Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 2,436

Rudy_Manchego

Nope - spent 90 mins in queue and Game crashed. Since I was looking for the All Access monthly sub, can only go to game or smyths. Ah well.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah the sites I have loaded for ps5 all crashed on me earlier.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Oof, hopefully the ones that ordered it in error will realise before it is too late...

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

With a lot of hands on stuff coming out apparently the Series X OS takes practically 200gb of the hardrive leaving 802gb free. If it's the same on Series S that leaves 302gb!

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Ryall

1 TB Seagate expansion drive actually adds 920 GB of usable space. This implies the series X is losing 118 GB to the operating system and 80 GB to formatting. The Xbox series S will probably lose the same to the operating system but only 40 GB to formatting. So I would expected it to have 342 GB of storage available for games. @BearsEatBeets

Ryall

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

nessisonett

@BAMozzy I’m beyond impressed. That’s some seriously good looking BC. If anything would convince me to get an Xbox then that would!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

blacklivesmatter

@BAMozzy

Good video showing off the great work MS have done. There are a lot of articles at the moment where writers are sharing the experiences with load times, the quick resume feature and the BC of the machine and how it improves games. I think MS have really done fantastic work with the console. My only wish was that there was a digital version of equal power to the main console. Everyone seems to have a lot of positive words regading the console.

blacklivesmatter

andreoni79

Today I started selling my Wii games and in the meantime I started to inventory my 360 games. Considering how good the BC seems to work on XBSX I'm wondering if those games value may increase... Or will Gamepass kill them all?

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

BAMozzy

@andreoni79 Maybe - but maybe not. Games are not 'permanent' on Game Pass and not like PS+/Gold where as long as you keep Game Pass, any game you may of downloaded remains playable indefinitely. To be playable, you need an Active GP subscription AND the game has to be available on GP so if they remove it, you lose access to the game unless you buy it. There is a discounted price to purchase digitally if you want to own it permanently but some may want to own the disc.

It seems that MS are 'investigating' whether they can add more games to the Backwards Compatibility Library (From PureXbox https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/10/xbox_investigating_addi... 8th Oct 2020) so maybe we will see some games coming that people may want to play that are not currently in Game Pass. Not everyone has Game Pass either. Its difficult to predict whether your discs will change in value as a result of availability through Game Pass or not. Personally, I think the value will depend more on whether or not they are on the BC list. Not sure if that's for the better or not because on the one hand, you have many more people that could play the game compared to those that are only playable on a 360 so maybe more 'desirable' but only other hand, they maybe easier to get hold of digitally - either in store, via Game Pass or maybe even given away as a Games with Gold.

I still have all my OG and 360 games too but don't really think about their value. It would be cool to see more titles added but I would also be OK if they looked to 'enhance' many of the games that haven't as quite a few were added before XB1X came out - no doubt they will be checking to see which games work with their ML HDR Algorithm and which games they can double the frame rates and increase the resolution on so I expect to see more information in the future.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

TheFrenchiestFry

@andreoni79 Honestly I think the value for certain 360 games will increase if they're NOT backwards compatible if anything

Bringing those games forward to current gen will definitely keep them relevant and not prone to turning into scalper's items for a while

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

andreoni79

@BAMozzy Thanks for the reply! There's no chance I'll buy a Series X too, but the idea that unique games like Shadows of the Damned and Binary Domain or classics like RDR, the Mass Effect and Dead Space trilogies may run perfectly is quite interesting.
I have another question if you please: does backward compatibility improve only the frame rate or does it also solve problems like pop-in and slow textures?

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

BAMozzy

@andreoni79 It can solve pop-in and slow texture load in too. It also has 16x Anisotropic Filtering built in as standard which keeps textures looking much better at angles - stops them getting blurry.

Some games have additional benefits above the and beyond what the older consoles offered - like 720p games now at 4k, HDR added, 2x frame rate (so games capped at 30 run at 60fps) but these are on a game by game basis as some games 'break' or don't work as expected - animations fall down, HDR goes wrong etc because these were NOT built in or added after by the developers.

Texture pop in is down to 'slow' streaming so these are improved by faster and larger bandwidth design.

BAMozzy

@blacklivesmatter And iJustine too

and you can win the 3rd one via Twitter...

They were also asking if people would be interested in an Series X mini fridge too...

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy Would have thought the mini fridge would be based on the Series S lol. What next? A VCR in the design of the OG Xbox One?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder LOL who could tell the difference? After all wasn't the OG Xbox One design based on the old VCR players anyway??

Jaz007

So Ray Tracing for DMCV won’t be on the Series S. It already can’t handle next gen at launch. It’s gonna get gimped games if it’s lucky, but more realistically it will not get some games. I said it was a bad idea and it’s already failing to be a next gen console at launch.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@Jaz007 I dunno, I think there’ll be a market out there for people with HD TVs who want the new Halo but would be willing to sacrifice visuals that they won’t really take advantage of. I think it’s actually a very shrewd move and one that will prove relatively popular, if niche.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic