible in games in general to be honest.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Yeah, since I only play Animal Crossing briefly and infrequently, my patience for it has lasted far longer than it would've done otherwise, and even then, I merely execute a well-worn routine. Its charm is irrepressible, and that's what drags me back, but in terms of actual activity, it's very shallow.

Having a game that's part life sim and part something else sounds like a great way to test your tolerance for the genre, so I hope it works out well for you!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic