Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,961 to 3,980 of 7,479

JohnnyShoulder

Some ball bustin sales figures for Switch, overtaking XBO. I wonder how it will eventually compare to PS4 sales when they are both finished?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

At this right, Switch should overtake 3DS lifetime by 2021.

Pretty crazy, coming off of their worst-selling home console.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

mookysam

Been trying out Byleth in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Quite impressed; she's powerful and plays quite differently to the other Fire Emblem characters. The special attacks in particular are rather good. All in all I've enjoyed the first wave of DLC characters - particularly Joker and Terry.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

Byleth has been great fun playing with my brother, those specials are hilarious. Waiting for the inevitable nerf in 3,2,1...

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I'll respond to you here seeing as you're so concerned with tidying up the forum
The 3DS has probably my favourite library of any console. Rune Factory 4 isn't for everyone as it's basically Harvest Moon with a story and combat but it's really seriously compelling. Some games I'd recommend would be Shin Megami Tensei IV and the Etrian Odyssey games if you're into RPGs. Sonic Generations has a brilliant port on 3DS that's different from the console versions with different levels. Fire Emblem Awakening is way better than Fates and is worth a try. Theatrhythm Curtain Call is a fantastic rhythm game with the music of Final Fantasy. Super Pokemon Rumble is a really brilliant spin off of the main games that's kinda hard to put into words but is really deep. My guilty pleasure game would be Project X Zone, a crossover SRPG that's really schlocky but hilarious at the same time. There's loads out there and it's such a tight little console with great controls (although my circle pad is needing a deep clean).

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett while I would appreciate if next time you would create different topics for each of the games you’ve mentioned I do appreciate the detailed response and I’ll carry out some further investigation. Nothing is jumping out at me immediately though, which is a bummer, because it really is a great console and I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how nice it is to play portable versus the OG Switch.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

The Persona 5 Scramble demo is live. Created a jp account just so I could download it!

nessisonett

@Ralizah Is it simple enough to get a JP account?

Ralizah

@nessisonett Yep. Create some random, disposable email. Create a Japanese account on Nintendo's website using that email. Then attach the Japanese account to a new user account on your Switch. Takes, like, five minutes tops.

Ralizah

@KratosMD Based on my experience with the demo:

Switch version is OK, and has pretty good performance, but the image quality isn't fantastic. Lots of jaggies. If you can get past the aliasing and somewhat messy visuals, it's a good time. I really like, as you point out, how this feels less like DW with a Persona skin and more like a full-fledged Persona game with action combat.

RR529

I recently completed New Super Lucky's Tale (look forward to my in depth views in the impressions thread in the future!) which I found to be pretty enjoyable, and have ordered a copy of Daemon X Machina, which I should get by early next week (I hope I'm still able to download the free Eureka 7 DLC, as it's one of my favorite anime, and out of all the mecha properties that are out there it's inclusion comes off as completely random).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

@KratosMD So many Switch ads in Sweden. I've never seen this many before.

Octane

Ralizah

Well, the load times and framerate are obviously better on PS4, but the visuals definitely don't look as different between the platforms as I was expecting.

Guess I'll go with the Switch version.

Octane

@KratosMD Yeah, the weather was awful in Göteborg. 24/7 rain!

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

I've started playing Bloodstaind:Ritual of the Night on Switch this week. I was one of the idiots who didn't read reviews about the Switch port when it was released when I could have got the PS4 version. Lessons learned and all that. I played it briefly when it launched then came across a lot of glitchiness and just decided to leave it until the promised patches came through.

Now they have, I have decided to get stuck in. Overall, the game is in a better state than it was in the summer for sure. Graphics are a bit better and more consistent, the minor quality of life glitches have gone and I have had no serious drops in performance or game breaking bugs or anything. I have noticed a few minor glitches, occasionally flickering of characters or a minor freeze when entering rooms etc. I can't compare to the other versions of the game but it seems playable. I may need to recalibrate/connect my Pro controller as that seems less responsive than the joycons.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

belmont

@Rudy_Manchego I have played B:RotN in Switch before and after patch and I have also playes PS4 and PC versions (I was an original backer). The Switch port is way better, it is not quite there yet but it is playable. Most glitches are gone and the load times are way better. The PS4 version is way better but you really can't go bad with the Switch port now.

belmont

Rudy_Manchego

@belmont That's what I thought and overall, I feel like I am playing the game I wanted at launch and enjoying it so far. While i don't like games releasing bad versions (I would rather a delay) I do appreciate that they did put effort into fixing and I understand that the original devs werent in charge of the port.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Ralizah

@Rudy_Manchego The Bloodstained port is... decent, at this point. Acceptable. Fine. I would have been happy enough with it if it had launched in this state.

For this to be the end result of half a year's worth of patches and updates, though? I'm not really impressed. They don't get points for turning a broken, rushjob mess of a port into something playable. It should never have been broken in the first place.

I liked the game and have recommended it to people (not on Switch), but I think I'll hold off on buying any more of their games for a while. The way they dismissively offloaded the Switch port to some third party who screwed things up rubs me the wrong way. The fact that this version turned out to be their most successful one (around launch, at least) is pure karmic gold.

Edited on by Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego

@Ralizah Well don't get me wrong - I think no game releasing in that state should be OK and patching is the least they can do. I do appreciate that my copy is now playable because the Switch is my device of choice for games like this and I haven't wasted my money in that it is now working. It has made me far more dubious of Switch ports though - too many instances of the Switch ports being the lowly cousin of the othe platforms.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic