Forums

Topic: Recent Retro & Other Gaming Purchases? (Non PS4)

Posts 1,201 to 1,211 of 1,211

colonelkilgore

Had both of these in the past and sold them at a car boot sale around 8 years ago… but I’ve been slowly but surely refilling my PS3 library back up. GTA4 and GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City. Just felt that they were needed to fill the gap on the shelf between the GTA Trilogy: Remastered (when it arrives) and GTAV.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

smells like… victory!!!!

Pixelated

bought far cry 6... same as 5 but in the jungle, can get boring quick. watching your pet and other animals create chaos is hilarious though.

bought zombies ate my neighbors on ps5.

bought metroid dread, hardly played it so far, not in the mood i guess. game starts off with an enemy chasing you around, not a great way to begin a game lol. feels too pressured right off. of course nintendo fans think ANY game with a branded nintendo character is GOTY. this isnt. its a $60 game that should be $30.

might get gta trilogy, i dunno. 60 bucks is a lot for 3 old games. i'd prefer 30 or 40 bucks.

The Nintendo Switch is the only console that predicts its own future... after 5 years of nothing but weaboo games, you're ready to switch to another console!

LtSarge

Just bought Steins;Gate My Darling's Embrace on Switch for roughly €12 during the eShop Cyber sale. Been waiting a long time for this game to go on sale since I finished the first Steins;Gate months ago and I already have Steins;Gate 0 on PS4. I just love this series and I can't wait to play these games. I'm really glad that I could get My Darling's Embrace on Switch so that I can enjoy it in handheld mode like I did with the first Steins;Gate on Vita.

LtSarge

nomither6

im really tempted to buy FNAF , they have the entire collection for good prices respectively . im one of the few people who actually like jump-scares , just for the thrills alone .

edit: whats stopping me is that im a wuss , lol .

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

Ralizah

@LtSarge Any interest in Steins;Gate Elite?

I'm very mixed on where I want to get it. Switch would obviously be my preferred platform of choice, but the PS4/PC versions come with Linear Bounded Phenogram, which is a legit companion game that saw a retail release in Japan versus some crappy retro demake that comes with the Switch version.

Currently Playing
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PC)

PSN: Ralizah

LtSarge

@Ralizah Maybe years down the line I'll play that version because Elite is basically the first game but with artwork from the anime to help make the scenes more immersive. The downside with the Elite version is that it borrows heavily from the anime and as a result, a lot of dialogues between the characters have been cut out. So if you're looking for the most complete experience then I'd recommend getting the original game on Vita like I did.

Steins;Gate 0 and My Darling's Embrace seem to be similar across all systems though. Kinda wish I had bought 0 on Switch instead of PS4, but Vita Remote Play will have to do since I don't like double-dipping even if it is for convenience's sake.

On a side note, I never even heard of Linear Bounded Phenogram until you mentioned it so I can't say anything about that. It does seem like a lot of extra content for sure, so it could be worth getting the PS4/PC version if you don't mind the cut content in Elite. I personally prefer to play these games on a handheld as I just can't stand playing visual novels on TV.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter For us Westerners who are sadly monolingual, care to translate those covers?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
Oh...
The left = Taiko no Tatsujin: Little Dragon and the Mysterious Orbs
The right = Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live: Kira Kira My * Design
I got those two games from my local store with very cheap price.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter That's cool, thanks! From what I understand, the 3DS (and the DS) do rhythm games very well, so it sounds like the one on the right should be enjoyable, at least. Hope you have fun with 'em!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Just ordered Bravely Default II on Switch. Saw an online store selling it for €30 today so I decided to finally order a copy, even though it probably is going to be a while before I get to that game since I still haven't played Default or Second yet.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic