Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,241 to 4,260 of 7,477

nessisonett

Do the Prime games count in this little Metroid discussion? My favourite 2D one is Super Metroid but Prime 1 and 2 eclipse it for me.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Rudy_Manchego

@crimsontadpoles @nessisonett The Prime games are excellent and I think I would rank them higher over many of the 2d entries but even if you take into account all games, Super Metroid is just a thing of pure beauty!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

Prime 1 was undone a bit for me by the ridiculous, hours long scavenger hunt in order to unlock the final boss. TLOZ: The Wind Waker did something similar.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

I've never played the Prime games (hopefully one of those Trilogy HD rumors for Switch comes true one day), but if I had to rank the 2D games:

Metroid Fusion > Super Metroid > Metroid: the Return of Samus > Metroid II: Samus Returns > Metroid.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

Zero Mission (GBA) > Fusion (GBA) > Samus Returns (3DS) > Super Metroid (SNES) > Metroid (NES) > Metroid II (GB)

Anti-Matter

RR529 wrote:

I've never played the Prime games (hopefully one of those Trilogy HD rumors for Switch comes true one day), but if I had to rank the 2D games:

Metroid Fusion > Super Metroid > Metroid: the Return of Samus > Metroid II: Samus Returns > Metroid.

LOL
I play Metroid Prime Federation Force 3DS instead.
That's the only Metroid game i have some interest about.

Anti-Matter

Nei

Super Metroid > Fusion > Zero Mission > Prime > The rest (All good games)
I honestly believe Super Metroid is one if the best games ever made.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

nessisonett

@KratosMD It’s maybe worth £3. The hate’s pretty justified, especially if you don’t have friends to play 3DS with. It’s just not a very good game. Samus Returns is also on 3DS and is a genuinely good game. Hunters on DS was even better than Federation Force and it was a launch title, or close to launch.

nessisonett

@KratosMD To be fair, Other M’s gameplay was mostly solid, the problem was the plot. Hunters is decent but I don’t see it being particularly comfortable to play on the Wii U, so a DS cart might be a better idea. I still think the best Metroid game outside the main series/Prime is Prime Pinball on DS, now that was a great game.

Kidfried

I feel the need to mention I finally bought a Switch. Yes, I was really skeptical of the machine, but now with quarantine, being home more and having to share the telly, the handheldness of the Switch is so useful.

Also... Cuphead is just such a good game.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried Wow, I forgot Cuphead wasn’t available on PS4, it’s a great game. I don’t play the Switch as much as I should but I would recommend Animal Crossing, Smash, Mario Odyssey and Zelda as the staples.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Ori and the Blind Forest is a good shout too. Beautifully animated.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@kyleforrester87 I don't know if that one is really my cup of tea. Next game will probably be Astral Chain first.

@nessisonett Cuphead was one of this gen's game that I knew I would like, but kind of accepted not playing as one of those 'losses' of not having multiple consoles.

@JohnnyShoulder Good recommendation and certainly on my list. My Switch is basically my Microsoft first party device then. :')

@crimsontadpoles I played a lot of Smash Ultimate over at work and family, so I'll probably be picking that up down the line too. I think I'll skip Splatoon 2, don't really see the appeal for me, since I've already played the first one quite enough.

I'll probably only play games on my Switch that aren't on the PS4, as DualShock is my prefered method of playing for most games (the d-pad on the Pro sucks), though I already like the mobility of the device more than I had anticipated, so I might just be getting a whole load on indies on it too (and the fact that the Switch is a bit quieter).

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried Cuphead is one of my favorite games of the generation. I've played through it three times or so on two different platforms.

The DLC expansion is taking SO long to come out, though.

If you have any love for the tactics genre, pick up Mario + Rabbids when it goes on sale (which is quite frequently).

Also, obligatory mention that you can buy an adapter that plugs into your dock that allows you to use your DS4 on the Switch.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah You can get a DualShock 4 adapter?? That might genuinely lead to me playing my Switch more, I use my Cube controller whenever I can but it doesn’t have a ZL so certain games are impossible.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Well, you can get an adapter that lets you use a whole mess of controllers with the Switch.

https://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/

I use it to connect my DS4 and Wii U Pro to the Switch. It works about as well as you could hope!

It also works on PC, and is fairly durable. Mine accidentally got put in a washing machine and still works OK.

nessisonett

@Ralizah Woah, I might get one because it also is pretty cool looking. I use workarounds to get my DS4 working on PC but having it on Switch would be a godsend so that I can actually play Hollow Knight comfortably.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic