Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,585

colonelkilgore

@LN78 yeah the uncaged version… so I guess that it includes the additional dlc or something right?

@Fragile I played a bit of The Saboteur back when it originally released. It seemed pretty good but just as I was getting into it I tried Just Cause 2 and played that constantly for months. Never ended up going back to The Saboteur but have been thinking that maybe I missed out on something ever since.

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore I believe so - also the gore and viscera are dialled up to 11. The standard version was a strictly PG affair.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 ahh, well I’m glad it’s the uncaged version then. I’ve heard good things about it, so I’m looking forward to eventually giving it a go.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore One of the rare instances where the video game is better than the film that it's based on.

LN78

LtSarge

Just bought Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land and Kirby: Mouse Attack on Wii U. I'm continuing my streak of Wii U/3DS purchases and these are the last two that I've really wanted to buy. I have three more games on my watchlist but I'm not as sure if I want to buy them. I'll have to decide later on, but for now I feel pretty content with the purchases I've done so far on Wii U and 3DS.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Glad you've been able to complete your essential purchases before the shutdown. I have a friend who's trying to do something similar with her 3DS, and who yesterday saw that, whilst the eShop itself won't be shutting down 'til next year, ways to actually buy things from it are being cut off far earlier (credit card support ends in May, and gift cards can't be redeemed past August).

Feels a bit cheeky, so keep those deadlines in mind if you're on the fence about those last three games.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

@RogerRoger Yeah, I read about that too but I think that only applies to the US. Credit card support on 3DS and Wii U eShops has already ended a long time ago in Europe due to some new regulation and the only way to buy games is through Nintendo's website, which is how I've been buying my games. Either way, I think it's better to be safe and buy the games I want as soon as possible since you never know with Nintendo.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Yeah, your final line there? Words to live by.

I'll pass along your point about the regional difference, thank you. Not that I think she was planning on making any purchases with a credit card anyway, but it was just something she noted which made the whole thing a bit more complicated (again, because Nintendo) and potentially more urgent.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Blitz the League - PS2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 - PS2
Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds - PS3
Sonic CD - PS3

HeavyMetalWario64DS

LN78

UPS have just delivered this. Very excited - I've always wanted one! Untitled

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 Oh man I’m jealous! I’d kill to grab some of these older consoles while they’re still in decent condition as I know I’d look after them. I’ve been looking at a Dreamcast as I have a few games for it, which were too good a price to pass up at the time. Today I also learned Wipeout was released for the Saturn!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LN78

@nessisonett Today I learned that I hate and detest the UK Saturn game boxes! You can't take the stickers off because of the cardboard sleeves and the outer gatefold is only very flimsily attached to the plastic inner holder. What a bloody awful design. On the plus side, all the discs at least load which is a relief because Saturn games are incredibly susceptible to boot failure due to the bizarre copy protection that SEGA were using at the time. Now to find a copy of "Radiant Silvergun" that doesn't cost the same as a mortgage payment. Fat chance.

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Crikey, what a haul! You've got some real gems in there, as well. Nicely done!

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@LN78 Wow. That looks... VERY expensive. But very cool start to a new retro collection. I've never actually owned a Saturn, but have always wanted one, so I'm a little jelly.

What game you going for first? Is it Panzer Dragoon Saga?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LN78

@Ralizah @RogerRoger Thanks guys! I was just very happy to get a CIB console - the games were a bundle that she threw in with it for a few extra beans. I think I'm going to be starting with "Die Hard Arcade" as I've heard tons about it (I think it's a reskin of something completely unrelated to the movie franchise) but I've never actually seen a cabinet for it anywhere. As for "Panzer Dragoon" I don't know a thing about it except that there are two or three others in the series that aren't in this stack. They're pretty good on rail shooters from what I understand.

LN78

johncalmc

Does anybody happen to have any top tips on where to get a PS3 controller from that isn't a chatty third party one and ideally doesn't set me back like forty quid? I assumed I'd be able to just gan on eBay and the Dualshock 3s would be flowing like wine and I'd get one for coppers, but half of them are knock offs - it's a minefield.

I still have my PS3 in my living room - insane, I know. And every now and again I think about going back and playing Deadly Premonition and all the other stranded PS3 games.

johncalmc

Twitter:

LN78

@johncalmc Official ones in decent condition are proverbial gold dust. Like you I've still got a PS3 (launch day fatboy) hooked up to my main screen just because the backwards compatibility is so convenient, so I snag them whenever I see them in CEX or charity shops. Unless you get lucky, you're likely to be on the wrong end of fifty notes for a new one pretty much everywhere, I'm afraid.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Ralizah

@LN78 Well, the normal Panzer Dragoon games were rail shooters, but Panzer Dragoon Saga is actually a JRPG. A very highly regarded and extremely hard-to-obtain one, at that.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/1/29/16940902/1998-video-games...

"According to Underwood and Lucich, only 20,000 North American copies were produced in Saga’s initial run. After those sold out in two days, between 2,000 and 5,000 more were made. Then the tap turned off forever. Nulty recalls an “extremely small run” of roughly 1,000 copies being ordered in Europe."

A playable, complete physical localized copy is the gaming equivalent of a unicorn.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LN78

@Ralizah I can only imagine that this one is a copy or a reproduction of some kind, then - the girl I bought the bundle off is typically pretty diligent about her pricing. Having said that, I did a quick test on all the games just to make sure they work and the discs aren't hastily scribbled on CD-R's or anything like that and the console isn't modded (I've just ordered an Action Replay cartridge from China so I can play imports) so who knows?

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic