Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,121 to 4,140 of 7,480

nessisonett

@Arugula Wow it’s not just me then. I swear, I dig the wrong hole so many times and I thought I was just out of practice. The 3DS circle pad was way better than the Joycon stick.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

RR529 wrote:

I know of:
Arch (don't have)
Bag (made)
Bed (made)
Balloons (made)
Chair (don't have)
Crown (made)
Earth Egg Clothing Set (have recipe)
Fence (made)
Garland (made)
Lamp (made)
Leaf Egg Clothing Set (don't have)
Rug (made)
Sky Egg Clothing Set (have recipe)
Stone Egg Clothing Set (have recipe)
Table (made)
Wall Clock (made)
Water Egg Clothing Set (have recipe)
Wood Egg Clothing Set (made)
Wreath (made)

Bunny Day Flooring
Bunny Day Wall
Bunny Day Wardrobe
Bunny Day Vanity
Bunny Day Crown

Also, there are two different types of balloons.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

@Ralizah, if that's it, I think I now have the recipes for everything except the Arch (though that could be the reward for making everything else). I also have dress & hat recipes that you get for having all the individual egg clothing recipes. I only have a few of them left to actually make, too (just waiting on tomorrows Earth Eggs).

I'd actually be more interested in the cherry blossom recepies, but they seem to be taking a back seat to the Bunny Day stuff (I think I only have two, both of which are flooring options).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

Yeah, I’m not gonna end up getting close to all of them, I’ve only made the bed. The eggs are really annoying too, it’s hard to make progress in my museum.

RR529

I wish there was a way to tell when you've made all available Bunny Day recipes. I've made everything we've listed here (except the Arch, which could be the end reward), and the recipe I got today was a duplicate (the Table). You can't even ask Zipper (the bunny) because he's not coming back until the 12th (the last day of the event).

I agree about the over prevalence of eggs too. I find myself stopping whatever it is I'm doing whenever a Bunny Day balloon flies by, not because I need any more Sky Eggs, but because there's always the chance it's a recipe I don't yet have.

Anyhow, that's enough Bunny Day talk. Does anyone know if a garden is a specific structure, or will just surrounding any group of flowers with a fence do? Tom Nook said a garden might help bring campers in (the campsite opened today), but he didn't give me a building set like he does for other structures (like the museum, villager houses, & campsite).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

@RR529 You should get a camper in tomorrow. Everyone I know has gotten a camper in the next day.

And there's no specific "garden" structure. Just plant some flowers. You know you can cross-breed flowers by planting them next to each-other and watering them every day, right?

nessisonett

Sooooo many eggs. It’s so hard to just catch fish or dig up fossils at the moment. Probably doesn’t help that I only started it a few days ago.

kyleforrester87

I’m just ignoring the flying balloons completely and I don’t go out of my way to even check them anymore, I’m not really fussed about missing out on items and collecting everything since there will always be another opportunity and the games just about doing what feels right anyway.

The water eggs are the most annoying though.

But it’s not that bad.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

This thread is really strange if you didn't know what Animal Crossing was. 🙃

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder To be fair, my milkman offered a free trial of his eggs and then that ‘free’ trial became a subscription without my knowledge. So yes, I’m annoyed at all those bloody eggs in real life as well as Animal Crossing 😂😂

Ralizah

I've gotta say, I've never been a massive fan of the XC1 OST, but the subtle changes made to the reorchestrated DE tracks really bring them to life.

The entire game is going to sound better musically, on top of looking way better and having an improved U.I.

The new track sounds great, too. Like something out of Torna. Very jazzy.

I'm sold. The game is preloading on my Switch.

Time to finally play and beat Xenoblade 1.

RR529

Had a decent session of AC tonight.

• Had my first camper today, and they're moving to the island tomorrow. I already have their plot placed.
  • Got 3 new Cherry Blossom recipes (all from balloons), bringing my total to 5. Much better than the Bunny Day stuff (and it helps that I'm going for a traditional Japanese look for my house).
  • I now have over 160,000 Bells in my savings account. Only a bit more & I'll have the 198,000 needed to pay off my big house. It helps that there was a lizard on my island who was buying bugs for high prices, so I farmed bugs tonight.
  • Used the Nook Miles I earned tonight to buy Snack & Drink Machines, and a Park Clock (I'll get them tomorrow), which will go nicely in the public park I'm building (can't wait until I get to put in roads).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

crimsontadpoles

@kyleforrester87 Similar for me. It was about just over a year ago when I beat the 3DS version of Xenoblade Chronicles 1. As much as I had enjoyed it, it would have in hindsight been better to skip that version.

Anyways, for me it's not worth double dipping with the Switch version. It's such a long game, and there's too many other things I want to play. I do need to get around to playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 eventually though.

@Ralizah Music is sounding great. Once the game is released, I may have to seek out some of my favourite tracks and see how they compare.

kyleforrester87

@crimsontadpoles I don't think I got much more than 15 hours in, so not too much for me to repeat fortunately, but I wasn't in love with it like I was XBC2. So while I am looking forward to it, I am keeping my expectations in check! Does look a lot nicer though!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

I’ve started the original Shantae on 3DS which has been fun, if a little confusing. The overworld is a bit of a maze but overall, the game is hugely impressive for the GBC.

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 I got about 50 hours in on 3DS, myself, but that was years ago, and while I had written the game off (didn't hate it, but there were some QoL issues that bugged me, and, GOD, the game was just as ugly on the 3DS as it was on the Wii), I really ended up loving XC2, so I want to see if I can give it one more shot. If I don't enjoy the DE on Switch, then the game just clearly isn't for me!

@crimsontadpoles The differences can be subtle, but just the first minute of Engage the Enemy is pretty clearly improved if you listen to one, and then the other. Gaur Plains sounds even more majestic now.

@nessisonett Honestly, in terms of the detailed sprite work and the sprawling (for the time) 2D overworld, it felt like a home console game. Still my favorite GBC game overall, and my second favorite game in the series overall.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I played Castlevania Circle of the Moon a couple of months back which was a GBA launch title and Shantae has it beat in terms of visuals and animations. I have been somewhat wandering in circles but I’m sure I’ll find my way eventually 😂😂

RR529

Got another Cherry Blossom recipe tonight (an animated wall), so I'm up to 6 now. Though I'd gladly take them I'm not too fussed about the accessories (like the umbrella or purse), so as long as I get the lantern I think I'll be happy.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nessisonett

So does the music in ACNH start changing hourly at some point? I’ve noticed the same track every hour which is a bit disappointing if it doesn’t change, I love the New Leaf soundtrack.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic