Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 2,436

Jaz007

@nessisonett I think in the short term it will, but when games skip it or get gimped enough it’ll get a bad rep and MS will get hit for being untrustworthy. The console will be fail to be an actual next gen console, and I think that’ll show more and more as times goes on. At the end of the day, I think it’ll be bad PR as it’s lasting impression. Short term you’re right I think.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@Jaz007 Yeah but MS are hoping that 4K TV numbers will be higher by mid-gen, which would push people towards buying an XSX by that point. Short term, absolutely it’s a good idea but I think they’re playing the long game as your digital purchases and Game Pass subscription would carry forward to an XSX.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

@Jaz007 @nessisonett I have no idea how the S is going to turn out. I'm interested in the product, seeing as there's only a few Microsoft exclusives I want to play. I'm fine with playing those at a lower res if that means I don't have to invest as much.

However, if they're going to announce that one of these games I want isn't going to come to XSS, then that means I'm kinda screwed. So I'll wait until I know for sure. How long will I wait? I don't know, until the XSS has an impressive enough lineup of exclusives, and that might be a while.

Still very sceptic.

Kidfried

JGRockford

@Jaz007
Well, this is awkward...

Demon's Souls, a highly anticipated, exclusive PS5 release, isn't able to utilise Ray Tracing either.

Being the Series S is a budget solution for the niche of those who may be ok with the downgrade in fidelity, and the fact there is no indication that games will skip the console which features full RDNA 2 (unlike the PS5), it would be completely ignorant to think games would no be able to scale (something which has been happening for PC and mobile phones for years)

This last generation has easily shown a large power gap between stock PS4 and XBOne, to the Pro and One X/S, yet games still have been able to be released on all offerings.

So this power discrepancy is not anything new. Series S is a budget offering, and will have a niche.

Edited on by JGRockford

JGRockford

Jaz007

@JGRockford Demon’s Souls can’t raytrace? They said it could if they had chosen that. More like they never planned for it to do that, it wasn’t part of the vision, ever. We don’t know what RDNA features means yet. Xbox Series X doesn’t have the power advantage that both consoles have over the S (it has a teraflop advantage while PS5 has a big SSD advantage). Pro/One X does not compare, because games are designed on to run on a normal PS4 with Pro/X advantages. That is the lowest common-dominator, which S is less powerful enough that for a niche market developers may not want to scale back overall game deign, because there’s a point where it just doesn’t work on lesser hardware in a way that’s worth doing or playing.
Games can scale yes, but there’s a point where the scaling DA: Inquisition or Shadow of Mordor.
So yes, a gimped console at the start of a gen is absolutely new and could easily have problems later on when games are pushing the real PS5/Series X hardware. It’ll be a the problem child or devs just won’t want to deal with it. I’d say that’s worth betting money on. This is Uncharted territory and MS said the S is just supposed to be a lower resolution, that’s it. It’s already being proven false before the gen has started.

Jaz007

Anti-Matter

I copied this question from Nintendolife since still nobody answered my question.

I want to ask about softmodding Xbox Classic (OG XBOX) to bypass Region Lock and getting the DLC songs for Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 1 - 4.

DDR Ultramix 1 - 4 are the only Xbox Classic games i have interest about but unfortunately the DLC songs from Xbox Live have been terminated long time ago so the only way to get all DLC songs for DDR Ultramix series by modding the machine and copy the DLC files from internet.

I know i don't play with modded machine anymore but for Xbox Classic case, maybe i have no choice but have to mod the machine to bypass the region lock and get all DLC contents.
But still i want to play with the original games in disc, so how to softmod the Xbox Classic properly and still able to play with Original disc ?

Anti-Matter

Jaz007

@Anti-Matter I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt you’ll find anyone here that knows how.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@Anti-Matter https://www.instructables.com/The-Easiest-Way-To-Soft-Mod-An-...

Probably the easiest method but you’ll need a flash drive and a copy of an exploitable game such as Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell or 007: Agent Under Fire. It’s a hassle but you should then be able to find a guide to get your DLC. As much as it’s a moral grey area, honestly you’ve found a case that completely justifies softmodding your console.

JGRockford

@Jaz007 being it was the fact that the developers needed to budget the limited power of the PS5 for ray tracing.

Quoting the creative director:
It's like any other graphic improvement, there is a cost. If we had implemented ray tracing in the game, that would mean that we would have had to leave something out.

RDNA features:
Well, there's been a couple of cases where the Principal Graphics Engineer stated the PS5 utilises a combination of RDNA 1, with some RDNA 2 features (such as Ray Tracing), and that features such as machine learning will be missing.

imgur.com/a/5KKMRUT
imgur.com/a/N7EtiCS

Furthermore, in reading that:
This is the core reason why it doesn’t support things like Mesh Shading, Tier 2 VRS(unconfirmed), and as above, Machine Learning hardware support which has been already shown back in Feb running on Xbox Series X to be able to automatically upgrade real time original Xbox titles from non HDR period to HDR without any changes in coding using DirectML.

Having Microsoft delayed their dev kits (in comparison to how early Sony has sent out their's) may have allowed them to take advantage of more recent technology, and their transparency in hardware in recent months shows confidence in their product.

Saying that, the S is a budget offering which has been designed to scale their games. This is not at all new in regards to PC, or mobile phone, yet people seem to be ignorant of the fact that developers can design for XSX and PS5, and easily scale back to XSS. Tuning the game's features to run at certain benchmarks is standard when developers are working on multi platform.

In the manner of XSS's specifications, it has been built to scale down resolution (and it's textures), along with features if that power is needed.

Just like which has been done for Demon's Souls, which is focused on just the one platform.

JGRockford

nessisonett

Yeah, plenty games on Xbox One and PS4 run on significantly less powerful PCs with less RAM and slower hard drives. All Xbox Game Studios games will be on Windows 10 and will run on ‘worse’ hardware than the Xbox Series S. Most third party games will be on PC and also run on ‘worse’ hardware. The exception is Playstation Exclusives that mostly don’t launch on PC and therefore rarely are built around scalability and... they aren’t going to be on Xbox Series S.

Anti-Matter

@nessisonett
Well, i will ask to my video games repairman too about that soft modding way for Xbox Classic, just for curiosity since i still don't have any Xbox stuffs.

Btw, before i forget, i still have one question about Xbox 360.
Is Xbox360 Kinect region lock ?
I mean if my Xbox 360 machine is USA (without Kinect) but bought Xbox 360 Kinect PAL region from separated bundle, can i use that Kinect on Xbox 360 USA ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JGRockford

@nessisonett nailed it!
If scaling up from baseline specifications was the only option, each generation would be limited to a much lower specced computer, worse than the XSS.

With that, we have games being developed that can easily scale back to XSS and beyond to older PCs, and it would be borderline idiotic to think software from this coming generation would be limited from being released on a Microsoft budget console, when those games have also catered for PC, and scaling for it's many specifications.

Edited on by JGRockford

JGRockford

nessisonett

@Anti-Matter Kinect is just a glorified camera so it shouldn’t be region locked. Just make sure you have a plug adapter, we have three pronged plugs in PAL regions, as opposed to two pronged plugs in the USA.

JohnnyShoulder

I mean Demon Souls looks far and away the best next gen game we have seen so far. Does it matter that it has no ray tracing? It looks stunning as it is. Yes Sony have marketed that the console is capable of ray tracing, but early on in the generation comprises will sometimes have to be made. I'm not gonna go down the tit for tat road and point which games don't look great on the Series S. Enjoy the games on your chosen system rather then nit picking at what each can or cannot do.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I just don’t get it. PS fans in particular have this need to point out faults with Xbox. The thing is, it just doesn’t really affect people unless they own an Xbox. I don’t get why people are attacking the XSS when it’s not out yet, we have no clue the solutions in place and it honestly is a complete waste of time.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I think both are as bad as other tbh. Whenever I read an article on Pure Xbox there are always a few people having a dig at Sony for no apparent reason in the comments. It is pretty much the same on Push Square. I get this always goes on when a new generation is round the corner, but I've never really liked it even when I've been part of it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TheFrenchiestFry

Honestly as someone who's seen both of those elitist types first hand I can confirm both are equally cancerous

The jokes about PlayStation games being walking simulators or all looking the same not only got tiring to see really quickly but in the context of most of its exclusives, make no sense whatsoever, while the people constantly digging at Xbox for stuff like the lack of variety in its exclusive library got incredibly tiring extremely quickly

Also since the PS5 is less powerful than Series X a lot of these fanboys are naturally taking the "GRAPHICS DON'T MATTER AND THEY NEVER DID DESPITE THE FACT WE WOULDN'T STOP BRAGGING ABOUT OUR MORE POWERFUL CONSOLE BEFORE" approach, which is super childish and one-track minded

It's even funnier considering all three major console manufacturers follow each other on Twitter to my knowledge and Sony devs like Cory Balrog have made it publically known they buy non-Sony consoles for personal use. I'm pretty sure he has like 3 Nintendo Switches and two Xbox Ones

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder The thing is, nobody honestly believes the PS5 will be bad. All of the negativity has surrounded Sony’s rhetoric or lack thereof, or the general infrastructure like BC. I haven’t seen anybody say that PS5 will be a bad console and not be trolling. I’ve seen a lot of people going on about how the new Xbox will be a bad console. It’s just silly, they’re boxes at the end of the day and they’ll play vastly similarly. I don’t really think any console has been ‘bad’, at least not one I’ve played. I’m sure there’s someone out there who loved their Atari Jaguar. It’s just way too broad a subject to cover with such simple judgments. The Mega CD is widely ridiculed but it gave us Snatcher, Lunar: Silver Star Story and Popful Mail. Games are what truly make a console, not whatever RAM or Ray-tracing or whatever. It’s just noise.

Edited on by nessisonett

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett Yeah let's be honest, the thing with Xbox is they obviously have stuff that will appeal more to casual consumers from a sheer value standpoint, with stuff like Game Pass and the Series S on top of their incredible BC program

Sony knows their *****'s expensive, but I'd be damned if I thought it didn't look so good, and truly evocative of what next-gen can be

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic