Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 941 to 960 of 7,481

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 I hear you, but the difference between "Switch Pro" and Xbox X and PS4 Pro is the former would be born out of the requirement to ensure games are ported in a playable state to the Nintendo machine. If that becomes a requirement, original Switch owners get left behind.

Where as the X and Pro exist to push new technology, the Switch Pro would be existing just to keep up.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/rime

...'the stuttering got so bad at one point that it gave this reviewer motion sickness, as the delayed camera controls conspired with the wildly fluctuating frame rate to create a deeply unpleasant visual experience'.

Bummed out. I was really looking forward to picking this up on Switch. Didn't even mind paying the Switch Tax.
I do think RiME will end up eventually on PS+ so I might just hold off or get it when it's <£5.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@kyleforrester87 Really? The game doesn't look too demanding so I'm surprised the Pro struggles. Still intrigued, so I'll wait till it hits the bargain bin.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

@Fight_Teza_Fight Yeah, the game has issues on vanilla PS4 as well, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Switch version based on what I've seen. It's an ''alright'' game I think, so waiting for a price drop is a good idea!

Octane

RR529

Got my Switch in last night!

I won't be able to get my first retail game until my next paycheck (so next weekend), but so far I've played one half of the Octopath Travelver demo, and am currently downloading the Dragon Quest Heroes I&II demo.

May try seeing if I may be able to buy Shantae, though (it's actually one of my most wanted games on the system, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

@RR529 Octopath Traveler's demo is lovely, but that DQ Heroes demo is... really rough. SE didn't do a good job of optimizing the game for the platform, so the gameplay is incredibly rough.

Shantae is OK. My least favorite game in the series, but I seem to be largely alone in that opinion. I think the colorful HD art will really pop on the Switch's vibrant display.

What games are you looking to get otherwise?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

@Ralizah, I'll definitely get both Mario & Zelda (one of which will probably be my first retail game), but I'm also really excited for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 & Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and may get Fire Emblem Warriors & Knights of Azure 2 down the line, depending on how things go.

@Octane, I've heard nothing but good things about it, so maybe I'll get around to it one day.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Wesker

@kyleforrester87 you should try venturing over to NintendoLife. They have a really active community over there and quite a few of them are knowledgeable and passionate.

Wesker

kyleforrester87

@Wesker Yeah I read the site pretty regularly and have done for quite a while now since I have a 3ds. I'll probably start posting one of these days given how much I'm enjoying my Switch..

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Wesker

@kyleforrester87 yeah, during the Wii hay days, I loved it. At least a few people in the community were hyped for every single release, big or small.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

Tasuki

So I decided to get Rocket League on the Switch even though I have it on PS4 for the following reasons

1)Support the devs cause honestly they are one of the best studios around l, seriously places like EA and Activision can learn a thing or two from them

2) Will be able to by with a few of my friends who have it on Xbox One.

Anyone play it on the Switch who has played it on the PS4? I am wondering how they compare.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@Wesker Comparing Nintendolife during the Wii days to now is like night and day. Mostly it's all rabid Nintendo fanboys nowadays that will almost attack you for anything negative about Nintendo, even if it's the truth. One of the many reasons I don't go around there anymore like I use to. That and alot of the old staff has been gone for years now.

My Backlog

Wesker

@Tasuki It’s true. I wonder if James Newton still has his dream job at Sega... And what the likes of Corbie, The Black Dragon and Chicken are up to. I think lz is still there and a few others.

Wesker

Tasuki

@Wesker James actually works for Nintendo hence why he left Nintendolife. As for The Black Dragon, Corbs and Phil (Chicken) I am not sure what happen to them as to why they left. @TheLzDragon still there plus he pops in here too at times.

Usually to give me a hard time.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Wesker

@Tasuki yeah that’s right. I remember Daddy Newts left NL around the time PushSquare got launched. Moved to Germany. I misremembered and thought he went to work for Sega, but he actually went to Nintendo. His job should be a lot safer then

Wesker

RR529

I've bought my first Switch games!

Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero, which I've beaten (details in the "Games You've Recently Beat" thread), and Gaoru: Mark of the Wolves, which I got just to tide me over until I can get Mario or Zelda this weekend.

Man though, is it harder than any Capcom fighter I've ever played. Even at the easiest difficulty I had a heck of a time with the boss characters.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the extreme difficulty settings for those who want to go all into the technical stuff, but I just want to mess around with the different characters (even in the Street Fighter games I've played, you can get by with basic attacks & spamming projectiles in the easiest setting, but here I could only beat the boss character by dropping his health to 1/4th of what it normally is).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic