Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 6,301 to 6,320 of 7,479

Ralizah

The nice thing about this take on folders is that games can be included in multiple categories at once. Makes it super simple to track down games you want if you organize properly.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

ralphdibny

My Switch is too far gone for folders, at least I thought so. Managed to get it organised so at least every game is in a folder now.

If I can be bothered or if I get time I might make it so the same game is in multiple folders.

Would be good to be able to click on a game and see what folder(s) it is currently in. Or just to click on it and have the option of "Add to folder".

The system they've implemented is just a bit cumbersome, not very user friendly and needs a bit of work/extra features.

See ya!

Ralizah

Finally tore myself away from Mario Kart 8 long enough to play Triangle Strategy, and I'm really happy with it so far. It remains to be seen how meaningful the focus on weighty moral choices and ideological alignments is, but the game absolutely nails the drama of it all. Something about dense, serious storytelling works really well with the PS1 stylings of these HD-2D games (which is why it was such a shame that Octopath completely whiffed the chance to combine the character stories in meaningful ways). This is a Suikoden/Final Fantasy Tactics-tier old-school JRPG in 2022. At least, it will be if it continues along like it has.

Music is fantastic, too. Like, this is just the theme that plays when you're setting up your units and preparing for a battle:

I've heard people complain about the storytelling-to-gameplay ratio, but it's really not bad. Beginning is a little talky, but there's a lot of worldbuilding and character relationships to set up, so that when events really start popping off, you can appreciate the full gravity of what's happening.

RR529

Some comparison shots of Tour & MK8D. Keep in mind the track variant I was playing in Tour was reversed, so while the shots show the same areas, they're from different directions.

Sky Garden (Tour)
Untitled
Untitled

Sky Garden (MK8D)
Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Bentleyma

@RR529 I think the new courses look fine. Would I prefer that they matched the look of the base game? Yes, but at the end of the day I’m mostly just happy to be getting more content for a game I love.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RR529

I've only played through the first 2 worlds so far, but Kirby is an absolute delight.

It's a triumph aesthetically, with the standard elemental world themes elevated by the ruined civilization aesthetic (which reminds me of the mechanized transformation they were infused with in Planet Robobot) & each level feels unique even within a world (within the just the first world you'll traverse the streets of a city overgrown with foliage, travel through a dilapidated tunnel, & explore an abandoned mall).

Otherwise it's just fun to play with the traditional Kirby gameplay translating brilliantly to 3D (the first proper 3D game in the series), and I'd like to give a shout out to the bosses which feel much more like something in a character action game like Astral Chain or Ninja Gaiden (though naturally not in the same realm difficulty wise), with the game encouraging you to dodge attacks at the last second to enable a "bullet time" style slowdown with which you can bring down the pain. When it's all said & done I wouldn't be surprised if it has my favorite set of boss fights in a first party Switch game (outside of maybe Metroid Dread).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

Zelda was delayed to Spring 2023. Sad, but there's plenty of stuff to play this year on the system as is, and the new window is a little more believable now that they've attached a season to it.

I wonder if it'll launch alongside a new model?

LtSarge

@Ralizah That seems likely actually considering the first BotW was delayed in order to coincide with the release of Switch. Perhaps BotW 2 is done now but they're spending the coming year porting it to Switch 2.

LtSarge

Ralizah

@LtSarge MAYBE the mythical Switch Pro everyone was so concerned about, but I'm more inclined to think it'll be one last revision of the current line before they reveal the successor next year.

Maybe a special edition BotW 2-themed OLED model. I'd probably give in to temptation if that's what we ended up with.

Edited on by Ralizah

RR529

A tad disappointing that Zelda was delayed, though as Xenoblade 3 will likely take me a few months to complete I'm not particularly worried.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

johncalmc

I was always expecting Zelda to drop back into next year so I'm fine with it. I am giving very series consideration to ordering Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. I know my backlog is like.... but you know... I just want it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Herculean

I'm lately playing a lot of Wingspan on my Switch. It's not a brilliant adaption, and it's not a brilliant board game either, but it's all very fine. I just gravitate to Switch games that can be played in short sessions. It's also why I'm not really bothered about Zelda's delay anyway!

@johncalmc I've been so close to pulling the trigger on Bowser's Fury so many times. I know I'll bite, even though I've played so many hours of 3D World already, and there's many other Switch exclusives that are worthy of my attention. 🌞

Herculean

Bentleyma

Been playing Kirby and the Forgotten Land. It’s such a colourful and upbeat game. Gives me Astro’s Playroom vibes. I highly recommend it.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Ralizah

Looks like I'll be balancing Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Kirby, and Triangle Strategy for the foreseeable future (assuming I play TS more than once, which seems highly likely at this point).

@johncalmc The SM3DW port is terrific. Best thing about it is the speed boost characters enjoy compared to the slightly sluggish Wii U original.

Edited on by Ralizah

RR529

"HAL" room anyone? (Kirby Easter Egg spoiler)

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic