Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,436

FullbringIchigo

@LocalPenguin probably not, it was shut down due to lack of traffic to begin with sadly but that's why this thread was set up (and there is a similar one on Nintendo Life)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

LocalPenguin

@KratosMD @FullbringIchigo Well that's what I thought, if Microsoft can really turn things around then the need for a dedicated website would surely be there?
Right now there isn't anything with a focus purely on Xbox, certainly nothing to the same caliber as PS and NL.
Personally I'd love to see a return of Pure Xbox

LocalPenguin

PSN: LocalPenguin

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder That is true - MS gamepass does show you what is leaving soon but it takes me ages to get to games so I might miss them...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Jaz007

At this point, I think Games with Gold is better than Plus free games. It's easier to have a hit with 4 games and Plus should be matching or upping that anty. It really is a shame. The Plus games have been pretty mediocre lately too, less games aside. If we had 6 I guarantee you we'd be finding something we want a lot more. Well, I guess Xbox needs to do something better.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@KratosMD I tried to play the Batman Telltale series once since it was a Plus game. It wouldn't load. I'm serious, apparently there was some save issue with a complicated fix that stopped the game from actually starting (can't remember if I even saw the main menu or not). I wonder if it ever got fixed on PS4. I want to say it was an Xbox issue too so it gives me hope if it worked as it supposed to on your Xbox.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 @KratosMD It played OK when I played it a few months after it came to plus. As in the game did start lol. I think this is one of the reasons TT struggled in the end, the same problems kept cropping up in all their games and they didn't do a great deal to sort them out.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Genrou

Been playing the original Star Wars Battlefront (which is part of GwG) on the Xbox One and man what a nostalgia trip!!! So many good memories playing this game on the PS2 back in the day with my friends. It's a shame that EA screwed up the series.

Genrou

nessisonett

@Genrou The major loss was how underwhelming local multiplayer was in the new ones. I have great memories playing with bots in Battlefront 2.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Genrou

@nessisonett Yeah. My friends and I use to play alot against bots, I don't remember if there was online play but even if there was we didn't have internet at the time (the dark ages lol). But yeah so many memories with those games.

Genrou

FullbringIchigo

@Genrou i think the xbox version had online play, not sure about the PS2 version though, it might have had it but you would have needed either a PS2 Slim or a network adapter for the OG PS2

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD I hope Sayonara Wild Hearts comes to Gamepass - it is the perfect way to get this title in the hands of more gamers, especially given the short length.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Jaz007

I feel like MS is just bad at dropping the new Xbox details. They say fast loading times and bigger worlds, but just that as text on a page is neat, but not exciting. What's exciting is when Sony used Spider-Man as an example to give a glimpse of it we could visualize.
This is nowhere near as good as when Sony gave it's first bit of info. You can't just drop a few numbers, you need to explain why the numbers are exciting.
I also get the feeling that the new Xbox won't have the super cool and innovative rumble of the PS5 because they didn't mention it, in which case Sony could have a huge controller quality/experience advantage (and another case in which they have specific examples to make it exciting). I'm also serious about the controller, if MS doesn't have the same rumble tech and Sony delivers, it's gonna be bad. That rumble tech will also be incredible for VR come to think of it.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 Not sure about the rumble, the Switch has something similar and doesn't feel like much of a game changer to me. Do many games actually use it to its full potential? The same with the triggers on Xbox one and the speaker on ds4.

From what I hear it will be the SSD that will be the game changer as Sony have worked some kind of magic with it or has some cool tech that makes it a lot more faster and powerful than found in any pc's or consoles, and could lessen the impact of the supposedly more powerful Xbox console.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@JohnnyShoulder The SSD will be amazing for sure. It is a bit of an if with the rumble, but they claim driving on a paved and gravel road is clearly different, or if you’re on both. From what I’ve played of my Switch (not enough really) it’s nothing like what Sony is claiming the PS5 rumble will be. They said it’s completely different to PS4 rumble. Sony does have a “specialized” SSD but I’d be surprised if it was that much better than the Xbox’s SSD. The load time sound similar from the Xbox description even though it’s less specific.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD in all honesty about LoS2 you kind of do need to play both Lords of Shadow AND Mirror of Fate before 2 otherwise there will be some MAJOR series spoilers right off the bat

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i think it already has been on GwG i'm afraid but good news is a used physical copy goes for peanuts now a days

i got mine for a couple of Quid back when it was first added to the XB1 BC Program (i already had them on PS3 you see)

BAMozzy

Beat me too it @KratosMD LOL

Personally I think its mediocre at best with the 360 titles saving what would be a diabolical month. Castlevania being the standout for me. Sonic is OK if somewhat dated now but there is a reason TellTale went under and their games stopped selling. Shantae is a dated game too but maybe fun for those with a bit more of a nostalgic bone in their body than me...

Of course for free its better than nothing but I wouldn't sign up to Gold for these - if I didn't already sign up for Gold for the other benefits...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Genrou

@KratosMD That will be nice. My biggest complaint about the Xbox One was the UI, especially coming over from the PS4. It was always a pain in the ass to start games. As you said the PS4 and the Switch lays out all your games in a row the Xbox One you had to go a separate menu to list all of your games to see what you wanted to play. I can't wait to try this new UI.

Genrou

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD haven't we had that home screen for a while now?

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD are you sure, i have had a home page that looks like that picture for over a month already

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic