Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,585

LtSarge

Well after having recently finished Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and started up Red Steel 2 on Wii, I've started to like gaming on the system once again so I just ordered another two Wii games to play: Epic Mickey and Battalion Wars 2. Both of these have been on my wishlist since I was a kid but because of PlayStation and Xbox, I haven't cared about playing on the system until now that is.

In all honesty, I feel like games on PlayStation and Xbox are becoming a bit too samey for me considering I've played so many games in my lifetime. So now I want to go back and have new and refreshing experiences, which there are plenty of on the Wii. Epic Mickey seems like a fun game and I've always wanted to try out the Battalion Wars series. On top of these and Red Steel 2, I've also got two Trauma Center titles, Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles, Zak and Wiki, Wario Land: The Shake Dimension, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Madworld, Pikmin 2, No More Heroes, Little King's Story, NiGHTS: Journey Into Dreams and many more Wii games from my backlog to play. Heck, I might as well even play Resident Evil 4 on Wii if I keep this up. I've wanted to play the PS4 version due to the better graphics, but the Wii version has better controls. So my regained interest in the Wii might help push me over the edge to give the Wii title a go instead.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge I actually love Epic Mickey. It’s flawed for sure but it’s absolutely stayed with me all these years. It’s very dark for a Disney game but highly creative with loads to do and even a morality system.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

@nessisonett Yeah I've heard the gameplay isn't the most in-depth but at least the story is very good. I actually like the dark premise, it makes it more interesting for a Disney title. Really looking forward to playing it!

Out of curiosity, have you played the sequel as well and if so, would you recommend it?

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge I never did get round to the sequel actually!

LtSarge

@nessisonett Ah, okay. Well I'll just have to play the first game and see if I'm interested in playing more of this series.

LtSarge

mcdreamer

I don't really know whether these should be classified as retro, but I just picked up a Vita and a New 3DS XL. I had a PSTV before but was keen to get the Vita whilst they're still out there and at a relatively sensible price. Still got Persona 1 and 2 to play on there after having finished P3P and P4G on my PSTV. Not really sure what other games I might get at this point. Maybe Tales of Hearts R, Muramasa and Trails In The Sky SC. Such a shame that FC and Xenogears aren't available over here.

mcdreamer

LtSarge

On a bit of a shopping spree lately due to my regained interest in Wii games. I just ordered Bully: Scholarship Edition on Wii and Left 4 Dead 2 on 360. Did some research and apparently the Wii version of Bully is the best one to play. Looked up some gameplay and it actually looked very good with the Wii controls, so I'm looking forward to finally play this game. I've also wanted to try out the Left 4 Dead series and I was planning on getting the first game, but apparently the sequel has all the content of the first one and more. So I decided to only get the second game and it seems to be quite fun to play even in solo.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

Riff: Everyday Shooter I used to love this casual little twin-sticker back in the day… I’d make my mate (who had it) boot it up every time I went around there. Gutted to find out it has no trophy support… but oh well, it’s so good it almost doesn’t matter.

**** DLC!

RR529

Bought Ys: Memories of Celceta & Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal in the XSeed weekend sale on Steam.

Like Destroy All Humans! they're going to be going into the dry spell pile.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LtSarge

Just preordered Metroid Dread on Switch. I wasn't planning on getting this game anytime soon because I'm in no rush to play it. However, an online retailer just put it up for €45, which is basically the cheapest that first-party Switch games can get here. For example, if I want to buy a used copy of Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey, it'll cost me €43. Seeing as how a new copy of Metroid Dread is €45, I thought I might as well get it now since I'm getting the game eventually. And who knows, I might give it a go on Friday and get hooked on it. It's been a long time since I preordered a game so hopefully this title turns out great.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge I also pre-ordered, which I don’t often do except I had a little more spare cash than I was expecting so got that and Super Monkey Ball on the cheap. Looking forward to Metroid but I really need to get round to Monster Hunter Rise as well which is still in the cellophane.

LtSarge

@nessisonett Yeah, there have been a lot of great Switch titles this year. It's definitely been hard to catch up with all these games. I still have No More Heroes 3 and NEO: The World Ends With You to buy, and then we have upcoming titles such as Mario Party and Pokémon.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just bought Monster Sanctuary on Switch and Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3. I've had the former on my Switch watchlist for a while now and saw that it was 50% off on eShop. I also saw that the game is on Game Pass and so I decided to give it a go in order to see if I'd like it. It's basically a 2D Metroidvania with Pokémon turn-based battles and I really enjoyed it! Considering it's 30 hours long though, I decided to buy it on the Switch so that I can take my time with it and leave the shorter games for Game Pass. In terms of Ninja Gaiden, I've never played this series before and saw that a used copy of the first Sigma game came in stock for €20 so I decided to buy it. If I like the series, I might get Sigma 2 on PS3 as well.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

Mentioned that I was fighting the urge to pre-order an Evercade VS recently... and well, I failed. I just pre-ordered it. I honestly don't think I'll actually play it much but it appeals to the part of me that always dreamt of having some kind of 'console museum' in my house. That was never gonna happen as I just would never have the space... but if Evercade goes where they intend it to, it could be the next best thing.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Had both of these in the past and sold them at a car boot sale around 8 years ago… but I’ve been slowly but surely refilling my PS3 library back up. GTA4 and GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City. Just felt that they were needed to fill the gap on the shelf between the GTA Trilogy: Remastered (when it arrives) and GTAV.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Pixelated

bought far cry 6... same as 5 but in the jungle, can get boring quick. watching your pet and other animals create chaos is hilarious though.

bought zombies ate my neighbors on ps5.

bought metroid dread, hardly played it so far, not in the mood i guess. game starts off with an enemy chasing you around, not a great way to begin a game lol. feels too pressured right off. of course nintendo fans think ANY game with a branded nintendo character is GOTY. this isnt. its a $60 game that should be $30.

might get gta trilogy, i dunno. 60 bucks is a lot for 3 old games. i'd prefer 30 or 40 bucks.

The Nintendo Switch is the only console that predicts its own future... after 5 years of nothing but weaboo games, you're ready to switch to another console!

LtSarge

Just bought Steins;Gate My Darling's Embrace on Switch for roughly €12 during the eShop Cyber sale. Been waiting a long time for this game to go on sale since I finished the first Steins;Gate months ago and I already have Steins;Gate 0 on PS4. I just love this series and I can't wait to play these games. I'm really glad that I could get My Darling's Embrace on Switch so that I can enjoy it in handheld mode like I did with the first Steins;Gate on Vita.

LtSarge

nomither6

im really tempted to buy FNAF , they have the entire collection for good prices respectively . im one of the few people who actually like jump-scares , just for the thrills alone .

edit: whats stopping me is that im a wuss , lol .

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

Ralizah

@LtSarge Any interest in Steins;Gate Elite?

I'm very mixed on where I want to get it. Switch would obviously be my preferred platform of choice, but the PS4/PC versions come with Linear Bounded Phenogram, which is a legit companion game that saw a retail release in Japan versus some crappy retro demake that comes with the Switch version.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LtSarge

@Ralizah Maybe years down the line I'll play that version because Elite is basically the first game but with artwork from the anime to help make the scenes more immersive. The downside with the Elite version is that it borrows heavily from the anime and as a result, a lot of dialogues between the characters have been cut out. So if you're looking for the most complete experience then I'd recommend getting the original game on Vita like I did.

Steins;Gate 0 and My Darling's Embrace seem to be similar across all systems though. Kinda wish I had bought 0 on Switch instead of PS4, but Vita Remote Play will have to do since I don't like double-dipping even if it is for convenience's sake.

On a side note, I never even heard of Linear Bounded Phenogram until you mentioned it so I can't say anything about that. It does seem like a lot of extra content for sure, so it could be worth getting the PS4/PC version if you don't mind the cut content in Elite. I personally prefer to play these games on a handheld as I just can't stand playing visual novels on TV.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic